Sign in to follow this  
TheNewBoy

Imagine Huckerby with Holt....

Whilst Hoolohan is doing a fine job of supplying the forwards, has anybody else sat and pondered what it would be like to have a non-crocked Darren Huckerby on the left and Grant Holt up front? That would be a dream team.....

GreenEdworthy       Askou   Doherty    Drury                          RussellSmith                                 Huckerby                         Hoolahan              Holt             Martin

They would of torn league 1 apart [;)]

just as askou dominated defence before he got injured. dont get me wrong nelson is class too, i just prefer askou, just my opinion. our best run of the season in terms of results and performance was when askou was playing i feel. still its great to have so many top class options, most clubs wud love askou as their 1st choice, let alone back up!

Nelson has retained his place in the team this season on merit, but I would place Askou at miles ahead of him in terms of ability. I sincerely hope that Askou and Doherty start next season as our back two, with Whitbread being opportunities to show us that he really is as good as Ian Crook says he is.

With Askou we have a player who can pass his way out of defence, we won''t get away with playing Nelson next season, the bloke is just not capable enough to play Championship football... sorry Andy..... Askou is head and shoulders above Nelson.

I really hope Askou''s City career doesn''t just fade away after that great start. When he got injured I wasn''t expecting him to miss the rest of the season. Credit to Nelson though and I don''t think there''s a lot between them purely as defenders.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]HOOLAHAN rather than hux all day long![/quote]As big a fan of Hoolahan as I am (I even have his name on the back of my shirt), I would still rather have Hucks if there was a choice.Huckerby on his own would change a game. Being able to run at people and often take 3 people out of the game at a time was irreplaceable.Hoolahan is very good, but one player dedicated to going in with hard tackles on him, or not having bright players around him completely ruins his game.

It''s too dreamy to contemplate! Would have been devastating! Any great striker needs quality deliveries in to him - that ocmbo would have defined it!

[quote user="NCFC-47"]                         GreenEdworthy       Askou   Doherty    Drury                          RussellSmith                                 Huckerby                         Hoolahan              Holt             Martin

They would of torn league 1 apart [;)][/quote]That team would of torn the Championship apart!