Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Croft backs his old mates to thrive in Championship...

Who cares what he thinks, the bloke is cr*p and continues to be!I still fail to see how and why he got player of the season?Some one on here must have voted for him, please explain your reasoning why?

Hasn''t started a game for Derby this caldendar year.  Still sighted around Norwich on a Saturday night, needn''t think he can come back here!, somehow don''t think he''d be Lambert''s kind of player anyway.

OK - head above parapet, I voted for him. I think he had skill and pace. The charge levelled against him was that he lacked an ''end product'', but I saw him put plenty of good crosses into the box and felt that the problem often lay with our strikers failing to move into positions to meet those crosses. And no-one could fault his effort or commitment - he would run his legs off when others had long since given up. It was hardly a vintage POTS year, but I don''t regret my vote.  

[quote user="Mazy Run"]OK - head above parapet, I voted for him. I think he had skill and pace. The charge levelled against him was that he lacked an ''end product'', but I saw him put plenty of good crosses into the box and felt that the problem often lay with our strikers failing to move into positions to meet those crosses. And no-one could fault his effort or commitment - he would run his legs off when others had long since given up. It was hardly a vintage POTS year, but I don''t regret my vote.  [/quote]Fair enough, but the amount of crosses he put in didn''t give strikers the opportunity? I really think it was the goal that he scored against the scum got him the votes. He is a very average player. Don''t want him back, alot of better players than him available.

I wonder who is better,Croft or MacMamee?

I''m not sure to be honest but there''s probably not much in it. Macnamee maybe has a better end product but Croft is certainly stronger and has proved himself in the Champs.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m not sure to be honest but there''s probably not much in it. Macnamee maybe has a better end product but Croft is certainly stronger and has proved himself in the Champs.

[/quote]

Proven what?

I love that because a player as played in that division, he becomes a ''proven player''.

Whilst he tried hard and ran his little legs off for us, he was crap! Now hes at Derby and guess what.... hes still crap!

So yes he is proven at that level, proven to be crap!

[quote user="Mazy Run"]OK - head above parapet, I voted for him. I think he had skill and pace. The charge levelled against him was that he lacked an ''end product'', but I saw him put plenty of good crosses into the box and felt that the problem often lay with our strikers failing to move into positions to meet those crosses. And no-one could fault his effort or commitment - he would run his legs off when others had long since given up. It was hardly a vintage POTS year, but I don''t regret my vote.  [/quote]

I think your the 1st person i have actually heard say they voted for him.... the is no way he got the most votes... clingan was our best player by a million miles

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Proven what?

I love that because a player as played in that division, he becomes a ''proven player''.

Whilst he tried hard and ran his little legs off for us, he was crap! Now hes at Derby and guess what.... hes still crap!

So yes he is proven at that level, proven to be crap![/quote]

Have to agree with CDM here.

Croft must have been one of the most undeserving players ever to have won the Barry Butler. I remember it took about 18 months for him to gain '' full fitness '' even when he''d seemingly recovered from injury..... and that''s for a player in his early twenties !

And we all know what happens when players come back to play for us again.....

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Proven what? I love that because a player as played in that division, he becomes a ''proven player''. Whilst he tried hard and ran his little legs off for us, he was crap! Now hes at Derby and guess what.... hes still crap! So yes he is proven at that level, proven to be crap![/quote]

Croft must have been one of the most undeserving players ever to have won the Barry Butler. I remember it took about 18 months for him to gain '' full fitness '' even when he''d seemingly recovered from injury..... and that''s for a player in his early twenties !

[/quote]

Well I agree with you that Croft was nowhere near POS last year. I guess he got it because he scored against the scum. I also didn''t suggest he should come back and play for us again. I simply asked the question who was better out of Croft and McNamee. Now I don''t think that''s as easy to call as two you obviously do. McNamee played 90 odd games for Watford and scored twice, mostly in the Champs but about half a dozen in the Prem. Lee Croft played 118 games for Norwich when we were in the Champs scoring 9 goals.

I still am not sure which of them is better. If it helps you two I will say maybe neither of them are proven in the Champs. I think McNamee has the better end product but Croft is the stronger player.

I thought Clingan also, as did 99% of my NCFC supporting friends... the

whole thing was crooked last year, like the running of our club, i bet

Crofty was blowing Mr Doncaster!

A player who split opinion. Lacked confidence but fast and on his day capable of being brilliant. Problem was that was only 2 or 3 times out of 10. Stupid lad for moving didnt know when he was well off imo. Moved and failed, blotted his copy book here i susspect and probably league 1 if he wants a move. As a gamble though he has age on his side and if nutured by someone like lambert probably could deliver on a more consistent basis

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote] Proven what? I love that because a player as played in that division, he becomes a ''proven player''. Whilst he tried hard and ran his little legs off for us, he was crap! Now hes at Derby and guess what.... hes still crap! So yes he is proven at that level, proven to be crap![/quote]

[/quote]

Well I agree with you that Croft was nowhere near POS last year. I guess he got it because he scored against the scum. I also didn''t suggest he should come back and play for us again. I simply asked the question who was better out of Croft and McNamee. Now I don''t think that''s as easy to call as two you obviously do. McNamee played 90 odd games for Watford and scored twice, mostly in the Champs but about half a dozen in the Prem. Lee Croft played 118 games for Norwich when we were in the Champs scoring 9 goals.

I still am not sure which of them is better. If it helps you two I will say maybe neither of them are proven in the Champs. I think McNamee has the better end product but Croft is the stronger player.

[/quote]OK Nutty I know you didn''t suggest Croft should return to us - I just threw that in to the mix as someone else had mentioned it on this thread - but likewise I didn''t say which of the two I thought is better.Initially it looked like McNamee was going to go down a storm, but, like many players who step up in class he''s been found a bit wanting. I somehow doubt he''s quite got what it takes to be effective in the Championship.Croft was frustrating to watch as on his day he could be very good but unfortunately he had far too few of those days. Had he still been here when the current manager arrived I suspect he would by now have been bench-warming at best.

Well said, just shows you how poor our season was last year when Croft gets player of the season, he only got it on the back of his goal against the scum. Never rated him at all can''t cross and doesnt score enough goals. The fact he can''t get a game at Derby says it all, I was amazed they even signed him to be honest.

"felt that the problem often lay with our strikers failing to move into positions to meet those crosses."

Yeah... but sprinting from the penalty box to the corner flag in a second is beyond even Messi!

One in a very, very long list who thought he could do better somewhere else and was very, very wrong.

It is remarkable over the last 40 years how many acclaimed players have left the club and failed elsewhere.  More than double those who matched or improved their reputations.  For every Sutton there was a Crofy and a Fleck

He''s always back round these parts, his lady lives in Cromer and he''s still good mates with some folk in the team.

I wouldn''t be that keen on taking him back on, but I agree with the poster who said Lambert could maybe bring some better football out of him. What I will say is that he often put in a lot of effort, it was just his technique and crossing ability, or lack of, which let him down. Hasn''t exactly set the world on fire at Derby County either. I think with Lambert nurturing him and stronger competition for a place in the side, he might just be able to do a job.

"it was just his technique and crossing ability, or lack of, which let

him down"Says it all for a professional footballer playing on the wing I thought at times he was embarrassing. Even Mark Rivers was better than him! Ok he put the effort in, but then so do I for my pub team, doesn''t make me any good!