Sign in to follow this  
Mason 47

Does this mean Doc will lift the trophy...?

With Holt out for the last two games, does this mean that Doherty will lift the trophy against Carlisle?

As far as I remember, he''s currently the vice-captain so presumably would be captain if he''s playing.

Would be a long way from training with the youth team if so!

or they could lift it together i guess. will the trophy be presented before or after the game, i hope it is after although if people are intending to run on the pitch, not going to call it an invasion after last time, after the final whistle would they be able to do it?

The article on the Main Site ends:But the surgery will not prevent City''s captain lifting that League One

trophy aloft on the last day of the season: "He''ll be there with the

rest of the group," confirmed Lambert.

Can''t be too specific Brendo because I forget what I read yesterday, but he''s having some sort of surgery on one of his legs, I think. nothing too major, though, if I remember correctly.

Holt will lift the trophy. He is our captain and the ceremony will take place after the game where the entire squad (those that have accrued enough games) will be presented with their winners medals, playing or not.

Source - common sense.

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]or they could lift it together i guess. will the trophy be presented before or after the game, i hope it is after although if people are intending to run on the pitch, not going to call it an invasion after last time, after the final whistle would they be able to do it?[/quote]Of course they would be able to do it and of course they will do it regardless of how many fans wanted to run on to the pitch.It didn''t stop Lambert and the team coming out to celebrate with the fans (as predicted) last week did it?  It didn''t even stop the play-off trophy being presented when a couple of thousand Brummies entered the pitch in 2002 and nor should it either!

[quote user="Smudger"]Of course they would be able to do it and of course they will do it regardless of how many fans wanted to run on to the pitch.

It didn''t stop Lambert and the team coming out to celebrate with the fans (as predicted) last week did it?  It didn''t even stop the play-off trophy being presented when a couple of thousand Brummies entered the pitch in 2002 and nor should it either!
[/quote]Why would they want to run on the pitch to celebrate winning this tinpot crappy league that we shouldn''t be in in the first place smudger? [:^)][:S]

[quote user="Salford City YELLOW"]Holt will lift the trophy. He is our captain and the ceremony will take place after the game where the entire squad (those that have accrued enough games) will be presented with their winners medals, playing or not. Source - common sense.[/quote]New source-Paul Lambert.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]Of course they would be able to do it and of course they will do it regardless of how many fans wanted to run on to the pitch.It didn''t stop Lambert and the team coming out to celebrate with the fans (as predicted) last week did it?  It didn''t even stop the play-off trophy being presented when a couple of thousand Brummies entered the pitch in 2002 and nor should it either![/quote]Why would they want to run on the pitch to celebrate winning this tinpot crappy league that we shouldn''t be in in the first place smudger? [:^)][:S][/quote]I have no idea Lapp... why not ask them??? [:|]