Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Re: The Doc is on his bike......

Nope, purely question marks over many of the f**kwits who vote for these kind of awards! [:$]
Just like Craig Flemming being voted player of the season over the Huckerby and Francis inspired team that led us to winning the Championship.
Many of our fans are numb nuts who would not have the first clue how to manage a football team in a Sunday Pub league with any degree of success.

Just like Craig Flemming being voted player of the season over the Huckerby and Francis inspired team that led us to winning the Championship.

Its a big day today! thats the first time i''ve ever agreed with anything you''ve had to say smudge...its a new day tomo''! HAL-AYY-LOOO-YAH!

Craig Fleming was POTS? That must have been during my dark period when I had very limited access to anything NCFC, pre-internet for me.

We have a bad habit of over rating not-very-good players. Doherty is the most recent one of these but it has been going on for decades.

cosmo67, if you enjoyed it, why complain?

Did you not see how the conversation has evolved?

Can one poster not help out another within a conversation as an aside?

We help each other out here, if slightly or even way off topic, from time to time.

Never seen so much fuss about an average at best player being released, fuckin'' unbelievable!. People questioning lambert & stating doc should be inducted into the hall of fame, we truly have some real numpties supporting us, delias reign of shitness really has pulled the wool over people eyes hey!.

Thank god for mcnally/bowkett for showing some bollox otherwise we would still be mid table of div 1...

Mornin'' Gazza. Have a cup of coffee mate and calm down. Most of it is just banter ''cause there''s nothing else going on. We all love PL and trust he will do the right thing over the summer.

[quote user="morty"]Great, another Doherty thread.[/quote]With swear words!!! Pete won''t like that

6 Bags of hay.

1lb of carrots.

Several suger lumps,and the occasional tickle behind the ear for being a good boy!

Thanks houston,now have downloaded it and still makes me smile..Not up on the 1814 new orleans war though as was not part of my studies..but when i get in more(sorry csomos i dont need to spend to much time studying as have Eidetic recall),i will read up on it houston :)

Back to that songwriter..When i heard it,i though it was that american from the 50`s 0r early 60`s who was a harvard grad,and wrote comedy songs,Tom Lehrer,very funny songs, they did a peice on him on bbc about early brit comedy and their influences and that was the first i had heard of him..He did one about the periodic table..But the songwriter of "The battle of 1814" is a guy called johnny horton..Now got it into my comedy songs on itunes

Hope Russell stays but not arsed if Doc goes to Leeds as he wont get them promoted.

Cant believe they gave Hughes a new contract... ambition LOL!

After the game the doc had against leeds at Carrow road Doc may have earned himself a very good contract....? That was by far the best performance i have seen him play...

That match is what changed my opinion of doherty.The only time he let beckford go he out sprinted him over 30 mins n got that tackle in with his head [:S] lol

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"][quote user="Eadienhucks"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]And using your same eyes didnt you see spillane perform in that same position again before he was injured?[/quote]

No because he is a shocking centre back.

[/quote]

I used the word "perform" but against charlton at home,he had burton in his pocket most of the time and gf said that the radio had given him m.o.t.m ..though holt was my choice..Also i think it was the next away match,at gill,he was excellent there and although he switched to right back when we went to 10 men,he continued to stand out!..Right back was where he excelled in especially against orient,but when called upon he easily slotted into that position,and could even possibly play midfield if called upon

[/quote]

The Charlton home game last season, both of their goals were from centres that wern''t cut out, one by Otsemobor and the other from Spillane!

Spillane is a good rightback on his day but hes not a good centreback cause he isn''t strong enough in the air!

[/quote]

Cut out? he was running with the forward and jumped with the attacker and on that occasion was just and a knats hair just,to the ball! Most of the match he was cutting out everything!! Even askou missed a couple of timed jumps to shelvy

He is better at right back but can easily perform at cent half

I am really sorry to see Doherty released.  In the early days I was never a big fan and considered him to be a liability, especially the way he continually wrestled his opponents, and gave away numerous free kicks.  I was then won over because he seemed to sort himself out, and in my opinion he was our best defender over the last two seasons.  Wherever he goes I wish him luck, and if he plays against us in the championship, I will be the first to applaud him as he has been a good servant to this club.

Was never going to cut it and too expensive to keep at the club all those who miss him get out your swamps and wake up and smell the coffee .

I would like to thank Doc for always giving 100% effort and I must admit that he did better in Div 1 than I expected.

I would also like to thank Paul Lambert for taking my advice to get rid of him. It''s great to have a progressive manager - and now I also can''t wait for next season to get started.

It is not about money.  He released himself.  He decided quite early to see your season out come what may but he and Mr Lambert parted company many months ago.

You can forget all the stuff about him not accepting a cut in his wages.  His payment was downgraded when you were relegated and that was explained to him by Mr Gunn who asked if he was prepared to accept the cut.  He accepted the cut.

When Mr Lambert came in he was dropped from your team because they had a verbal fight.  Sadly Mr :L then discovered he didn''t have anyone to replace him and the Doc got restored.

Unfortunately that stuck.  And when Norwich offered  (as they did)  an extension of his contract he told Mr Lambert to **** off.

Some of you will be glad about that and some will not.

That fits and in those circumstances, the performances since his reinstatement reflect extremely well upon the Docs professionalism towards the club and the fans, we''ve seen too many through the doors recently who might have been happy just to sit it out whilst collecting a wage.Wish him the very best, hopefully he''ll get a Champs team sorted which would of course see us gifted a couple of penalties on his return to FCR next season.[;)]

I have commented all season about Gary''s commitment and professionalism.

Number three in the PotS in a good season is a recognition by the fans of what he did.

I hope Gary goes on to enjoy the rest of his career. He will always have friends in Norwich.

If that''s true, then fair enough.

Utter respect to Doherty for fighting for this club whilst he was here. He didn''t need to if the above was the case.

Can''t see that that fits myself. Sure players have behind the sceens fallouts with managers all the time but how many of them make up, play their guts out for three quarters of the season, get made captain, get promoted and then say I''m leaving becasue of a spat we had six months ago?