Sign in to follow this  
SUPER YELLOW CANARY

Re: The Doc is on his bike......

My neighbours son who is a trainee chef at Bernies mobile burger bar (Barnham Broom) says that is not true! [;)]

[quote user="IncH_HigH 2"]Is he still just a trainee Lap, thought he''d have passed the bacon butty test by now.[:''(][/quote]You are kidding  !  It can take decades to learn how to get the fat to just the right level of molten-lava hot, so that you get the bacon just the right amount of crispy.  There''s a reason that you haven''t seen "Jamie does....a burger van" on Channel 4 you know...

[quote user="IncH_HigH 2"]Is he still just a trainee Lap, thought he''d have passed the bacon butty test by now.[:''(]
[/quote]He just can''t get them onions right Inchy, so he''s having to sit the exam again.[;)]

Wouldn''t be surprised if this were true tbh, Doc has been good in League 1 but Lambert will probaly be mindful of the fact that he was part of a dodgy defence when we were in the championship before.

Aint happy about that! ..Smacks of mackay/iwan last time..And just as he had put in the performances of his life last season! ....But in lambert we trust :(

He''s never been good enough and was a major reason we got relegated twice

**** this, how can we be keeping Nelson but releasing Doherty?! I''m not gonna ***king trust in lambert right now

Wow. A bold step. Yes, there can be no doubt he''s a liability on occasions but he''s an experienced centre half who always gives his all.

thought he had a solid season, more mobile than nelson and a better passer.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]Aint happy about that! ..Smacks of mackay/iwan last time..And just as he had put in the performances of his life last season! ....But in lambert we trust :([/quote]

Guy deserved recognition for last season....Wanted him out a year ago,but during season he proved me wrong..hope he dont go to another championship side,and if he does,i will cheer his name loudly if he plays against us!

Like those above, I''m gutted! I thought he had a great season, and given that he was almost a constant in the team, I didn''t see this coming. The rest of the names are to be expected.First the Tories, then this! I think I''ll avoid this board for a few days so I don''t have to read all the Doc haters crowing about this. Thanks Doc for all your efforts and I hope you find a decent club to take you on. There''s only one Ginger Pele!

Phew thank god.  Always knew in Lambert we can Trust.  No more wrestling at the edge of the area, no more silly penatlies, no more aimless nervous hoofs.  Premiership here we come!!!!!!

Best news since claiming the league!

The Renaissance is nearly complete - sense at last.

Now I''m ducking for for cover.

PS:

A big thanks Doc, for all, good and bad, in particular your efforts this season and some great goals.

[quote user="freddyf105"]

**** this, how can we be keeping Nelson but releasing Doherty?! I''m not gonna ***king trust in lambert right now

[/quote]

Come on freddy, look at the big picture. Yes he was great last season, but we know in the Championship he''ll face much better quality of striker. I''m not saying Nelson is any better - but at the end of the day, he''s got a contract. Perhaps one big, strong defender with his heart on his sleeve but with no pace, no positional sense and no ability going forwards is enough for Lambert?

Well, now we''ll see whether any other clubs come in for him or not.   My guess is he''ll get a Championship contract somewhere, but we''ll see.Thanks Doc, good luck.

Gotta say though, Askou and nelson looked very solid when they played together as did spillane..actually spillane looked class....Nelson passed a lot better in the last few matches and was excellent at covering..So we have strength in that department...But just incase of injuries and loss of form etc ,i imo wouldve kept the doc as a squad player

[quote user="The Black Panther"]

His large wages was probably one of the main reasons behind it too.

[/quote]

Agreed. You also never know, it could have been Doc''s decision. He''s been here a long time, maybe he thought it time to give something else a go (probably not though).

Wasn''t Doc one of our higher wage earners?.....

Maybe Lambert''s got to trim the wage bill - before being allowed to recruit new blood?....

I''m a little surprised by Docherty''s release.....but it''s Lambert''s call, and one has got to trust his judgement......

[quote user="TheGoogler"][quote user="freddyf105"]

[/quote] Come on freddy, look at the big picture. Yes he was great last season, but we know in the Championship he''ll face much better quality of striker. I''m not saying Nelson is any better - but at the end of the day, he''s got a contract. Perhaps one big, strong defender with his heart on his sleeve but with no pace, no positional sense and no ability going forwards is enough for Lambert?[/quote] Sorry...I''m just a bit confused right now, I love ginger Pele, long may he succeed- wherever he goes... [:''(]

Right decision as Nelson has been the better player for a number of months and when it came down to the crunch he showed more bottle....

Reckon Lambert knows he can get better for less.