Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

GRANT HOLT SHOPPING

Saw holty and his missus in Primark today on crutches. why was he shopping in there ,1 hour later saw him again in Zarra surley not skint wished him all the best for next year top bloke

[quote user="Hucks6"]Saw holty and his missus in Primark today on crutches. why was he shopping in there ,1 hour later saw him again in Zarra surley not skint wished him all the best for next year top bloke
[/quote]

Bl00dy terrible luck that, the both of them being on crutches

I''ve had some bloody good bargains from Primark.  In fact I get decorating t-shirts in there for £2, don''t mind if I get paint on them, wear them once, chuck them away.

Hasn''t he got a young family? Once kids become involved it all becomes about your future financial security, money for your kids university education if they want one, cars when they turn 17, making sure the mortgage is paid before retirement, etc etc. I''m sure that he likes a trip to Jonathan Trumble like the rest of them, but he wont be earning his £5k per week forever, it''s not about the fast cars and £200 shirts when you have a responsibility. At least it shouldn''t be. A Scunthorpe player said that Paul Hayes is the tighest man he knows, but he has a young family too, and that changes people. And quite right too.

Bearing in mind that he will now be paying 50% income tax on a proportion of his earnings (and no party has commited to scrapping that plan) who the heck could blame him? By the way, somebody on £250k (hypothetical) could expect to recieve £102k in income tax. He is on probably the best contract of his career, who can blame him for wanting to put away as much of the remaining £148k into home equity, savings or pension funds? 

Agreed. Holty is a sensible bloke who seems to have his head screwed on and is a fantastic footballer to boot. I think in an era of overpaid and reckless footballers who inhabit the premiership it makes a refreshing change.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]I''ve had some bloody good bargains from Primark.  In fact I get decorating t-shirts in there for £2, don''t mind if I get paint on them, wear them once, chuck them away.[/quote]

buy a washing machine, then you could save a trip back to primark [;)]

[quote user="Hucks6"]Saw holty and his missus in Primark today on crutches. why was he shopping in there ,1 hour later saw him again in Zarra surley not skint wished him all the best for next year top bloke
[/quote]

Maybe they used it for a shortcut to get from The Walk to The Back of the Inns ??

Saving money so he can buy more Champagne in Mercy VIP obviously..

[/quote]

Maybe he was looking for a pair of crutchless knickers?