Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

Another easy win for you - life must be very sweet now!

Sorry to sound like a smug *, but wouldn''t Elland Road be a picture if Leeds lose to Bristol and Huddersfield somehow manage to nick 2nd place at the very last minute. [6]

Thanks kdncfc, that was just a little before my time then by a couple of years I think.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="willynaylor"]Hi all Congrats on another easy win - as for my shambolic Leeds, what can I say I would''ve taken this before kick off, but its all-or-nothing now next Saturday. Life is never dull supporting us - what a soap opera we are[/quote]

I feel for you as you sound like a decent fan who''s players have let you down. Most of us over 40 on here have been where you are and felt like you''re feeling so we can sympathise with you.

Hope you enjoy your game next weekend and that your players show some fighting spirit to match yours.

[/quote]Stop cosying up to the opposition fans who post on here! Next you''ll be saying ''you should have won the league, because you have fighting spirit''.Oh and the ''most of us over 40 on here have been with you'' comment? How elitist can you get? I''ve suffered two relegations in my time as a Norwich fan so for you to say that the older generation know whats its like to suffer heartache is ridiculous!

Looking ahead to the game against Bristol Rovers I feel that having a crowd of around 40,000 will actually be a disadvantage to Leeds. It is clear to me that Leeds have a core support of around 20,000 who will stick by the club even at their lowest ebb. However these extra 20,000 who come out of the woodwork whenever there is some glory to be had could really unsettle the team. They are likely to turn quickly if Leeds are struggling on Saturday. That means players will often not choose the brave option (an ambitious through ball) for fear of being barracked by the crowd.

For it''s worth I think Leeds will win comfortably on Saturday. Bristol Rovers look like they are already on holiday. In the unlikely event of Leeds dropping points it would''nt surprise me if all the teams below them failed to capitalise anyway. It almost seems like no side actually wants to come second. Swindon, Leeds and Millwall have had fantastic chances to really cement themselves in second and have failed to seize the iniative. However if Leeds don''t get promoted tomorrow they are in serious trouble. Huddersfield are on fire at the moment and their home form is so formidable that they could effectively win a semi final in one go at the Galpharm.

The consequences of that for Leeds would be dire as obviously Beckford, Snodgrass etc who help to distinguish Leeds from other teams in the division would probably leave. That could be mean they would be stuck in league 1 for many years to come. Obviously I am not a Leeds fan so people like Willy might think this is all rubbish but just my two cents.

Dad went to 2nd div games in the 70`s when crowds were dropping,and norwich got 35 thou 3 or 4 times that year ..74/74 ..Against villa he said the crowd was well over 40,000 but showed 36,000..The gate was rushed with a few thou jumping over

Sorry to sound like a smug *, but wouldn''t Elland Road be a picture if Leeds lose to Bristol and Huddersfield somehow manage to nick 2nd place at the very last minute.

But dont Huddersfield have to make up around 8 goal difference??? Still tip Huddersfield to win the play offs though.

If  leeds cant beat bristol rovers at home then they dont deserve to go up. seen rovers a few times this season and i really wonder why they are not in the relegation scrap.

[quote user="The gut"]Thanks kdncfc, that was just a little before my time then by a couple of years I think.[/quote]In some ways I wish it had been before my time cos I''d now be a few years younger.