Sign in to follow this  
W-H

OT: Singing players

Bristol Rovers put out Andy Williams against our very own Chris Martin. Hartlepool have the legendary James Brown and Huddersfield Robbie Williams. Any other singing legends (or bell-ends) past or present in football?

The ex-Blackpool defender Michael Jackson who scored in an FA Cup replay at Carrow Road - the same game as Chris Martin.  Must have seemed like a bizarre celebrity match to those who were looking at the goalscorers.

John Barnes is a singing legend!

''You''ve got to hold and give, but do it at the right time...''

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]James Morrison
WBA midfielder![/quote]

James/Jim Morrison - I think that counts as two

Chris Brown, ex Norwich striker at Preston. Also got a Paul Weller in my school. [:P]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="The Irish Messi"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Huddersfield have a Robbie Williams playing for them.

[/quote]Umm.. i point you to the original post ;)[/quote]I was hoping nobody would notice  [:$]Petr Gabriel is a Czech Republic defender.  Seriously.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petr_Gabriel[/quote]Yeah, but who''s Patr Gabriel, the singer? [:P]

[quote user="morty"]Theres a Shirley Bassey plays for Tranmere.
[/quote][8]Something in the way he moves........

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Theres a Shirley Bassey plays for Tranmere.[/quote][8]Something in the way he moves........[/quote]That will go over so many people''s heads.PS I lied about Shirley Bassey.[:)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]The ex-Blackpool defender Michael Jackson who scored in an FA Cup replay at Carrow Road - the same game as Chris Martin.  Must have seemed like a bizarre celebrity match to those who were looking at the goalscorers.[/quote]

Chris Brown played in that game as well lol

[quote user="Brendo "]Chris Brown, ex Norwich striker at Preston. Also got a Paul Weller in my school. [:P]
[/quote]

There was a Paul Weller that played for Burnley.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Theres a Shirley Bassey plays for Tranmere.
[/quote][8]Something in the way he moves........[/quote]

That will go over so many people''s heads.

PS I lied about Shirley Bassey.[/quote]NO! [:O]

Not really known as a singer,but Richard Wright goalie/Pink Floyd keyboardist.

We need a goalkeeper.

I was hoping Ray Davies would be a goalie, but no.Okay, we''ll include backing vocals!We have a First XI:Richard Wright (backing vocals for Pink Floyd)Petr GabrielMichael JacksonRobbie Williams"Prince" (good one, that)Paul WellerAndy WilliamsJames MorrisonChris BrownChris MartinJames Brown

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Theres a Shirley Bassey plays for Tranmere.
[/quote][8]Something in the way he moves........[/quote]

That will go over so many people''s heads.

PS I lied about Shirley Bassey.[/quote]NO! [:O][/quote]

[:''(]

two members of indie band ''The Leaves'' played division two football in the Icelandic League... I don''t think you''d exactly call them household names though... even in Iceland!