Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Top of the Terrace & The Gunn club

I''ve got myself and the family booked in for a meal in there for the Carlisle game, just wondering what it is like as an experience from people that have been in there before? food, atmosphere ect and do we watch the game from behind the glass or out infront?

Also we''re allowed in the Gunn club after the match, whats that like? any players head in there after the games?

I''ve sat in Top of the Terrace twice this season (Charton & Swindon) I''ve only had the carvery but its very good.  You sit behind the glass between the lower & upper Barclay.  There is no atmosphere to speak of, both times we sat there in near total silence & you cant hear the crowd very clear due to the double glazing!  The seats really are not comfortable either.

Not been in the Gunn club so can''t comment.

Hope this helps.

Hi DDD, not been at the tops of the terrace so cannot comment, The Gunn club is ok, lots of people will be in there post game (,you will see the Man of the match presentation and interview which is good, quite a few of the players pop in and I suspect that they will all go in as last game of the season! Along with any other VIPs that have been invited. Bar will be very busy so expect a long wait for drinks

Get in as early as you can though as it get very full and has at times operated a one in one out policy.

Hope you and the family have a great day out and enjoy what should be fantastic party atmosphere!

Thanks for the help guys, I did indeed used to live in Toftwood in Dereham but only till about the age of 5 when we moved to Australia then lived in Oxford, back to Oz then Down here to Devon at the age of 11

I used to live in toftwood til i was 8, not that i''m trying to jump on the bandwagon haha!!

So both you and Dogger hail from Toftwood, You are not who I thought you were DDD and I would not be able to recall any school friends that long ago but small world !

Anyway , i presume you are travelling up for the game from Devon so have a good one !

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Hi DDD, not been at the tops of the terrace so cannot comment, The Gunn club is ok, lots of people will be in there post game (,you will see the Man of the match presentation and interview which is good, quite a few of the players pop in and I suspect that they will all go in as last game of the season! Along with any other VIPs that have been invited. Bar will be very busy so expect a long wait for drinks

Get in as early as you can though as it get very full and has at times operated a one in one out policy.

Hope you and the family have a great day out and enjoy what should be fantastic party atmosphere!

[/quote]

Thanks from me for that info Charlie. Like DDD I will be in the top of the terrace for the first time v Carlisle. The club told me about getting in the Gun Club for free 20 minutes after the match finishes so long as it''s not full or I could pay £15 to guarantee entry. There will be 3 of us so I don''t really want to stump up £45 if I don''t need to. As the Championship trophy will be presented on the pitch after the game I would assume that would take longer than 20 minutes so I''m going to watch that then go for it. Hopefully I can make it in before it gets full.

Was in the tott for the southampton game. Was the first and definately the last time I will be watching a game in there. Unfortunately there is absolutely no atmosphere in there, you could actually here a pin drop! Nice viewing level but a very strange live football experience being behind the glass & with no sound.I did say at the time though It may be well suited to families/ old people so if your taking the family it may be ok