Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

NAME THAT TEAM - Bristol Rovers (a) 1975

In some ways it reminds me of the current side, powerful up front, but with a team of grafters behind. We had an experienced world class keeper, rather than a potential world class keeper. Fullbacks were not the greatest to have played for the side, and the midfield on that day were much like now - no Hoolahan equivalent, but players who would scrap all day. Two centre halfs who weren''t certain they were first choice - one experienced one less so. Some went on to be stalwarts - much like some of the current crop can be.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]In some ways it reminds me of the current side, powerful up front, but with a team of grafters behind. We had an experienced world class keeper, rather than a potential world class keeper. Fullbacks were not the greatest to have played for the side, and the midfield on that day were much like now - no Hoolahan equivalent, but players who would scrap all day. Two centre halfs who weren''t certain they were first choice - one experienced one less so. Some went on to be stalwarts - much like some of the current crop can be.[/quote]

The front two were one of the most deadly combinbations I''ve seen at City, but the difference between that side and the current one was that there was a greater goal threat  from midfield. Oh and one centre half who wasn''t sure if he wanted to be a man or a woman (allegedly!).