Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Scapegoat of the Season

Doc''s nose, N Luton, and Barclay, did you not see the smiley face winking that accompanied my comment?

As for Doherty being the scapegoat, one person responded sarcasticly that he was responsible for every goal against. Au contraire, mon frere. According to several people who frequent the discussions, he was not responsible for even 1 goal this season.

I choose the referees, without whose blind incompetence we would have been champions several weeks ahead of time.

[quote user="king canary"]Where I sit it has to be Russel Martin. The guy behind me hates him, as soon as he gets the ball he is telling everybody how rubbish he is. Amusingly he missed the team sheet against Gillingham and as soon as Spillane picked up the ball ''look its Martin he hasn''t got a bloody clue what to do with it'' at which point I had to turn round and tell him it was in fact Micahel Spillane. No comments after that.[/quote]haha I do have to point out that I have not yet muddled up Mr Lappin and Mr McNamee - despite the role reversal in standard of performances over the last couple of weeks or so... [;)]

I''d have to go for Chris Martin.While Doc and Nelson have taken a lot of stick because of their slightly clumsy styles, Martin is a young player with great skill and potential who will never be given his due credit by a sizeable part of the crowd because was a bit of an arse as a teenager.

Russell Martin would be another contender, a player who is often villified yet has been pretty solid throughout.

Mister chops, I take it you did the VLM? how did it go? I also did it, very tough.Sorry for getting off the subject. 

[quote user="Beauseant"]

I''d have to go for Chris Martin.While Doc and Nelson have taken a lot of stick because of their slightly clumsy styles, Martin is a young player with great skill and potential who will never be given his due credit by a sizeable part of the crowd because was a bit of an arse as a teenager.

Russell Martin would be another contender, a player who is often villified yet has been pretty solid throughout.

[/quote]

The Russell Martin thing is just ridiculous when you consider he''s only been here in the good times - as we were rising to the top of the league and then staying top of the league to win it.

With other players people can point a finger (usually incorrectly) at things in the past that haven''t gone well for that particular player.

But even though R Martin has only been part of a successful team and even though he''s been brought in by Paul Lambert after they worked together at another club people seem to think he''s not up to it/been letting us down.

Like I said...it''s ridiculous. They should read between the lines, the lad is here to stay.