Sign in to follow this  
dezmondo18

Rangers want forster?

Load of bs I reckon but here''s link

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/rangers_set_to_fight_norwich_for_forster_522856/index.shtml

Load of BS for sure.

That''s random. It doesn''t say when Rangers have mentioned their interest, only that because he had a trial with them there''s a link.

The rest of the piece is about his dad talking about him possibly staying at Norwich and how the loan move initially came about.

There is no doubt Rangers are a much bigger draw than us as a club but would he be guaranteed football ahead of Allan McGregor, a full Scottish international? He would definitely be pushing for a starting place as he is certainly good enough but we can offer him certain first team football. Plus he knows the crowd love him here. One or two shaky games (unlikely but football is weird) and the crowd up there could get on his back. Fingers crossed! He is has been immense this season.

The Scottish Prem is such a poor league though. A young English player would be much better off playing regularly in the Champs. IMO the problem with playing for or managing Celtic or Rangers is that if you win the league it''s pretty much what''s expected of you. But if you come second you''re probably "not fit to wear the shirt".

Whilst the Scots league is poorer, Rangers will have Champions League football for next season at least. Plus it''s a lot closer to his family than Norfolk. If they were serious, I can''t exactly say I''d turn it down if I was in his shoes. Obviously his desire is to play for Newcastle and it would make sense to stay in the English divisions where the competition is a lot more fierce, but in terms of practicality for him it''s certainly not the most unattractive of prospects.

[quote user="Superflash"]Whilst the Scots league is poorer, Rangers will have Champions League football for next season at least. Plus it''s a lot closer to his family than Norfolk. If they were serious, I can''t exactly say I''d turn it down if I was in his shoes. Obviously his desire is to play for Newcastle and it would make sense to stay in the English divisions where the competition is a lot more fierce, but in terms of practicality for him it''s certainly not the most unattractive of prospects.
[/quote]

Champions league? ..So what! Didnt turn Lamberst head did it!

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]

[quote user="Superflash"]Whilst the Scots league is poorer, Rangers will have Champions League football for next season at least. Plus it''s a lot closer to his family than Norfolk. If they were serious, I can''t exactly say I''d turn it down if I was in his shoes. Obviously his desire is to play for Newcastle and it would make sense to stay in the English divisions where the competition is a lot more fierce, but in terms of practicality for him it''s certainly not the most unattractive of prospects. [/quote]

[/quote]Maybe because CELTIC will do well to even qualify for it, much less stand a chance in the group stages. Who''s to say Lambert won''t manage in the Champions League one day? And this is a young player we are talking about, not a manager. Getting some Champions League football under his belt at an early age could serve as good character building. I should point out that I don''t WANT Forster to go there, I''d be delighted to have him stay with us for another season, absolutely. He''s my player of the season. But from his point of view, if I were in his shoes, all bias towards Norwich aside, I''d seriously think about it.

[quote user="Eadienhucks"]

[quote user="Superflash"]Whilst the Scots league is poorer, Rangers will have Champions League football for next season at least. Plus it''s a lot closer to his family than Norfolk. If they were serious, I can''t exactly say I''d turn it down if I was in his shoes. Obviously his desire is to play for Newcastle and it would make sense to stay in the English divisions where the competition is a lot more fierce, but in terms of practicality for him it''s certainly not the most unattractive of prospects.
[/quote]

[/quote]

And not to mention, Flybe have regular flights to both Newcastle and Glasgow from Norwich both aroung 60 minutes,

so end of argument .

[quote user="pete_norw"][quote user="Eadienhucks"]

[quote user="Superflash"]Whilst the Scots league is poorer, Rangers will have Champions League football for next season at least. Plus it''s a lot closer to his family than Norfolk. If they were serious, I can''t exactly say I''d turn it down if I was in his shoes. Obviously his desire is to play for Newcastle and it would make sense to stay in the English divisions where the competition is a lot more fierce, but in terms of practicality for him it''s certainly not the most unattractive of prospects. [/quote]

[/quote]

And not to mention, Flybe have regular flights to both Newcastle and Glasgow from Norwich both aroung 60 minutes,

so end of argument .

[/quote]Let''s just hope no ash clouds have say in the matter then!From a career perspective, Rangers is hardly the worst place for him to go at this stage and dare I say it, but in the grander scheme of things his future could even be much more secure at Rangers, whereas at Norwich it''s more up in the air simply due to the unpredictable nature of Championship football. Again, I wouldn''t wish him to turn us down for a second, but it surprises me that people can''t see the potential benefit of him joining a club like Rangers, so long as he get first team football or at least given the right to be in firm contention for a starting place where they have a system of rotating their goalkeepers around.