Sign in to follow this  
Hoolahoop

Which Free Transfers should we pick up?

We have been promoted as champions FANTASTIC!

We will now be looked at as a club on the up and should be attractive to most Free Transfer players from the championship - IF we have the finances to support it.

Rather than signing for a Coventry or a Derby I think FT players will be keen to join our club and jump on the upwardly mobile Canary Bandwagon - HOWEVER, despite this, money will be an issue and none of us really know how much PL will get.

Releasing McVeigh/Cureton/Tudor Jones and letting go Elliott/Rose will free up some funds BUT Who is a realistic target for our Free Transfer Signings??

Shoot me down BUT I would like to see David Wright take the short trip up the road from the scumboys - I don''t rate R Martin and think he would be good cover for Mickey Spillane!

Who else (Realistically?) 

If you want to go down the line of picking up freebies from Ippers I would say Richard Wright is still a very good keeper. Obviously he isn''t liked by most Canary fans but he''s a very decent keeper and would still be there next season if it wasn''t for Keane falling out with him... If we can''t get Forster, getting an experienced keeper in for a year with Rudd as back up could be a good move. Then again, personally I would send Rudd out on loan to a League One/Two club next season so would want us to bring in two keepers (or have Steer on the bench with an emergency recall on Rudd)

Just to add, If Jonathon Grounds is on a free, he would be excellent playing at left back for us (he can play there as well as CB... I think LB is his preferred position though) Imagine the height we could put in the box on corners etc... Doc, Nels, Grounds, Holt....

There is far too much baggage for Richard Wright to come here. Plus he has been awful at times this season. Billy Paynter is on a free, that would be excellent business I think.

Chances are most of our signings won''t be on anyone''s radar, I think it way more likely that we pick up young players with potential rather than big names.I trust Lambert to unearth some gems.[:)]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add, If Jonathon Grounds is on a free, he would be excellent playing at left back for us (he can play there as well as CB... I think LB is his preferred position though)

Imagine the height we could put in the box on corners etc... Doc, Nels, Grounds, Holt....
[/quote]

Do you really think Doherty and Nelson will be starting most games next season?

[quote user="Boyo"]

[quote user="The Chirp"]Just to add, If Jonathon Grounds is on a free, he would be excellent playing at left back for us (he can play there as well as CB... I think LB is his preferred position though)

Imagine the height we could put in the box on corners etc... Doc, Nels, Grounds, Holt....
[/quote]

Do you really think Doherty and Nelson will be starting most games next season?

[/quote]

The way things are at the moment I would say they''ve both got a very good chance of playing a lot of games next season.

They''re building an understanding because they''re playing together regularly and they''re both defending very well as individuals.

[quote user="Champions"]

We have been promoted as champions FANTASTIC!

We will now be looked at as a club on the up and should be attractive to most Free Transfer players from the championship - IF we have the finances to support it.

Rather than signing for a Coventry or a Derby I think FT players will be keen to join our club and jump on the upwardly mobile Canary Bandwagon - HOWEVER, despite this, money will be an issue and none of us really know how much PL will get.

Releasing McVeigh/Cureton/Tudor Jones and letting go Elliott/Rose will free up some funds BUT Who is a realistic target for our Free Transfer Signings??

Shoot me down BUT I would like to see David Wright take the short trip up the road from the scumboys - I don''t rate R Martin and think he would be good cover for Mickey Spillane!

Who else (Realistically?) 

[/quote]How will releasing Tudor-Jones free up funds? He''s under contract, therefore we''d have to pay his contract up. 

[quote user="The Chirp"]If you want to go down the line of picking up freebies from Ippers I would say Richard Wright is still a very good keeper. Obviously he isn''t liked by most Canary fans but he''s a very decent keeper and would still be there next season if it wasn''t for Keane falling out with him...

If we can''t get Forster, getting an experienced keeper in for a year with Rudd as back up could be a good move.

Then again, personally I would send Rudd out on loan to a League One/Two club next season so would want us to bring in two keepers (or have Steer on the bench with an emergency recall on Rudd)
[/quote]

Oh no he''s not!

Chinese under 21 international Bum Youngers is available on a free transfer as his contract expires in the summer. Been in good form this season with Qingdao Jonoon who have drawn their opening 5 games.

[quote user="gcb...norwich"]

Chinese under 21 international Bum Youngers is available on a free transfer as his contract expires in the summer. Been in good form this season with Qingdao Jonoon who have drawn their opening 5 games.

[/quote]

Bum who? Does he play at the back?

Seriously, Asian soccer is very much on the up at the moment. Lack of height will always be a drawback in certain positions.

I would not fancy a Korean centr-half.