Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Spending in the summer...

Lambert is going to find it very hard to secure decent signings with the extremely limited amount of money he has to spend! Who would you like to see signed?

[quote user="Delia Out!"]Lambert is going to find it very hard to secure decent signings with the extremely limited amount of money he has to spend! Who would you like to see signed?[/quote/]

It''s a bit early to say who we would like to sign because we don''t know how much money is avaliable, it''s always possible that some investment could come in during the summer and if it does things could change dramatically.

The good thing is that nearly every other team in the championship will be in a simular position. Bunley stand out as an exception. There are bargains out there which is why the likes of Doncaster, Scunthorpe,Barnsley and in particular Blackpool continue to survive at championship level. The secret is spotting the talent before everyone else does then you have to pay for it. look at Brian Stock, Charlie Adams, Bill sharpe and hooper all from the above clubs. I suspect most of the players we bring in will be youngsters or Bosmans and most we will never have heard of, hopefully some will come off

Maybe Lloyd Sam with Nicky Bailey, both from Charlton.

Billy Paynter is out of contract in the summer. As is Lloyd Sam.

Adam LeFonre, Kevin Amankwah/Andy Griffin, Mark Beevers, Albert Adomah/Lloyd Sam and possibly Chris Lines... The whole lot of them should roughly cost what? 1 million??? And if that fails just sign Akinbiyi and Fletcher (bournemouth) I''d be happy with that  [:D]

[quote user="freddyf105"]Adam LeFonre, Kevin Amankwah/Andy Griffin, Mark Beevers, Albert Adomah/Lloyd Sam and possibly Chris Lines... The whole lot of them should roughly cost what? 1 million??? And if that fails just sign Akinbiyi and Fletcher (bournemouth) I''d be happy with that  [:D][/quote]Oh and Billy Payner if he gets released- all that above depends on which clubs get promoted and relegated cause that could affect prices big time!!

[quote user="freddyf105"]Adam LeFonre, Kevin Amankwah/Andy Griffin, Mark Beevers, Albert Adomah/Lloyd Sam and possibly Chris Lines... The whole lot of them should roughly cost what? 1 million??? And if that fails just sign Akinbiyi and Fletcher (bournemouth) I''d be happy with that  [:D][/quote]

In your dreams... good players mate but I think that Le Fondre has another two years to run on his contract so would value him at anywhere between £500k and £1 million, I also think that Bristol Rovers would look to try and secure a similar amount for Chris Lines and that Charlton would be looking for at least £1 million on Lloyd Sam also.  So I think that 2 or 3 of the above players would probably take up our entire budget as things stand at the moment.

Just seen that Lloyd Sam is apparently out of contract (above), but I reckon there will be a lot of interest for him and that Charlton will certainly have him signing a new contract if they can secure promotion.

As for Adamoh, I reckon many at the club will have another whipping boy to join McNamee given some of the criticism he received after a couple of poor performances on Saturday by many (even though you could count on one hand and still have a spare digit - those who deserved any credit from Saturdays performance).

There will be plenty of players out of contract in the summer and a lot of clubs aren''t looking too good financially so there will be a few bargains about. It''s just a case of Lambert and co finding the right players from the large list.Some of our best players in recent years, cost next to nothing.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="freddyf105"]Adam LeFonre, Kevin Amankwah/Andy Griffin, Mark Beevers, Albert Adomah/Lloyd Sam and possibly Chris Lines... The whole lot of them should roughly cost what? 1 million??? And if that fails just sign Akinbiyi and Fletcher (bournemouth) I''d be happy with that  [:D][/quote]

In your dreams... good players mate but I think that Le Fondre has another two years to run on his contract so would value him at anywhere between £500k and £1 million, I also think that Bristol Rovers would look to try and secure a similar amount for Chris Lines and that Charlton would be looking for at least £1 million on Lloyd Sam also.  So I think that 2 or 3 of the above players would probably take up our entire budget as things stand at the moment.

[/quote]

Saying that both Lines (on league 1 wages) and Sam should be available on free''s (saying the latter''s team doesn''t get promoted) I think we''d be in fr a good shout. LeFondre is an interesting one, Rotherhaam are struggling finnancially and have admitted i the past that they will have to sell if they don''t manage promotion so i reckon we could easily get him on the cheap... anyway if we mae our interest obvious to players like Lines the''d be likely to stall on signing a new contract in favour of joining a newly promoted championship side. Anyway like I said iall else fails hopefully Akinbiyi coud be sliped in there!

[quote user="Smudger"]

Just seen that Lloyd Sam is apparently out of contract (above), but I reckon there will be a lot of interest for him and that Charlton will certainly have him signing a new contract if they can secure promotion.

As for Adamoh, I reckon many at the club will have another whipping boy to join McNamee given some of the criticism he received after a couple of poor performances on Saturday by many (even though you could count on one hand and still have a spare digit - those who deserved any credit from Saturdays performance).

[/quote]

Sorry I don''t get what you''re trying to say?! [:S]

Unfortunately we have no idea what the budgets will be, but assuming it is enough for 3 - 4 players I would expect that to equate to some experienced championship players out of contract.

I actually find it strange that we have just won the league very comfortably, take out Gunns tenure and we would have won it by miles, and people query that our players are not good enough, but other league 1 and even league 2 players will dramatically improve our side.