Sign in to follow this  
tricky974

Who will replace Forster?

Who will replace Forster? He has been fantastic this season and a major contributor to us being champions with Newcastle being promoted will they keep him or sell him? Do we get first option?

If there is no chance of keeping him can we get Kasper Schmeichel i know that Derby are after him any ideas on keepers?

No I think its imperative we try and get forster back for another season.

If we can''t owain fon Williams would be a good bet. OR that lad Brentford had this season

I''ve been away for a few days and I don''t know if this has done the rounds or not yet but...

I''ve heard that Newcastle are signing a well known and established Premier League and international goalkeeper.

This might already be going around/might be old news so you''ll know who I''m talking about it *but I''ve heard it from someone in the game.

Could this increase our chances of getting Fraser again? You''d think so.

*if you''ve read my posts on here you''ll know I rarely (if ever before now) post rumours etc etc but I thought I''d post this one because, as mentioned, I''ve heard it from someone in football.

I think if Forster goes anywhere on loan next year it will be to us - otherwise it will be because either he or Newcastle have wanted him on the bench in the Prem

If Newcastle do sign another keeper then I think Forster may even be sold - whether we could afford him is another matter

If we have to change then Lee Camp for me every time.  Hannehman also should Wolves get rid

I''d suggest that Forster will be replaced by...ForsterDespite his excellent season for us, it appears that Krul is still viewed as being Newcastle''s number 2 for the near future, and both Newcastle and Fraser would much rather have him play another year in the Championship, than purely sat in the reserves or benchwarming.They''ve also made it clear that they have no intention of selling, and therefore a fresh loan looks more and more likely.Unless a prem club came in with an offer of first team football, then I can''t see what any of the other Championship sides can really offer that we can''t, in fact most would offer far less in terms of stadium, support, facilities and management/training. I suppose if being totally critical, the only area other clubs can really compete in is in regards to finances, and unless it was being suggested as silly money per week on loan, I''d guess that we''d pay a fair wage to have Fraser here for another year.As it stands I genuinely can''t see why he wouldn''t be here next season, short of a serious injury to either Harper or Krul.

[quote user="GJP"]

I''ve been away for a few days and I don''t know if this has done the rounds or not yet but...

I''ve heard that Newcastle are signing a well known and established Premier League and international goalkeeper.

This might already be going around/might be old news so you''ll know who I''m talking about it *but I''ve heard it from someone in the game.

*if you''ve read my posts on here you''ll know I rarely (if ever before now) post rumours etc etc but I thought I''d post this one because, as mentioned, I''ve heard it from someone in football.

[/quote]You''d put a few quid on that being David James........Pompey NEED to sell. sell, sell, or they''re going to be in some SERIOUS doo-doo..........

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

You''d put a few quid on that being David James........

Pompey NEED to sell. sell, sell, or they''re going to be in some SERIOUS doo-doo..........
[/quote]

Pretty safe bet.

I know of this aussie keeper who is available, maybe we should give him a chance..........

I think it''s a pretty good bet that Fraser will be back with us on loan next season. He wants to come back, he has no interest in being on Newcastle''s bench and he''s not going to get regular games with them being re-promoted. If there''s any team he goes on loan to next season it will be us and i''d expect that deal to be sorted sooner in pre-season than later.