Sign in to follow this  
First Jedi

Who DID you vote for Player of the Season

So many players deserve to win this award what a refreshing change! However it has to be Grant Holt for me. Goals, leadership, hard work and hold up play in spadefuls. Forster second and then Wes for me. But anyone mentioned would be a fine choice (apart from Theoklitos of course!)

I left it until we became champions and I chose Forster.1 or 2 bad games all season. The rest of the games he''s played, he has been stupendous!

Holt 10

Forster 14

Doc 3

Russell 1

Hoolahan 3

Well... it looked like Holt was odds on, but a rush of Forsterfans has storm him into the lead. Surprised that Hoolahan hasn''t got more - a lot more!

Cheers all - and keep them coming!

[quote user="First Jedi"]Holt 10 Forster 14 Doc 3 Russell 1 Hoolahan 3 Well... it looked like Holt was odds on, but a rush of Forsterfans has storm him into the lead. Surprised that Hoolahan hasn''t got more - a lot more! Cheers all - and keep them coming![/quote]

My vote for Russell looks silly now [:$] But I only voted for him becasue I thought Holt would win by a landslide. And he''s been an unsung hero.

Clearly a late surge of voters for Forster after the last two games, still think Wes will get 2nd though.

"Clearly a late surge of voters for Forster after the last two games, still think Wes will get 2nd though."

Ahead of Holt? shame really - he''d be my #2 behind Holt... he deserves the recognition.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"Clearly a late surge of voters for Forster after the last two games, still think Wes will get 2nd though." Ahead of Holt? shame really - he''d be my #2 behind Holt... he deserves the recognition.[/quote]

No, I meant I think it will be Holt 1st, Wes 2nd, Forster 3rd.

Maybe a little trophy will persuade Forster to stay [:P]

Hoolahan, Holt, Forster in that order. Really hard choice. Wouldn''t mind if Holt won it because he looks so commited whereas Hoolahan less so and Forster even if he is a loanee he is insane. My favourite players are Martin and Smith thought. Just don''t think they have been consistent enough.

Wes Hoolahan, as has been said teams have designed game plans to stop him playing, which speaks volumes. Created some many of the chances for holt/martin and the like.

second very close holt

third forster.

Forster got my vote.

It''d be interesting to know how many points Forster saved us compared to how many points were won by a Holt winning goal.

I know there''s plenty of variables that go into the decision but it would be interesting if it was possible to gauge.

I voted for Grant Holt, then the fat knobhead got himself booked and missed two potentially crucial games.  If I could vote again it would be for Fraser Forster, we wouldn''t be champions without his heroics in goal.

The most difficult season for choosing but for me it has to be Holt.

Despite what others have said we do miss him when he''s not in the side but he does need a couple of games to get match fit when he''s been out.

Great leadership, great goals. Holt 100%

Forster.  1 mistake all season and probably won us 6 or 7 games.  We would be fighting for 5th or 6th place with a bog standard 3rd division keeper