Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

Minimum games for a medal......

Does anyone know if there is a minimum amount of league games that a player has had to play in order to get a winners medal?

Just wondered for players like Tom Adeyemi, Mcveigh, Macnamee, Rose etc

[quote user="I am a Banana"]10 i think, may be wrogn though.[/quote]

Does it matter how many they play, they are squad members and I think all the first team squad get them  

i think it is 10 apps overall and also there are some spare to be given out at the clubs discretion. i.e Declan Rudd has been on the bench for most of the season and also played seven games. I am sure he will get a medal. McVeigh has a total of 10 apps already in all comps.

I thought it was 12 and thus why Rose is in for Jukebox and Adeyemi to get an appearance in last two.

[quote user="NC"]I thought it was 12 and thus why Rose is in for Jukebox and Adeyemi to get an appearance in last two.[/quote]

Yeah think you are correct. 10 is the minimum for the PL, but they play less games overall. Also the club can request extra medals for players (but have to pay for them).

Lambert mentioned than he "may let his guard down" when it comes to certain players getting enough performances to earn medals.

Unless it''s changed in the last 5/6 years or so, I distinctly remeber Paul Crichton being awarded a medal back in the promotion of ''04, despite not playing a single minute of the season.

I''m not sure if there really is a concrete rule attached to apps anymore?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="NC"]I thought it was 12 and thus why Rose is in for Jukebox and Adeyemi to get an appearance in last two.[/quote]

Yeah think you are correct. 10 is the minimum for the PL, but they play less games overall. Also the club can request extra medals for players (but have to pay for them).

Lambert mentioned than he "may let his guard down" when it comes to certain players getting enough performances to earn medals.

[/quote]

Can you point me to that quote by Lambert please?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Can you point me to that quote by Lambert please?

[/quote]

It was buried at the bottom of the story about Holt''s surgery, which now isn''t on the website. Try this though http://bit.ly/dmf0xo that was the link on twitter and might still work.

i remember when arsenal won the PL a few years back and three of their ''keepers got a medal as they all made over 10 apps, the first and only time this has happened i believe...

League rules state that the club will receive 23 winner’s medals, 18 of which are for players. City will decide who receives a medal, but they can request extra ones, as long as the players have made 11 appearances.