Sign in to follow this  
dpit

The psychology of next season

The perception of our presence in the Championship next season is going to be very different from the previous years we were there. Next year we will see ourselves and others will see us as a club recently promoted from Div One, as opposed to a club recently relegated from the Premiership. This will make a big difference to the way that we respond to results and also to the way that other club approach games against us. In a nutshell, the pressure will be off a little bit. I think this can largely explain Leicester''s success this season. I for one am looking forward to a little more balance and perspective in the way we view life in the second league.

[quote user="dpit"]A bit beyond you all?[/quote]No, I just think its ''I spy book of psychology'' rubbish to be honest.  We''re just another team competing in the Championship.  After the league settles down after 3/4 matches our opponents will look at us as a team playing well or struggling or whatever.  Say we win the first 3/4 on the spin, is the next team going to think, ''oh they''re just a promoted L1 team? Course not, they''ll think we''ll have to play well or we''ll be turned over too.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="dpit"]A bit beyond you all?[/quote]No, I just think its ''I spy book of psychology'' rubbish to be honest.  We''re just another team competing in the Championship.  After the league settles down after 3/4 matches our opponents will look at us as a team playing well or struggling or whatever.  Say we win the first 3/4 on the spin, is the next team going to think, ''oh they''re just a promoted L1 team? Course not, they''ll think we''ll have to play well or we''ll be turned over too.[/quote]

Tee hee. Page 45 of the afore mentioned book suggests that people who use animated sausages as their avatar have issues regarding body shame that should be attended to immediately

[quote user="dpit"]The perception of our presence in the Championship next season is going to be very different from the previous years we were there. Next year we will see ourselves and others will see us as a club recently promoted from Div One, as opposed to a club recently relegated from the Premiership. This will make a big difference to the way that we respond to results and also to the way that other club approach games against us. In a nutshell, the pressure will be off a little bit. I think this can largely explain Leicester''s success this season. I for one am looking forward to a little more balance and perspective in the way we view life in the second league.[/quote]Not on this message board it won''t.  Remember we shouldn''t have been in League One in the first place.

I know what you mean dpit - what goes on in each and everyone''s head is different of course. I''m talking here as part of an organisation providing psychology-based training (including professional footballers/NCFC); what has occurred this season is the establishment of a new ''normal'' setting regarding expectation levels.

No longer is it normal to go a goal behind and not expect to come back and win - ''normal'' now is it is much more of a case of ''we are a winning side'' and ''even if it takes until the 93rd minute - we''ll be successful''...

I do agree that we are now a team on the up - as opposed to one on the way down.

A few Championship sides including our local rivals will sense the togetherness Norwich have these days - I dare say they will be a little wary of us next season.