Sign in to follow this  
Block E Buh

Kasper Schmichael

If they can''t afford is wagesI''m faily sur we wn''t be able too... I''d expect to see him go somewhere like Middlesbrough where they could afford to pay him.

He was on £1 million a year at Notts County. Personally I don''t rate the guy and I think he is a league 1 player at best. However regardless of ability if we had that kind of money to spend on a goalkeeper surely we should be using it to get Fraser Forster back next year. He will be out on loan again next season I would imagine. So we should be trying to move heaven and earth to make it happen.

[quote user="pennywise "]what about julian speroni ? could be going very cheap  if they get relegated or go to the wall [:D][/quote]

Good shout that. Or Basso perhaps? Available of a free transfer. All cheap, experienced options. Rudd is only 18/19 so he is a little bit away yet for me. Should be remembered that even Rob Green who is now a full England international did not become an automatic selection until 2001/2. That meant he was 21. Smithies at Huddersfield is about the only teenage keeper I can think of playing regularly of the top of my head and I dont think he has been that impressive.

And how did you work that one out? This is a club which struggled to pay a £200k tax bill a few months back and narrowly escaped administration.... please note that they signed Sol Campbell and Sven Goran Eriksson without solid investment, hence the reason that Eriksson left!

We won''t be able to pay him £1m, but will he really get that elsewhere? I say offer him 250k a year..... 5k a week.... and see where that leaves us. He is quality, and will have a big resale value at some stage in the future....

[quote user="freddyf105"]If they can''t afford is wagesI''m faily sur we wn''t be able too... I''d expect to see him go somewhere like Middlesbrough where they could afford to pay him.[/quote]

The above reply was a response to you....

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]

And how did you work that one out? This is a club which struggled to pay a £200k tax bill a few months back and narrowly escaped administration.... please note that they signed Sol Campbell and Sven Goran Eriksson without solid investment, hence the reason that Eriksson left!

We won''t be able to pay him £1m, but will he really get that elsewhere? I say offer him 250k a year..... 5k a week.... and see where that leaves us. He is quality, and will have a big resale value at some stage in the future....

[/quote]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/notts_county/8647725.stm

I know this probably wasn''t a response to me but I am not one to go banding about figures without concrete evidence. This estimate from the BBC puts him on about 800k a year. However it was estimated he was on £1 million in an earlier blog.