Sign in to follow this  
Unhinged Canary

Nelson Player of Month!!

Good on him.  I will admit to not being his biggest fan, but he has been very good for the last couple of months and I''m pleased he''s been recognised.

well deserved,acouple of vital goals and solid defending to boot

Really pleased for him. I don''t suppose (I hope!) he doesn''t read this forum, but the stick he used to get on here was over the top. To turn it round is a sign of the sort of determination you want in a player. Well done Michael!

i have to hand it to the man .. he has come a long long way .

from the nightmare start against Colchester ,I firmly believed he was a nightmare signing .

But this player has come on leaps and bounds ,and all i can say ...and wait for the grief ..gunny must have seen something in him he liked . hope he continues to improve the rate he has this season .

well done Nelson you should be proud of what you have achieved.

Well done to him , he has slowly through out the season gone in my opinion being awful to outstanding .Simular to those of you old enough to remember Steve Bruce on his debut for city  against Liverpool  scoring an own goal early on in that game ,but then becoming a hero scoring winner against the old enemy in milk cup semi final .

[quote user="singing canary"]..gunny must have seen something in him he liked .[/quote]That''d be the price tag:[img]http://scavenging.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/free.jpg[/img]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="singing canary"]..gunny must have seen something in him he liked .[/quote]That''d be the price tag:[img]http://scavenging.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/free.jpg[/img][/quote]How very cynical of you Chopsy! [;)]

He thoroughly deserves the award. He looked really dodgy to start with. However he has improved with every game and since about January he has really flourished. That shows tremendous guts and character which not all footballers have. He is starting to remind me of Malky Mackay who started slowly but became a fantastic player for the club. Both are brave, no nonsense stoppers who arent the best footballers but defensively will do everything you ask of them. Like Malky, Nelson is also showing he can be influential in both penalty boxes. Scoring the goals that guaranteed promotion and the title is pretty good going!