Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Guess who Middlesborough are getting rid of in the summer...

Just read that boro are getting rid of Leroy Lita in the summer in a mass clearout. I reckon we''ll have a chance of signing him but I think Lambert is looking for his own players.

But maybe, just maybe.

If not we could always go for Chris Killen [;)]

I think Lambo will be going for young, hungry players from lower levels as opposed to older, ''been there and done it'' players like Lita who will think they are bigger than the team. I reckon the players brought in will be of the Oli Johnson mould, with not many people knowing much about them...

We might be falling into the trap of judging him from his time at Norwich, when he was brilliant of course. But by all accounts, all the other teans he''s played for in the last few years have not got the best out of him for some reason. Still - it might be worth  a shot.

He hasn''t scored as many goals as I thought he would''ve done this season. To be honest, his wages would be to high and I just don''t think he''d be hungry enough.

[quote user="bristol_canary"]Leroy Lita is not exactly "old" is he?[/quote]He nicely fits the category of "Big time Charlie looking for an easy ride at the Costa Del Norwich" though.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bristol_canary"]Leroy Lita is not exactly "old" is he?
[/quote]

He nicely fits the category of "Big time Charlie looking for an easy ride at the Costa Del Norwich" though.
[/quote]

Yeah, just someone who has somewhat ''done the rounds'' and may not be as hungry as someone up and coming with something to prove.

[quote user="RonDavies"]We might be falling into the trap of judging him from his time at Norwich, when he was brilliant of course. But by all accounts, all the other teans he''s played for in the last few years have not got the best out of him for some reason. Still - it might be worth  a shot.[/quote]Being fair to him, Middlesbrough haven''t been a high scoring team this season, and aren''t exactly playing attacking football. So far this season they''ve only scored more than 2 goals in 6 games, the rest of the games it''s been either 1 or 2 goals. They''ve also suffered from the loss of their best players for this season in Downing, Tuncay, Huth and Johnson, and seeing as how Strachan has pretty much decided to fill Boro with Scottish players, they''ve not exactly set the league alight.We know he''s a quality player from his time here, and if it comes down to whether or not a manager can get the best out of him, I''d suggest that Lambert is as good at this as anyone.Even if wages were fairly high, it''d probably be worth it for a striker who''s been a proven goalscorer at the top level, and isn''t costing us a transfer fee.I''d certainly welcome him with open arms.Grounds would also be worth a look as well depending on wages.

[quote user="NCFC91"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="bristol_canary"]Leroy Lita is not exactly "old" is he?[/quote]He nicely fits the category of "Big time Charlie looking for an easy ride at the Costa Del Norwich" though.[/quote]

Yeah, just someone who has somewhat ''done the rounds'' and may not be as hungry as someone up and coming with something to prove.

[/quote]Eggzackly.[Y]

[quote user="NCFC91"]Yeah, just someone who has somewhat ''done the rounds'' and may not be as hungry as someone up and coming with something to prove.[/quote]I''d rather take someone who has ''done the rounds'' and proven their ability at the top level, than someone who hasn''t proven this.It''s one thing to take a punt on someone like Cody who cost virtually nothing and we can take our time with, but if we''re genuinely looking to improve our squad we need to be looking at more experienced players who have got the ability to perform when asked.Like I said previously, if it just comes down to motivation, I''d put my trust in Lambert to get it right.

He scored 7 goals in 16 games for us in a shit team with no confidence fighting relegation. he''s 25 only 1 and a half years older than cody..Also his england under 21 record was 6 goals in 9 games....yea he''s arrogant but so are most quality footballers i would love to see him here again!

can everyone stop going on about the 2008/09 squad leavers returning. none of them ever deserve to play for norwich again. case closed.

I would welcome him here without a shadow of a doubt.  Yes he''s big headed, been there done that and he might think he is bigger than Norwich.  However if there is one man who can make him click it is Lambert and he would definately score goals.

Despite saying this though I don''t think he would want to come here and I don''t think he is the type of player Lambert will want.

Agree with Indy''s point about Boro''s problems this season, in that respect Lita hasn''t done a bad job really. Plus, he was probably getting settled again after a season of in-difference last season where one minute he was on loan to us and the next he was back on the Reading bench as they screwed up their promotion push.Lita''s time at the club wasn''t bad, I think if he''d have stayed we may even have stayed in the division. By all accounts he''s matured a bit as a player since then too. But, I still think younger and hungrier players are the way to go, as Lambert showed can work with his current squad, not just from a playing point of view but also with wages.

I agree with Indy. I would love Lita here. The problem would obviously be his wages which I believe were paid by Carl Moore (the bloke who got us Hucks) while he was here. However the fact people are saying he isnt up to it I find laughable. He showed his quality with us. He scared the **** out of Wolves in that 5-2 and they went on to win the league by country mile. He has pace and power which would compliment our current options well as Martin''s game relies more subtly and intelligence.

I think it is also a bit harsh to say he would just be looking for a last payday as well. He is only 25 so needs to perform well as he would surely like to earn about 2 or 3 more decent professional contracts yet.  I think his performances whilst on loan said a lot about him too. He was our top scorer despite spending only 3 months with us. He could easily have hung around in the Reading reserves or looked disinterested like Sibierski. But credit to him he rolled up his sleeves and was a massive highlight in what was a hopeless season.

There are similiarities between Lita and Darren Huckerby. Huckerby, like Lita, was a highly skilled player who had ended up drifting from club to club with none of them seeming able to harness his talent. Then he came to Carrow Road - and everything clicked. It was just a question of him finding the right club. Lita played his best football of the last few years while at Carrow Road - is it too far fetched to suggest that maybe City bring the best out of Lita just as they did with Hucks? Maybe he thrives in front of big crowds?

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]

I agree with Indy. I would love Lita here. The problem would obviously be his wages which I believe were paid by Carl Moore (the bloke who got us Hucks) while he was here. However the fact people are saying he isnt up to it I find laughable. He showed his quality with us. He scared the **** out of Wolves in that 5-2 and they went on to win the league by country mile. He has pace and power which would compliment our current options well as Martin''s game relies more subtly and intelligence.

I think it is also a bit harsh to say he would just be looking for a last payday as well. He is only 25 so needs to perform well as he would surely like to earn about 2 or 3 more decent professional contracts yet.  I think his performances whilst on loan said a lot about him too. He was our top scorer despite spending only 3 months with us. He could easily have hung around in the Reading reserves or looked disinterested like Sibierski. But credit to him he rolled up his sleeves and was a massive highlight in what was a hopeless season.

[/quote]

That''s how I saw it. He gave us everything when he was here and contributed much more than his goals alone. He had an awareness of what was going on around him in a similar way to Grant Holt this season. And he should have got an assist for telling the ref about that scummer bleeding (or bleeding scummer) so that he was told to get oiff the field of play. That indirectly led to Pattisons goal after the Doc won his header.

Mind you Holt and Lita in the same team would give the ref a headache[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

That''s how I saw it. He gave us everything when he was here and contributed much more than his goals alone.

[/quote]Agree.Never had cause to question his contribution, unlike 90% of Roeder''s loans.Then again, I was actually going to games and seeing first hand his work ethic over 90 minutes....so what do I know?

Steve Morrison and jimmy abdou from Millwall would be good purchases close season............the wages wont be high but from what i seen of them both,there hungry and both very good at there jobs.

Lita, like Ched Evans at Sheff Utd has seen his career stagnate this season.

He briefly reminded people what he was all about and what he was capable of last season with us, if we could get him back here and he could show that again, then hell yes, I''d take him back.

We''ll need players to hit the ground running next season, they can''t all be about potential and hunger, else we''ll struggle.

Can''t see it happening, but Lita and Holt as an attacking combo, with Martin coming in as a supporting striker from wide, yep, tasty!

I would be happy with a player like Leroy Lita but like its been said im not sure if he would be hungry enough to suit Paul Lamberts needs.... but you never know.

[quote user="RonDavies"]There are similiarities between Lita and Darren Huckerby. Huckerby, like Lita, was a highly skilled player who had ended up drifting from club to club with none of them seeming able to harness his talent. Then he came to Carrow Road - and everything clicked. It was just a question of him finding the right club. Lita played his best football of the last few years while at Carrow Road - is it too far fetched to suggest that maybe City bring the best out of Lita just as they did with Hucks? Maybe he thrives in front of big crowds?[/quote]

I''m with you on this one Ron; Lita is quality but patchy with different managers. Lambert would ignite him I reckon! Holt & Lita with Chris Martin wide sounds good to me. Lita running on to Hoolahan''s through-balls - even better!

Lita for me, no doubt.

From what I remember he stated many times how he loved it here and was particularly friendly with Delia - not in a biblical sense you understand!

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]ffs everyone stop goin on about Lita, what would we pay his 20k a week wages with? money from our magic money tree?[/quote]Are you saying, as an exclusive, that we now have a magic money tree?[:P]