I would greet him as a legend, he wasn''t a great manager and should have never taken the job but he worked hard for the club in the past, loves the club with passion and has been a great ambassador for the childrens Leukemia appeal in Norwich.

Top bloke is Bryan.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Now that the dust has settled on promotion and the wrongs of the last two years eradicated i ask you all if you met B.G in the street would you greet him as a Norwich legend or a failed Norwich manager. I know he''s kind of both ut my first reaction will always be Norwich legend.[/quote]

Still a failure I''m afraid. Hopefully it won''t be too long before I can erase the bad memories of his tenure as a manager of this football club.

True legend & should be treated as such.. I personally think it will be a crying shame if the choose to rename The Gunn Club!!!

He bleeds yellow & green & jumped at the chance to be manager, alright we all know he wasn''t up to the job. But how many of us fans would do the same thing given the opportunity?

[quote user="Stunning volley from Goss"]

True legend & should be treated as such.. I personally think it will be a crying shame if the choose to rename The Gunn Club!!!

He bleeds yellow & green & jumped at the chance to be manager, alright we all know he wasn''t up to the job. But how many of us fans would do the same thing given the opportunity?

[/quote]

Totally agree!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Now that the dust has settled on promotion and the wrongs of the last two years eradicated i ask you all if you met B.G in the street would you greet him as a Norwich legend or a failed Norwich manager. I know he''s kind of both ut my first reaction will always be Norwich legend.[/quote]

I think unfortunately for Bryan it will increasing be the latter. Obviously the older generation of fan will remember the heroics against Munich, pretending to head the crossbar and the stirling work he has done for the leaukemia appeal. Unfortunately this was about 15 years ago. Since then a younger generation of fan is coming through who won''t have seen a great deal of this. So unfortunately the only thing from their experience to judge him on is his mangerial record and I think in particular that Colchester 7-1. Its a shame but he will always be a club legend for me as I doubt a Norwich team will ever finish that high again in my lifetime.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, not again.[/quote]

Well i thought it a good oppotunity to see what peoples thoughts were now that the whole mess is 100% behind us. The topic is quite obvious what it will be about if you dont wish to view it then dont click it.

[/quote]There is a thread on this very subject at least once a week and opinion will be divided between people thinking him a legend and people thinking he was a leech on the club for far too long, with most agreeing (bar a few) that he was the worst manager ever.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Not even a legend in my book, not even in top three goalkeepers of Norwich city History, sorry people.[/quote]

Thats fair enough. The likes of Green, Woods, Keelan and Nethercoot to name but a few have all been great goalkeepers so I respect that opinion. But Gunn was also a fantastic goalkeeper in my opinion and it was no coincedence that he played during some of our best times ever as a club.

[quote user="morty"]Jesus, not again.[/quote]

Well i thought it a good oppotunity to see what peoples thoughts were now that the whole mess is 100% behind us. The topic is quite obvious what it will be about if you dont wish to view it then dont click it.

[/quote]agreed... I don''t know why people bother if it isn''t something they''re interested in! Each to their own though... it''s a free [miserable] country etc... I will be meeting him at a wedding in just over a week and I will defo see him as a legend. He''s done a lot for the people of this county but sadly people have short memories. Brilliant keeper as well.

[quote user="Razzmatazz"]Surely this has been discussed enough. Move on.[/quote]

stay out of the topic then!

[/quote]repeating myself... but... AGREED! stay off the thread if it''s of no interest to you! again... i know it''s a free [miserable] country etc... but really... come on!

Okay, my opinion is that he leeched off the club for way too long and was our worst manager ever, he was stupid to take the job (carp on all you like about the board being stupid to appoint him but he''s a grown adult who should have known he was undertaking something that was beyond his skills)His arrogance on telly at the Leeds game implying that Norwich would have been doing just as well had he still been manager was astounding, he later went on to imply the same thing in the EDP some months later.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Not even a legend in my book, not even in top three goalkeepers of Norwich city History, sorry people.[/quote]

Thats fair enough. The likes of Green, Woods, Keelan and Nethercoot to name but a few have all been great goalkeepers so I respect that opinion. But Gunn was also a fantastic goalkeeper in my opinion and it was no coincedence that he played during some of our best times ever as a club.

[/quote]

But does that make him a legend, imo no, legend is used fair too easy.

[quote user="morty"]Okay, my opinion is that he leeched off the club for way too long and was our worst manager ever, he was stupid to take the job (carp on all you like about the board being stupid to appoint him but he''s a grown adult who should have known he was undertaking something that was beyond his skills)

His arrogance on telly at the Leeds game implying that Norwich would have been doing just as well had he still been manager was astounding, he later went on to imply the same thing in the EDP some months later.
[/quote]Ruddy exactly Morty, he''s nowt but a fat, baldy freeloader imho.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Okay, my opinion is that he leeched off the club for way too long and was our worst manager ever, he was stupid to take the job (carp on all you like about the board being stupid to appoint him but he''s a grown adult who should have known he was undertaking something that was beyond his skills)His arrogance on telly at the Leeds game implying that Norwich would have been doing just as well had he still been manager was astounding, he later went on to imply the same thing in the EDP some months later.[/quote]Ruddy exactly Morty, he''s nowt but a fat, baldy freeloader imho.[/quote]I would have had a lot more respect for him had he held his hands up and admit he''d tried his best but it wasn''t good enough. He could have very easily avoided a lot of the backlash if he had just been honest with us and himself.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="morty"]Okay, my opinion is that he leeched off the club for way too long and was our worst manager ever, he was stupid to take the job (carp on all you like about the board being stupid to appoint him but he''s a grown adult who should have known he was undertaking something that was beyond his skills)

His arrogance on telly at the Leeds game implying that Norwich would have been doing just as well had he still been manager was astounding, he later went on to imply the same thing in the EDP some months later.
[/quote]Ruddy exactly Morty, he''s nowt but a fat, baldy freeloader imho.[/quote]

extremely harsh! And i dont feel Gunn was being arrogant more like tying to sound confident. Gunn should never have been given the job agreed and i was one of the few who said it would go pair shaped when he was appointed, but last summer he did make some decent signings that have helped us and i personally feel he has contributed a tiny bit to this title winning team! Anyway back to topic i think he''s a legend and i hope he can be involved within the club again ( just not manager! ) although i feel it probally will never happen

Met Mr Gunn and chatted to him on a number of occasions, seems a decent bloke....

I blame those that made him temporary manager...then made him full-time manager.

When it was blatantly evident that he wasn''t really up for it - when failing to win any of our half a dozen remaining matches in the Championship.

Don''t really blame him....but he should have said ''Sorry, but I''m not up to it - and my best wasn''t good enough''....

Well suited in his present employment though....

[quote user="Stunning volley from Goss"]

[/quote]

Smudger tries to do the managers job from this message board!

[quote user="morty"]Okay, my opinion is that he leeched off the club for way too long and was our worst manager ever, he was stupid to take the job (carp on all you like about the board being stupid to appoint him but he''s a grown adult who should have known he was undertaking something that was beyond his skills)His arrogance on telly at the Leeds game implying that Norwich would have been doing just as well had he still been manager was astounding, he later went on to imply the same thing in the EDP some months later.[/quote]did you expect him to say... "Yeah do you know what? I was rubbish... I should never have taken the job in the first place when I think about it... what was I thinking...?!?! jeeze thank god that''s all over!"Come on now... He had self belief as all sportsmen do. If they didn''t they would never have made it as a professional footballer. Other ex pro''s have gone into management without any previous experience and it''s worked... This time it didn''t. Of course he would have believed he could have turned it round... Evidence suggests otherwise but maybe he would? maybe the penny would have dropped? I am not saying for one min that he would have done but I really don''t think it was arrogance and I don''t think it was astounding that he felt that way. I have to say Morty i am surprised you thought that... you seem like one of the more level headed people on here. On the topic of freeloading... (was it Wiz who mentioned this? It usually is...) I think that is spiteful really. He had to make a living after football and worked at the club... Were Goss, Milligan and all the others freeloading too? Maybe you think they are. I don''t.They were doing a job at the club. I bet you you can''t find a club in the whole league who doesn''t employ former players. It really isn''t uncommon for former players to be employed by their old club as people like dealing with former players... It''s good advertising etc... I haven''t got time to explain it all but hopefully I shouldn''t need to... However... If people deem it freeloading like some people do with lifelong JSA benefits etc then perhaps I do!

I''m not even sure Gunn shares the same passion and love for the club that he once did, on the basis of what I have seen and read from Gunn since he got sacked after Yeovil, he has been very subdued, bitter and upset. He still maintains the believe that he would of got us in the top 6 and clearly feels he wasn''t given a fair chance as manager. So while I agree his sacking was rather harsh I still feel he was only looking out for himself and not the club when he took the job in the summer anyway. 

I doubt anyone would treat him as anything but a Norwich legend. He''s a great guy to talk to and supports the club even since what happened last year. As others have said - what would you expect the guy to have said after it happened. If anything, since his sacking he''s gone up in my estimation for the way he has remained a Norwich fan wanting us to do well. Lesser men would have become bitter and turned away from the club.

Do you think anyone would greet him as a failed manager? The closest you''d get to that would be those who''d greet him then post bile about free loading and leeching on here afterwards.