Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Holt out for the rest of the season

[quote user="Duffman"]So that guy the other day on here was telling the truth.

Cant find the thread though.......[/quote]Yeah It was in the thread about the player of the season dinner.Trouble is for every rumour posted on here that comes true there are about 492 that don''t lol.

A remember hearing rumours about this as far back as January. In particular he looked like he was feeling that ankle when we played away at Wycombe. Which is another reason why he is my player of the season. He is a great team man who is willingly to put his body on the line for cause. The spirit of players like Holt and Nelson (who quite literally puts his head in where it hurts) is going to be crucial next season in a division where confidence and team unity is the only difference between many teams in the league.

As has been said above it makes no sense for him to play in the next two games now. Get the operation sorted and that will give him more time to recover for the start of next season. In a perverse kind of way this injury might also be really good news. He has scored 30 goals this season when he arguably was''nt fully fit. Could he be even better when isn''t carrying something! Here''s hoping!

I suspect this also rules out any thoughts of a points deduction by the Col Who tribunal as if there was any likelyhood one would have thought this would have been delayed another few days.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I suspect this also rules out any thoughts of a points deduction by the Col Who tribunal as if there was any likelyhood one would have thought this would have been delayed another few days.[/quote]Lol, bit of a conclusion to jump to isn''t it?If his ankle has got to the stage where he can no longer play effectively then he wouldn''t be a lot of use anyway.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]I suspect this also rules out any thoughts of a points deduction by the Col Who tribunal as if there was any likelyhood one would have thought this would have been delayed another few days.[/quote]

I doubt it. If they were to dock us points it would have to be an amount which ensures that we drop into the playoffs otherwise it would be regarded as a joke. So how many points we got from here on in would have been irrelevent anyway. But as I have said before, if that happens I will try to do the crossbar challenge at Carrow Road naked next season.

Had a chat with a member of the first team coaching staff at the Capital Canaries christmas meal after the Hartlepool game, won''t say who cos I don''t wanna get anyone in trouble, but he was basically saying that Holt has had the ankle injury since the start of the season and has never been 100% but has battled his way through it. I asked if his three match ban would be sufficient for him to rest it and be fully fit and the answer was no, it needed surgery and he''d have it during the summer and play through the pain.

Score 30 goals, and play all season with an injury!!

A no-brainer of a decision from Lambert. Though this may scupper Holty''s chances of making the England squad in time!In all seriousness, what a player and what a season. If anyone deserves a bit of a rest, it''s certainly him.

proves why he should be player of the season, 30 goals whilst playing through pain, all for the norwich city cause. its great to finally have players with such passion and committment to the club. heres hoping for a fully fit holt next season to flourish and to help us mount a promotion challenge!