Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Scapegoat of the Season

Everyone''s talking about the POTS so why not the SOTS?

R. Martin - Always targeted on this message board as a poor player who should be dropped for Spillane even though showing consistant performances throughout his time here.

Nelson - Always labelled as a "League One defender only" whilst being easily our best player for weeks (only Forster could contend).

McNamee - Has a couple of poor performances and all of a sudden he is crap. He has had more good performances than bad ones.

C. Martin - Just because he doesn''t have the same workrate as Holt he is labelled lazy and a weak link whilst scoring over 20 goals and is by far the best finisher at the club.

Lappin - Fair dues he had a lull in form in the new year but his commitment and workrate for the club is unquestionable and he is getting back to his early season form. Even his shooting is getting better. [:O]

My vote''s for R. Martin

MIchael Theoklitos.  Maligned as the worst goalkeeper we ever had, whereas actually he might have been the catalyst for the best manager we''ve had for years.

Scapegoat suggests we had a poor season?

Can someone point out how going up as champions is poor?

Jesus Christ some people thrive on being negative don''t they?

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]Scapegoat suggests we had a poor season?[/quote]No it doesn''t, it suggests there''s a player who is subject to unfair criticism.I was going to suggest the Doc but then I remembered every goal we''ve conceded this year was his fault.

Scapegoat suggests we had a poor season?

It was our lowest finish in 50 years!

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Scapegoat suggests we had a poor season?

It was our lowest finish in 50 years![/quote]Haha, fair point Houston. [Y]

To be fair though scapegoat is a term commonly thought to imply that broad criticism for some collective failure is re-directed towards an individual.For the first time in awhile there hasn''t been much of a "collective" failiure to speak of though, hence no scapegoat.[:D]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]Scapegoat suggests we had a poor season?[/quote]No it doesn''t, it suggests there''s a player who is subject to unfair criticism.[/quote]Chops. I expect better of you! *tut tut*

Houston your arguememt is flawed.

Our lowest finish in 50 years has to do with the fact we were relegated. NEver mind historic information it''s about the here and now and we''ve had the highest possible finish this season.

I think my question has been answered! People do thrive on negativity!

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]Houston your arguememt is flawed. Our lowest finish in 50 years has to do with the fact we were relegated. NEver mind historic information it''s about the here and now and we''ve had the highest possible finish this season. I think my question has been answered! People do thrive on negativity![/quote]

This thread was meant to be a light-hearted joke about the players who have been attacked on this board unfairly, obviously some people got the wrong end of the stick.

Docs nose, I''m all for a laugh and a joke but this was anything but. Call me old fashioned but I don''t see the funny side of trying to find a scapegoat of a title winning side.

I guess for humours sake we could ask who the scapegoat is for Leeds demise. That would be the light hearted and jokey thread you''ve been looking for.

[quote user="Norfolk Lutonian "]Houston your arguememt is flawed.

Our lowest finish in 50 years has to do with the fact we were relegated. NEver mind historic information it''s about the here and now and we''ve had the highest possible finish this season.

I think my question has been answered! People do thrive on negativity![/quote]He was taking the pee.

I think Chrissy Martin wins this one hands down, he''s been immense, scored 20+ goals and yet has still had an almost weekly thread devoted to his short-comings...Nelson has been outstanding in recent months, but I still worry about his ability to step up to the Champs.  The thing is that he''s now played himself into the position where he at least has to be given a chance, whereas previously he was likely to have been benched from the off (imo).

Where I sit it has to be Russel Martin. The guy behind me hates him, as soon as he gets the ball he is telling everybody how rubbish he is. Amusingly he missed the team sheet against Gillingham and as soon as Spillane picked up the ball ''look its Martin he hasn''t got a bloody clue what to do with it'' at which point I had to turn round and tell him it was in fact Micahel Spillane. No comments after that.

Whitbread, Doc, Nelson, R.Martin, Mcveigh, Rose all had their critics this season!!!

Overall, i feel Nelson has been the biggest scapegoat though. (Where did that term originate from??)

[quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

Whitbread, Doc, Nelson, R.Martin, Mcveigh, Rose all had their critics this season!!!

Overall, i feel Nelson has been the biggest scapegoat though. (Where did that term originate from??)

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoating

[quote user="morty"][quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

[/quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoating
[/quote]

Cheers Mortypedia!!!!![Y]

[quote user="World Cup Dogger "][quote user="morty"][quote user="World Cup Dogger "]

[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scapegoating[/quote]

Cheers Mortypedia!!!!![Y]

[/quote][:D]

Smudger for me. Always gives 110% with his trolling and wind ups yet never gets the recognition he deserves.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Scapegoat suggests we had a poor season? Can someone point out how going up as champions is poor? Jesus Christ some people thrive on being negative don''t they? It was our lowest finish in 50 years![/quote]

Lowest in 50 years? I would wager 7/8  sides in this league wouldve more than hold their own in any 2nd tier league in the past 50 years! ..Its the strongest 3rd tier ever and we walked it!!!!

The whole team!!!! we should of had the league sown up by christmas its an absolute disgrace....sack them all...board, players and the management team!!!!!![:|]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]The whole team!!!! we should of had the league sown up by christmas its an absolute disgrace....sack them all...board, players and the management team!!!!!![:|][/quote]I blame Delia.[:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="city-till-i-die"]The whole team!!!! we should of had the league sown up by christmas its an absolute disgrace....sack them all...board, players and the management team!!!!!![:|][/quote]

I blame Delia.

[:)]
[/quote]

I blame Cluck......