Sign in to follow this  
Derek Sims

Sky Sports: Icelandic Star Coming To Carrow Road

I heard from people that on Sky Sports today, Norwich have suposingly going to place a bid on Icelandic star Joey Gudjohnssen from German Club Bochum as his contract expires in the start of January. The Midfeilder/Striker has been reported all over german papers to about coming to England and reportably in Germany and England ... to Norwich

Take it that its the same Joey Gudjohnssen that played for Villa last year? That would be a pretty good signing I would think... if its correct. I was unaware he played up front as well though.

I think I can remember him doing a horrific "Muscat would be proud" tackle on Matt Upson in the Brum derby last year, luckily Upson got out of the way.

Worthy N just checked Leicester City website to confirm their Johaanes Gudjohnson was the JG at Villa, this must be another one.

[quote]Take it that its the same Joey Gudjohnssen that played for Villa last year? That would be a pretty good signing I would think... if its correct. I was unaware he played up front as well though. I thi...[/quote]

Wow, gasp, shock!. An Icelandic star coming to little old City.

Icelandic Star?. I would have thought that was a contradiction in terms.

I mean they aren''t exactly blessed with silky skills, are they now?.

If City were a conference league outfit, it might be a good signing, but we''re talking premiership here chaps.

Laughable!.

You''re right, they''re all rubbish, just like Eidur Gudjohnsen. I wouldn''t have him at Carrow rd. Icelandic conference player, just gets a few lucky goals week in week out.

[quote]You''re right, they''re all rubbish, just like Eidur Gudjohnsen. I wouldn''t have him at Carrow rd. Icelandic conference player, just gets a few lucky goals week in week out.[/quote]

what a lauughable post

There''s only one Joey Gudjonsson and he plays for Leicester. 

He''s a midfielder and has played for RKC Waalwijk, Real Betis, Aston Villa, Wolves, Leicester, oh and Iceland (17 caps, 1 goal).

[quote]Probably 50 or 60 % of all people in Iceland are called Gudjonsen[/quote]

Icelandic surnames are make up from the parent''s christian name.So his dad was called Gudjohn.Magnus Magnusson''s dad was another Magnusand if Joey Gudjohnssen has a son, his surname would be Joesson.

[quote]what a lauughable post[/quote]

Quote: You''re right, they''re all rubbish, just like Eidur Gudjohnsen. I wouldn''t have him at Carrow rd. Icelandic conference player, just gets a few lucky goals week in week out.

what a lauughable post

err, i was being ironic

as long as we sign players who do their job and can score goals, who cares???