Sign in to follow this  
willynaylor

Another easy win for you - life must be very sweet now!

Hi all

Congrats on another easy win - as for my shambolic Leeds, what can I say

I would''ve taken this before kick off, but its all-or-nothing now next Saturday.

Life is never dull supporting us - what a soap opera we are

[quote user="willynaylor"]Hi all

Congrats on another easy win - as for my shambolic Leeds, what can I say

I would''ve taken this before kick off, but its all-or-nothing now next Saturday.

Life is never dull supporting us - what a soap opera we are[/quote]I watched the Leeds game today and you had enough possession and chances to win the game.Literally anything can happen next week, but if I was a betting man I''d put money on you beating Brizzol at home, its in your own hands.

Is willynaylor the Leeds supporter of the year?

He appears to be the more sane and reasonable of all the LUFC supporters who have posted on hear.

[quote user="Essex canary"]

Is willynaylor the Leeds supporter of the year?

He appears to be the more sane and reasonable of all the LUFC supporters who have posted on hear.

[/quote]

The only sane and level headed one lol

Tranmere did you a huge and unexpected favour. Cannot see anything other than a Leeds win against abject Bristol, so guess we will be re-acquainted next season Willy.

Just cant see Leeds failing to beat Bristol......out of interest Willy Naylor...no offence...but what are the odds your gate goes up from 24,000 to 39,000 for your final game against Bristol....does it piss you off that they have stayed away all season yet will no doubt turn up in the hope of getting involved in a bit of glory???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Just cant see Leeds failing to beat Bristol......out of interest Willy Naylor...no offence...but what are the odds your gate goes up from 24,000 to 39,000 for your final game against Bristol....does it piss you off that they have stayed away all season yet will no doubt turn up in the hope of getting involved in a bit of glory???[/quote]The only reason Leeds have a high average attendance is because they turn up for about 3/4 games a season... They get 35+ for about 3/4 games, the rest are all about 20,000 tops.I like you willy, but I hope Leeds lose next weekend (although unlikely) and then go on to get relegated next season [:D]

Ok Adam. What would you rather have..if you were a Leeds fan...a hardcore die hard following of 30,000 a week...or in Leeds case....20k a week then 39,000 for 1 or 2 big glory hunting games???.....I would go with the loyal 30,000......where are all the Leeds fans who went to wembley to see them lose to Donny in the play off final???....reports they took 60,000 and donny took 20,000.....where are these 60,000 they took to wembley week in week out???

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok Adam. What would you rather have..if you were a Leeds fan...a hardcore die hard following of 30,000 a week...or in Leeds case....20k a week then 39,000 for 1 or 2 big glory hunting games???.....I would go with the loyal 30,000......where are all the Leeds fans who went to wembley to see them lose to Donny in the play off final???....reports they took 60,000 and donny took 20,000.....where are these 60,000 they took to wembley week in week out???[/quote]Yeah that''s exactly my point lol, Leeds fans are useless.

[quote user="Squire"]Tranmere did you a huge and unexpected favour. Cannot see anything other than a Leeds win against abject Bristol, so guess we will be re-acquainted next season Willy.[/quote]I hope not, leave them to rot in league 1 for another few years.

You should be very happy tonight willy. Can''t see anything other than an easy Leeds win next week.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Ok Adam. What would you rather have..if you were a Leeds fan...a hardcore die hard following of 30,000 a week...or in Leeds case....20k a week then 39,000 for 1 or 2 big glory hunting games???.....I would go with the loyal 30,000......where are all the Leeds fans who went to wembley to see them lose to Donny in the play off final???....reports they took 60,000 and donny took 20,000.....where are these 60,000 they took to wembley week in week out???[/quote]

And how many "fair weather" supporters follow Norwich, Arthur.

I don''t know how many of our supporters were at the Millenium v Brum but I guess that more than a few were of that category. Every club has them, and that includes us.

Yes we also have them but come on mate....we sell out every game regardless of opposition or what league we are in....big difference....iremember going to old trafford for a midweek game in about 88 I think...the crowd that day 23,000....now they are back on the glory trail they fill the 70+ thousand stadium and have a waiting list of thousands........to compare Norwichs fairweather fans to Leeds is not the same....we fill week in week out.......

the game sold out in a couple of days ago, 38k...bristol even sent a few back earlier in the week and these were re-sold

whether or not we''ll do it, I have my doubts. Of course we should, BR have nothing to play for.

But this car crash of a football team, which have crumbled at the first sign of adversity, offer no real hope or conviction that we''ll do it.

Fail to win next week and its a 4th year in this league - they play-offs arent even an option, we may as well not turn up.

Do we deserve it? I''d argue no, because we''ve lost to you, Charlton, Millwall and most convincingly twice to Swindon.

But those sides have themselves had awful results in the last 6 weeks, so somewho it''s all to play for.

What an awful god forsaken league this is.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Yes we also have them but come on mate....we sell out every game regardless of opposition or what league we are in....big difference....iremember going to old trafford for a midweek game in about 88 I think...the crowd that day 23,000....now they are back on the glory trail they fill the 70+ thousand stadium and have a waiting list of thousands........to compare Norwichs fairweather fans to Leeds is not the same....we fill week in week out.......[/quote]We haven''t been down here for 3 years, our ticketing prices are far more friendly to our supporters, our supporters (and our club itself) is, truth be told, more welcoming in it''s hospitality, and on the basis of locality and nearby clubs Norwich (and Norfolk) is a far more fertile ground for luring in a fanbase.Should we of been victim to those few factors i''d imagine our attendances would dwindle just a tad as well in all honesty.Though it is of full credit to our club that they''ve been able to take advantage of the oppertunity and manage to draw in such a loyal, big and passionate fanbase.

Fair comment Arthur. I think our max fan base would be less than 30K even if we had a stadium to accommodate that number. If we ever return to the Premier I don''t imagine we would often exceed 30K (a few games excepted). Of course numbers of opposition fans would increase.

After watching Bristol Rovers today Leeds should have no problems next week unless they don''t turn up as Rovers defence is poor and they have nothing upfront.

That leaves Huddersfield to win the play offs, will be ther,e got my tickets so looking forward to a good day out....

[quote user="willynaylor"]Hi all Congrats on another easy win - as for my shambolic Leeds, what can I say I would''ve taken this before kick off, but its all-or-nothing now next Saturday. Life is never dull supporting us - what a soap opera we are[/quote]

I feel for you as you sound like a decent fan who''s players have let you down. Most of us over 40 on here have been where you are and felt like you''re feeling so we can sympathise with you.

Hope you enjoy your game next weekend and that your players show some fighting spirit to match yours.

We haven''t been down here for 3 years,

But Big bad John....Leeds attendences dropped to the 20s when they were in the championship so its....what...7 years of 24ishk crowds???

I do feel sorry for you Willy naylor as you seem decent enough, but no offence but I would rather Millwall or Swindon got 2nd, and I think Huddersield will win the play offs.

In truth, although you know more about the leeds team than me, you should be beating Bristol rovers at home...if you dont you dont deserve promotion..........I think come next week you will be celebrating with us mate.

on the basis of locality and nearby clubs Norwich (and Norfolk) is a far more fertile ground for luring in a fanbase.

Also Big Bad John, Leeds draw strong support from all over yorkshire, The doncaster whites, halifax, Bradford, Sheffield, the list is endless of the support Leeds have all over yorkshire.

[quote user="Squire"]Fair comment Arthur. I think our max fan base would be less than 30K even if we had a stadium to accommodate that number. If we ever return to the Premier I don''t imagine we would often exceed 30K (a few games excepted). Of course numbers of opposition fans would increase.[/quote]I''ve been in cr with around 35k of our fans 30 years ago when there was a smaller population in Norfolk, if the ground held 40k I think we would get somewher close to that in the prem for the big games and average somewhere in the region of 30k.. I''d imagine our overall fanbase countrywide would be around 400k.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Squire"]Fair comment Arthur. I think our max fan base would be less than 30K even if we had a stadium to accommodate that number. If we ever return to the Premier I don''t imagine we would often exceed 30K (a few games excepted). Of course numbers of opposition fans would increase.[/quote]
I''ve been in cr with around 35k of our fans 30 years ago when there was a smaller population in Norfolk, if the ground held 40k I think we would get somewher close to that in the prem for the big games and average somewhere in the region of 30k..
 I''d imagine our overall fanbase countrywide would be around 400k.
[/quote]

Is my memory playing tricks? I''m not looking for an argument, but 30years ago  is when I started going regularly and I don''t remember that, what have I forgotten?

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Squire"]Fair comment Arthur. I think our max fan base would be less than 30K even if we had a stadium to accommodate that number. If we ever return to the Premier I don''t imagine we would often exceed 30K (a few games excepted). Of course numbers of opposition fans would increase.[/quote]I''ve been in cr with around 35k of our fans 30 years ago when there was a smaller population in Norfolk, if the ground held 40k I think we would get somewher close to that in the prem for the big games and average somewhere in the region of 30k.. I''d imagine our overall fanbase countrywide would be around 400k.[/quote]

I''m sure read somewhere recently that the club database has around 90,000 names on it, so I can''t see it being anything like 400,000 countrywide even allowing for those who aren''t directly known to the club.

[quote user="The gut"]

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Squire"]Fair comment Arthur. I think our max fan base would be less than 30K even if we had a stadium to accommodate that number. If we ever return to the Premier I don''t imagine we would often exceed 30K (a few games excepted). Of course numbers of opposition fans would increase.[/quote]
I''ve been in cr with around 35k of our fans 30 years ago when there was a smaller population in Norfolk, if the ground held 40k I think we would get somewher close to that in the prem for the big games and average somewhere in the region of 30k..
[/quote]

Is my memory playing tricks? I''m not looking for an argument, but 30years ago  is when I started going regularly and I don''t remember that, what have I forgotten?

[/quote]

It was in the early to mid seventies, I remember being at a game against Burnley in the mid seventies when they were regarded as a very good team and there was somewhere in the region of 37k in the ground. There were also others including a game against Palace on the last day of the season when we had to win to survive which attracted a crowd of 36k.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Squire"]Fair comment Arthur. I think our max fan base would be less than 30K even if we had a stadium to accommodate that number. If we ever return to the Premier I don''t imagine we would often exceed 30K (a few games excepted). Of course numbers of opposition fans would increase.[/quote]
[/quote] I''m sure read somewhere recently that the club database has around 90,000 names on it, so I can''t see it being anything like 400,000 countrywide even allowing for those who aren''t directly known to the club.[/quote]

We''ll never know the true figure but I think it would certainly be higher than most people imagine, there are plenty of people around who would consider themselves to be a follower of the club who never go to games due to cost and travelling distances etc. Also I seem to remember some survey a while back that put our fan base at more than 400k, how accurate that would be is anybodys guess but I certainly think it would be a lot higher than the 90k on the clubs database.

Willy...not even you lot can lose against Brizzle. I think half of the Rovers team were actually wearing flip flops for the last few matches. The beach beckons. You''ll be OK.