Wasn''t there but it sounds like he had a reall good game today as he did when we played Millwall at home. Would people now consider keeping him next season as he has finally been able shown what he has to offer? I expect OTJ wouls have the same effect if he was given a chance.

Well I guess he''s ok to have for backup but that''s as far as it goes. We''ve got better players ahead of him.

I think he''s played 7 or 8 league games for us this season, a  couple of good appearances and some pretty sh*t ones. If he''s happy to stay here and play for the reserves or warm the bench some weeks then I guess both parties would be ok with that.

Yes, Gill did have a more than decent game yesterday. He passed it around well and kept the ball moving. Whether he is part of Lambert''s plans next year, we''ll have to wait and see.

I heard that he played really well, which is good because the last time he played at Carrow Road he wasn''t that great but well done to the lad :)

But don''t think he come in much of a help next season though!

He played well yesterday, albeit against a powder puff mid table team with nowt to play for!

Not physical enough or attack minded enough to be much of an asset in the Championship!

At most he''ll be a squad player who will sometimes make the bench next season!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

He played well yesterday, albeit against a powder puff mid table team with nowt to play for!

Not physical enough or attack minded enough to be much of an asset in the Championship!

At most he''ll be a squad player who will sometimes make the bench next season!

[/quote]

I was imprssed with him. Some of his passes let him down though.

He just kept the ball moving, can''t remember him giving the ball away. That''s fine it''s what defensive midfielders do (I know he isn''t one but he was playing there yesterday) the main area for improvement would be the physical side of his game, he didn''t get stuck in enough, if he is to continue to play in this role that will need improvement.

Exeter fans maintain he was a coup and is fantastic on the wing, but he is unlikely to dispose Wes ,Mcnamee, King of Spain so needs to alter his game

I think he may well feature next season. Lambert would have shipped him out and he certainly would not have featured yesterday.

As I''ve said before Lambert pulled round Hoolahan, Doherty and Russel. certainly found something in Nelson that most had previously doubted.

Success next season will depend as much as how well Lambert can get individual players performing as much as how many ''quality'' players he brings in.

Let''s wait to see if Gill fails, till then good luck to him.

interesting about Nelson, when Askou and Whitbread get a decent pre season behind them, wtf is Nelson gonna do? Gill might as well stay as back up as far as i''m concerned.

I though Gill was immense yesterday, rarely misplaced a pass, tackling was good and played his position perfectly sitting quite deep. When Askou came on I remembered why I love him, fantastic in the air, strong in the tackle, great positional senase. I think must be our number one centre back next season. I think we are blessed in that position now with four good players to play there.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]interesting about Nelson, when Askou and Whitbread get a decent pre season behind them, wtf is Nelson gonna do?
[/quote]

Well if he carries on doing as well as he is then he''ll just stay in the team.

I like Askou but he''s not going to improve anything and Whitbread might be a good player but his injury record is worrying.