[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Met Mr Gunn and chatted to him on a number of occasions, seems a decent bloke....

I blame those that made him temporary manager...then made him full-time manager.

When it was blatantly evident that he wasn''t really up for it - when failing to win any of our half a dozen remaining matches in the Championship.

Don''t really blame him....but he should have said ''Sorry, but I''m not up to it - and my best wasn''t good enough''....

Well suited in his present employment though....

[/quote]

I absolutely agree with the only additional point that he continues to say he would change nothing.   I don''t blame him for failure but I do criticise his continued attempts to deny that failure.

And for what it is worth, there were two of his signings in the Championship winning team last Saturday; Holt and Nelson.

I''d shake his hand and thank him for all he did for us. Whether he was one of the best goalkeepers at the club is another debate I guess, though I''d still rank him up there with the best. Besides that, he gave 100% for our cause every time and has been a magnificent servant for us, so he''ll always be a legend in my book.

I''d also like to point out that, as mananger in the Championship, he was taking over what was bascially an already sinking ship, but despite that we were actually still in with a chance of staying up in the last two games of the season. Under Roeder''s stewardship, we''d have been relegated much earlier. He was given a seemingly impossible task and lesser men would have buckled under such pressure. I don''t blame Gunny for the Charlton result either, by all accounts I''ve heard from that day the players had absolutely bottled it, and not even a Jose Mourinho figure could''ve turned their morale around.

The 7-1 was a dark, dark day. But the blame shouldn''t solely go on Gunny, it was some incredibly bad goalkeeping and defending which helped to produce the freak scoreline (admittedly, Colchester deserved it).

His managerial reign ultimately wasn''t enough to save us from relegation to the third tier, a division we certainly belonged in, in terms of performances last season. But for League One, we couldn''t take the chance of wait and see, we had to take action and bring in Paul Lambert, a decision which paid off to no end.

By all accounts it looks like McNally got it spot on. Talking of the lack or proper preparation that McNally mentioned, I noticed it right before the Colchester game in the training session. Col U were passing the ball around and looking sharp, Gunny just seemed to have us doing light jogging and stretches.

But, after all of it, Gunny is still a legend to me. To this day he absolutely bleeds the yellow and green cause and despite things not working out, I''d much rather someone lived and died by our cause like Gunny, who actually gave a sh*t about the club, than a souless cretin like Roeder who single handedly bastardised us and sent us into oblivion.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Now that the dust has settled on promotion and the wrongs of the last two years eradicated i ask you all if you met B.G in the street would you greet him as a Norwich legend or a failed Norwich manager. I know he''s kind of both ut my first reaction will always be Norwich legend.[/quote]

Norwich Legend.

[quote user="The Chirp"][quote user="morty"]Okay, my opinion is that he leeched off the club for way too long and was our worst manager ever, he was stupid to take the job (carp on all you like about the board being stupid to appoint him but he''s a grown adult who should have known he was undertaking something that was beyond his skills)His arrogance on telly at the Leeds game implying that Norwich would have been doing just as well had he still been manager was astounding, he later went on to imply the same thing in the EDP some months later.[/quote]did you expect him to say... "Yeah do you know what? I was rubbish... I should never have taken the job in the first place when I think about it... what was I thinking...?!?! jeeze thank god that''s all over!"Come on now... He had self belief as all sportsmen do. If they didn''t they would never have made it as a professional footballer. Other ex pro''s have gone into management without any previous experience and it''s worked... This time it didn''t. Of course he would have believed he could have turned it round... Evidence suggests otherwise but maybe he would? maybe the penny would have dropped? I am not saying for one min that he would have done but I really don''t think it was arrogance and I don''t think it was astounding that he felt that way. I have to say Morty i am surprised you thought that... you seem like one of the more level headed people on here. On the topic of freeloading... (was it Wiz who mentioned this? It usually is...) I think that is spiteful really. He had to make a living after football and worked at the club... Were Goss, Milligan and all the others freeloading too? Maybe you think they are. I don''t.They were doing a job at the club. I bet you you can''t find a club in the whole league who doesn''t employ former players. It really isn''t uncommon for former players to be employed by their old club as people like dealing with former players... It''s good advertising etc... I haven''t got time to explain it all but hopefully I shouldn''t need to... However... If people deem it freeloading like some people do with lifelong JSA benefits etc then perhaps I do! [/quote]So because my opinion differs to yours that somehow makes me not level headed?After being relegated (when he had more than enough games to keep us up) he should have said to the board "As much as I love this club I really don''t think I can do this" but no, he thought he could, so all they all swanned off to Scotland and got pi$$ed and played some second rate teams and thought they were prepared for the season. So after the previous season and that combined the man still has the temerity to claim that Norwich would have been "There or thereabouts" had he still been in charge, this from a man who managerial stock was so good he was working for a mobile phone company?Like I said had he come out and said "I am sorry, I did my best for the club I love and it wasn''t good enough, I''m sorry" then he could have avoided a lot of the bad feeling. Wouldn''t surprise me if he maintains now that we would have won the league with him in charge.The club has no place these days for freeloaders.

[quote user="Stunning volley from Goss"]

True legend & should be treated as such.. I personally think it will be a crying shame if the choose to rename The Gunn Club!!!

He bleeds yellow & green & jumped at the chance to be manager, alright we all know he wasn''t up to the job. But how many of us fans would do the same thing given the opportunity?

[/quote]

I said many times, having green and yellow blood don''t turn you into a manager, if so we have 25.000 managers turn up every home match.Don''t mean we''ll be any good at it though,