Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Re: The Doc is on his bike......

No need mate, you prove yourself an idiot, and did so a long time ago.I just have a love of stating the obvious.[:)]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]It''s based on opinions of professional sports reporters, Norwich fans, what I see myself, and so on. Your opinion seems to be based on what you view while being crowded, jostled, distracted, possibly drunk, singing and giving high fives, but nothing else. LOL

I suppose you have no opinion of Nazism, but I am very much opposed to it. No, I was not around when it was menacing the world, but I have learned FROM OTHERS about it.

Keep trying, morty.[/quote]

OMFGLOLDid you really just compare Mortys opinion on Doherty going to games week in week out.. to your opinion on Nazism?!!HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA! OMFG...

We got relegated twice in 4 years with him. Where are all these fond memories coming from, your imaginations?

Of course, it was the Doc, single-handedly, every time. How stupid of me to miss this constant. - woas

Who said it was only Doherty''s fault?

No, AndyCan''t. I enjoy giving people a laugh, although when they laugh because they are not smart enough to understand what I said, then it makes me laugh too. So thanks for that.

morty, AndyCan, do you think Maradonna was a good player in his day?

We''re laughing at you, not with you.Is this where you back out of the debate claiming it was all "tongue on cheek" lol?

]We''re laughing at you, not with you.Is this where you back out of the debate claiming it was all "tongue on cheek" lol?

I wouldn''t be to sure :o)

[quote user="Houston Canary"]No, AndyCan''t. I enjoy giving people a laugh, although when they laugh because they are not smart enough to understand what I said, then it makes me laugh too. So thanks for that.

morty, AndyCan, do you think Maradonna was a good player in his day?[/quote]Maradonna was 1 of the most well known, documented players of his time. Every time he touched the ball it would have been available for people to see the world over. He played in club football at the highest level and for Argentina as part of a superb international club.Your opinion on Doherty is based on second hand tv highlights, fans opinions who''ve seen those highlights, and stuff you''ve read. My opinion of what I''ve seen of Maradonna is that he was a great player. But if someone who had seen him play hundreds of games was telling me that my opinion based on a few tv, and youtube clips was wrong. I''d never have the outright cheek to argue with that person.

Anyway so I was waiting in line earlier for some Sushi in the new YoSushi bar in Norwich. And this old Jewish guy said to me.. "ARGHH THE HOLOCAUST WAS TERRIBLE" I told him to hush after all what did he know he was only there.. I''ve seen clips on the History and Discovery channel that give me a much better view. And after all he was too emotionally involved to have a fair opinion.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]morty, AndyCan, do you think Maradonna was a good player in his day?[/quote]Yes, but the Doc would have made him look ordinary!

HA HA HA, good one, lappin.

AndyCan''t, how many times did you see Maradonna play? According to your puppet master morty, you cannot have a valid opinion of anything, be it Doherty, Nazism, famine in Somalia or the Rwandan genocide, if you did not witness it yourself from a crowded, boisterous setting after downing a few pints.

Were you there at the stadiums he played in, or did you just see him on TV and read things about him that other people wrote?

AT least morty saw the trap I set for the 2 of you, so credit to him for not being as drunkenly stupid as I thought he might be this early in the day, but you stepped in it and have failed to tip toe your way out of it. Admit you know nothing about Maradonna and never will be able to OR admit my opinion has validity. Either or, AndyCap.

Did you even read my post you absolute special. I said that I think Maradonna is a good player based on what I''ve seen. You''re clinging on so so tightly it is making you look so completely and utterly pathetic you surely must see that?

[quote user="morty"]So roughly 80% of your opinion is actually someone else''s recycled?

When did you last see him play live? I have asked you this before and you dodged teh question.
[/quote]

It doesnt matter about when he has last seen him live!..When i was a lad ,steve bruce had the worse debut ever,and nearly all the fans leaving the ground and those who wrote into the pinkun soapbox were saying what a waste of money..Based on 1 match..But the manager brown stated in the paper that he will come good,even though he had only performed before at 4th div gillingham, a lot of scouts and reports in their local paper said he was showing a lot of promise..so brown who had seen him only once before that,a league cup match against us,recycled the opinion of scouts and local paper pundits to prove to us he will come good.....Spurs fans knew the doc could be a liability when under pressure and loved telling us when we signed him,like we did with the saints fans and semmy...doc did cost us a few goals and was often saved by covering defenders(first hand watchin..me)..but also when we were winning or cruising,he seemed to relax more and time his tackles well..this year is the best of seen him though there has been times when i thought he was reverting back to his edgy style with late tackles etc...Going and going on 100% recycled opinion about zak,from millwall fans,leeds fans and charlton fans,plus what the pundits stated when we bought him ,i think Lambert knows what he is doing

It is nice you would not have the cheek (or the balls) to dispute someone who was there regarding anything, AndyCrap, but being there does not mean you get the whole picture, does it.

I imagine a history professor knows more about certain events from long ago than people who were there just like a reporter knows more about a modern event than people who were actually there because the reporter has studied it, interviewed people, researched it and written out the accounts to get the big picture.

You would rather trust your own limited view point and nothing else. Then how come someone at the game (you?) had to start a thread a few weeks ago about whether the ball went in or not?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

I imagine a history professor knows more about certain events from long ago than people who were there just like a reporter knows more about a modern event than people who were actually there because the reporter has studied it, interviewed people, researched it and written out the accounts to get the big picture. [/quote]Stop clinging onto pathetic obscured analogies..A history professor has the ability to be able to source all those things you talk of.. what have you got? a 2 minute long low resolution highlights reel? and people like Smudgers opinion?What terrifies me is that your profile claims you''re a teacher..... my oh my.

"So the thousands of fans who voted him Player of the Season in 2005-6

ahead of Darren Huckerby "do not know their football"Course some of them do but look at the sentence again - 2005-6He is of course now 4 yrs older. On your argument there, maybe Ferguson should keep Giggs until 2013/14 cos he has had a good couple of seasons up to now!

My profile terrifies you? Wow, I am way more significant than even my mom thinks.

Pathetic obscured analogies? Really?? Is that all you can come up with to counter my valid point? AndyCan''t, you have got to do better than that if you want to get even one point in this debate.

I like Smudger''s comments because he usually speaks with an open mind, unclouded by emotion, unlike you. But I do not base my opinions solely on what Smudger has to say. Why you think that may be related to your short attention span. I mentioned a variety of sources and you interpret that to mean Smudger.

How many times have you seen Lionel Messi play? How many times have you seen John Terry play? Do you think the reports on games they play in are more trustworthy than reports done by Norwich area writers on games Doherty plays in? Go ahead and trash the PinkUn, AntCan.

I like Smudger''s comments because he usually speaks with an open mind,

unclouded by emotion.Lol[:''(]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I am amused by the shrill reactions of some of the fans of Gary Doherty. One fellow suggested Doherty be in the Hall of Fame. I presume he means the NCFC one and not the FA one, but still..... grantroed, earlier you mentioned you hoped Doherty wouldn''t come back to haunt us. He already has haunted us. OR grantroed, earlier you mentioned you hoped Doherty wouldn''t come back to haunt us. You mean like how he haunted Tottenham the 2 times we played them and lost by an aggregate of something like 7 to 0? gr, you also claim Doherty loved the club so much, but if that is the case, why did he wait until the last minute to sign his previous contracts? If he loved the club so much, he''d have done a Huckerby and signed immediately. He did have a good season this year, but so did everyone else except Theoklitis. The difference between Doherty and the other defenders is that he has already had a shot at the CCC and failed. I do think we should keep him, though. If we get relegated next season, he can play to his level and help get us promoted out of League One again.[/quote]

What a load of crepe suzette.

Which of our defenders was it who made the League One team of the year???  Who has performed better than Askou, Nelson, Spillane and Whitbread this season???  Of course Doherty has failed at Championship level, that''s why different managers kept selecting him, why he has been captain/vice captain.  Who else did you see trying to save the team at the last when we had been cut wide open and everyone else had pi55ed off for a picnic - hardly surprising he gave away fouls is it.

How many other players rush to sign a contract?

And if we do get relegated next season then it will prove that Nelson, Askou, Spillane and Whitbread have failed at CCC level.

Russell has failed at CCC level as has Drury!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I bet he will end up with a League 1 or lower level CCC side. This would be based solely on this past season. If not for that, he would end up like that guy who played for us in the Prem whom I saw on TV here in an early round FA Cup game a few years back playing defender for King''s Lynn. Was that Charlton, I don''t recall, but I do remember being quite p#ssed off seeing this guy playing for KL because it meant NOBODY else in football thought he was worth signing and yet he was a regualr on our team in the Prem. How does one drop 5 or 6 divisions so quickly? By being seriously overrated by the first team.[/quote]See, this is why a lot of us think you know sod all about football.That King''s Lynn game (against Oldham) did feature an ex-City player - Alex Notman.  He was a reasonably regular player for us up until his freak injury at Ipswich in 2002 and retired from the professional game a year later.  He never played in the Prem for us, or even got close, and the reason he was playing for Lynn was because he simply physically couldn''t play full-time.  Nothing to do with not being good enough and also he was a forward who could play in midfield, not a defender.Craig Fleming (not Simon Charlton) did eventually play for King''s Lynn but at the time of that match was still with City.  He left shortly after, played for Rotherham and then moved to Lynn.  This was not because he wasn''t any good - he was a regular in the Prem, yes, but probably wasn''t up to it there, and played regularly in our play-off and promotion seasons - but because he was getting on a bit.  Nothing to do with him being overrated by anybody.  He played the majority of his career in the top two divisions and won player of the season while he was here...

The topic seemed to be about Askou, Spillane and Whitbread, and as far as I know, they have not played at CCC level much or at all.

nbs, the entire comment was tongue in cheek humor, not really meant to present anything other than a laugh.

I don''t know how many other players rush to sign a contract, but if people are saying he loves NCFC, why would he wait until the last minute to sign? The manager needs to know ASAP who he has available so he can make whatever moves need to be made. Leaving the team hanging like that was purely selfish, not supportive of NCFC and the fans.

Not sure what you''re trying to debate with the all-star team selection. He made it in League One, he did not make it in CCC and was part of a sieve-like defense. He has found his level. I think we agree on that point.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="Houston Canary"] I imagine a history professor knows more about certain events from long ago than people who were there just like a reporter knows more about a modern event than people who were actually there because the reporter has studied it, interviewed people, researched it and written out the accounts to get the big picture. [/quote]

Stop clinging onto pathetic obscured analogies..

A history professor has the ability to be able to source all those things you talk of.. what have you got? a 2 minute long low resolution highlights reel? and people like Smudgers opinion?

What terrifies me is that your profile claims you''re a teacher..... my oh my.

[/quote]

lol there was a lot more detractors than smudger!..

Most people tend to think 1066 was black n white..french invaded,1 in the eye,job done,mainly because of a cloth with writing and pictures on it..But that doesnt make it correct..take into account edmers version,take into consideration,the possible pact with harolds brother tostig and his pact with harold hardraider and their timing of invasion..Take into consideration the secret meetings of 64 and the capture of harold..And in my opinion,the biggest of all...they were ex danes anyway who had just settled in northern franc..adding credance to the hardraider/tostig theory..

Most americans tend to think they whipped our ass in 76(actually 75 to 83) but fail to take into consideration we were blockaded by the french who we were also at war with,and the weapons that the colonists use also cmae from the french...and they were ex pats anyway either first gen or next,and were british colonists.so it was really a war between britain and ..britains living abroad who now wanted representation.which according to some historians was maninly happy to continue to be governed by london as they got protection etc by us,but some who were wealthy and was hit by granvilles tax in 65,started a campaign of anto london rule,putting rumours about that we intended to tax them directly on all income.and using the march 5th 70 riot as authoritarian jackbooting.when in fact only 5 were shot upon and only after a leg of a table was used to smash open a british,scottish soldiers head...But the papers and properganda merchants who were at the riot tried to discredit the british saying we fired on innocent women and children..and personal diarys of the soldiers and a non biased new york times reporter,wrote a different story..So taken into account the veiws of a lot of norwich fans opinions shared on message boards and spurs fans when we signed him,the american fan has every right to form an opinion based on this as he has a lot more diversity of sources of information,than a history professor who usually has just a version that is written by one side to validate their actions(1080 the tapestry,appeasing the pope,and the propergandists who wanted to validate forming a break away nation),and if lucky diarys and other personal letters that may give a different version

Before I forget, I should add that Simon Charlton was actually playing for Oldham that night.  Again, released by us, spent most of his career in the top two divisions, getting on a bit etc etc...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]I am amused by the shrill reactions of some of the fans of Gary Doherty. One fellow suggested Doherty be in the Hall of Fame. I presume he means the NCFC one and not the FA one, but still..... grantroed, earlier you mentioned you hoped Doherty wouldn''t come back to haunt us. He already has haunted us. OR grantroed, earlier you mentioned you hoped Doherty wouldn''t come back to haunt us. You mean like how he haunted Tottenham the 2 times we played them and lost by an aggregate of something like 7 to 0? gr, you also claim Doherty loved the club so much, but if that is the case, why did he wait until the last minute to sign his previous contracts? If he loved the club so much, he''d have done a Huckerby and signed immediately. He did have a good season this year, but so did everyone else except Theoklitis. The difference between Doherty and the other defenders is that he has already had a shot at the CCC and failed. I do think we should keep him, though. If we get relegated next season, he can play to his level and help get us promoted out of League One again.[/quote]

What a load of crepe suzette.

Which of our defenders was it who made the League One team of the year???  Who has performed better than Askou, Nelson, Spillane and Whitbread this season???  Of course Doherty has failed at Championship level, that''s why different managers kept selecting him, why he has been captain/vice captain.  Who else did you see trying to save the team at the last when we had been cut wide open and everyone else had pi55ed off for a picnic - hardly surprising he gave away fouls is it.

How many other players rush to sign a contract?

And if we do get relegated next season then it will prove that Nelson, Askou, Spillane and Whitbread have failed at CCC level.

Russell has failed at CCC level as has Drury!

[/quote]

Then green wouldve been a failure at prem level when he came down with us?  There are other variables to factor in

[quote user="Houston Canary"]The topic seemed to be about Askou, Spillane and Whitbread, and as far as I know, they have not played at CCC level much or at all. nbs, the entire comment was tongue in cheek humor, not really meant to present anything other than a laugh. I don''t know how many other players rush to sign a contract, but if people are saying he loves NCFC, why would he wait until the last minute to sign? The manager needs to know ASAP who he has available so he can make whatever moves need to be made. Leaving the team hanging like that was purely selfish, not supportive of NCFC and the fans. Not sure what you''re trying to debate with the all-star team selection. He made it in League One, he did not make it in CCC and was part of a sieve-like defense. He has found his level. I think we agree on that point.[/quote]

We agree on nothing "Houston (we have a problem) Canary".

He has not found his level.  He IS good enough for the Championship.

Askou, Spillane, Nelson and Whitbread should have all left before the Doc went.

We should also get shot of Russell and Drury.  They have both been a part of poor CC Championship sides Russell is 29, Drury 31, (Doherty 30), they are both probably on a decent wage.  Russell and Drury both found their level this season.

Most Americans, at least the ones I know, are fully aware that we would not have stood a chance against Britain without the aid of Britain''s European enemies who used the Revolution as a chance to knock the dominant world empire of Britain down a few pegs. Maybe we act like we did it ourselves, but we all know the truth. Hillbillies with hunting rifles stood no chance against the British military. The French were especially happy to pitch in after losing so much in the 7 Yrs War.

But your point about various sources is excellent. I watched a program last year in which they recreated the setting to see if the British soldiers really could have heard a command to open fire, and the forensics showed it was very unlikely, thus hurting the colonists version of events. Fascinating stuff.

I once heard a song when i was young that had a line like " the british came a running and there wasnt many as there was a while ago..we fired our muscats and the british went a running down to the gulf of mexico" ..What is that song as at the timed i really liked it

I only think Doc looked good was because he had found his right level, and will more tan likley end up at one of the three who miss out in the playoffs, or even with one that has come down to L.1, and then be ditched again like Malky was.