The championship could be full of Yorkshire teams,

Barnsley,

Doncaster

Sheffield Utd

Scunthorpe (almost)

Hull City

Leeds United

Huddersfield Town?

That rules them all out of the promotion race, too many derby matches never good for you!

You should have a good season, must be the first time there has never been a Yorkshire team in the top flight?

Looking forward to going back the KC and putting one over them......never been to Donny Rovers new ground so will be off there too!!

Sorry, it''s East Yorkshire, I should know I was born there......you can change the boundries but you can''t change the county!!!

Let''s not argue they all class the games as Yorkshire derbies!!

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Hull has been in Humberside since about 1974[/quote]until 1996 when humberside ceased to excist. Grimsby/Cleethorpes and surrounding area are now North East Lincolnshire, Hull itself has unitary status, and is cerimonially in East Yorkshire, in fact, it has always been cerimonially in East Yorkshire. I am not a local council geek but a lot of my family are from grimsby and hated being lumped in with ''yorkies'' from Hull

Must try to get to Scunthorpe, only one of them I''ve not visited.

Scunny is a modern ground, in the middle of no where, just a couple of pubs and a supermarket. Good atmosphere and friendly too.....

[quote user="Rupethebear"]You should have a good season, must be the first time there has never been a Yorkshire team in the top flight?

Looking forward to going back the KC and putting one over them......never been to Donny Rovers new ground so will be off there too!![/quote]When Leeds went down in 2004 there were no Yorkshire teams until 2006 until Sheff Utd came up and then not a Yorkshire team until 2008 when Hull came up. So, quite recently actually!

Is all good for me rupert as all within distance travel for me  2hrs tops pity Sheff Weds gone that was a great day out

A good friend of mine lives up that way and I''m looking forward to trying to make as many of those games as I possibly can! I kind of wanted Wednesday to stay up solely for this reason, but alas there''s still plenty of trips there for me to whet the appetite.

Yep, its looking like being quite a good season for away games next year for me - shame about Wednesday going dwn.  Probably means Palace on New Years Day again which is a downer but at least there is a chance it won''t be Selhurst Park.

Brother in law lives just north of Hull so very pleased with renewing my acquaintance with the KC and Scuuny not too far from his either!  Just hoping that York escalate up the leagues over the next few years!