Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Up from the 3rd just in time before the civil war?

Interesting weeks may be ahead.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/danroan/2010/04/english_football_on_verge_of_c.html

The conclusion must be that it is now even more important for us to build on the current momentum and establish the club as serious promotion challengers next season.

There''ll be no room for faint hearts, but Bowker, McNally and Lambert seem to have the attitude and knowhow required.

Let''s hope that the right lessons have been learned throughout the club.

One love.

OTBC

I''m not sure I really understand but the one thing that no one wants is for a two tierd closed Premier League to be established.  That would destroy the whole beauty of the English game.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

The conclusion must be that it is now even more important for us to build on the current momentum and establish the club as serious promotion challengers next season.

There''ll be no room for faint hearts, but Bowker, McNally and Lambert seem to have the attitude and knowhow required.

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]That blog leaves me full of so much relief that we''ve managed to come straight back up! A

[quote user="Boyo"]I''m not sure I really understand but the one thing that no one wants is for a two tierd closed Premier League to be established.  That would destroy the whole beauty of the English game.[/quote]

I agree, but if it''s going to happen it''ll be far better in than out.

OTBC

I can see what they are saying if Parachute payments increase it would make it virtually impossible for anyone else to make it to the Premier League & we would just get a yo yo effect. But why should the Premier League just be allowed to ride rough shot over everyone? We need far tighter controls on what clubs spend on players & wgaes to avoid a complete melt down of a lot of clubs that are spending way beyond their means!

The other thing that annoys me about that article is if talking about English Football why not use a picture of an English Club ground????

That picture is a ground I''ve never seen before.....anyone?

The one point your all missing is" every league club most vote on this " if the majority say no it wont happen as its a democratic decison...............but we all know what the FA are capable of ........i did hear it was voted against .....but time will tell.

I don''t understand why the championship clubs would vote for this? Obviously they will all stand to gain more money through solidarity payments but surely the goal of every team in the championship is promotion? This is rendered extremely difficult by handing relegated teams masses of extra revenue which can be spent on players.

If we get a two tiered Premiership that is really depressing. If that happens we might as well forget the lower leagues because they are effectively being cut away and left to die. The reason the Premier league don''t understand any of this is because such is their greed they became detached from reality a long time ago.

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

If it do happen then i would hope Leeds get stuck in it!!

I''ll vote for anything that A. messes up Cowlings plans.

B. Finishes MK Francise.

Sod em!

Club Atletico Rosario Central
Nickname: Los Canallas (the scoundrels)
Founded: December 24 1889
Ground: Estadio Gigante de Arroyito, Rosario, Santa Fe. (Capacity 41,654)

I hope this helps

I guess it''s down to who the championship chairmen feel they have more in common with, the bottom 2 leagues or the top tier.  If they take the deal, we could slide into the 2 tier Premiership, and the top of the pyramid may well seperate from the bottom.  Which in itself is dangerous, because where will the new English talent come from ?I''d like to see the league chairmen tell the Premier league to stuff their deal.  But I can''t see it happening.

This from a poster who can''t comprehend the difference between the Old First Division and the Premier League

What''s in a name? I ask you...

Premier League Division Two or Football League Division Two?

A canary by any other name is still a canary.

Talk about splitting hairs in pursuit of an agenda!

Surely there will be far more similarities than differences..................

Riddle me this, riddle me that...

[quote user="cosmos67"]The one point your all missing is" every league club most vote on this " if the majority say no it wont happen as its a democratic decison...............but we all know what the FA are capable of ........i did hear it was voted against .....but time will tell.[/quote]

As I understand it, all or nearly all Championship clubs voted in favour and all or nearly all League 1 and 2 clubs voted against, so the Champ clubs were outnumbered.  The issue they were voting on was not the parachute money but a proposal to split the "solidarity money" (divided among the 72 clubs) 80%-12%-8% between the three divisions.  

Unless they can reach a compromise by splitting it more evenly, the Championship could break away just like the Prem did.  If that happened the Champ might want to reduce to 20 clubs, so there would be a "2 up 4 down" relegation from the Champ over the next two seasons.

Wonder which way we voted btw?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

This from a poster who can''t comprehend the difference between the Old First Division and the Premier League

What''s in a name? I ask you...

Premier League Division Two or Football League Division Two?

A canary by any other name is still a canary.

Talk about splitting hairs in pursuit of an agenda!

Surely there will be far more similarities than differences..................

Riddle me this, riddle me that...

[/quote]

[|-)]

Pay attention nigel, we''ve moved on.

You''ll never establish credibility with The World and his Wife by quoting tiny extracts you select from a thread 5 pages and 73 items long.

Why don''t you just read the referenced article and contribute?

Dear oh dear.

But still. One love.

OTBC

You will never move on Babes.Even though the past you cling to is long gone.

You want me to contribute to something I have been contributing to for the entire time I have posted on here?

OK then...

In 1992 the clubs in the Football League First Division voted to break away from the rest of the Football League with the backing of the FA to form the Premiership. We were one of them. This was entirely for selfish reasons based on the TV rights deal offered at the time. The Football League would obviously have insisted on sharing the TV money more fairly between their 92 member clubs.

The irony in all of this is that only nine of those 22 First Division Clubs remain in the Premier League. The rest are now split between the Championship, League One, League Two, The Conference and Out Of Existence.

I wonder, if they had hindsight, whether they would now vote to stay in the Football League and whether this lesson many clubs has learned has a bearing on how they vote this time around.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]The irony in all of this is that only nine of those 22 First Division Clubs remain in the Premier League. The rest are now split between the Championship, League One, League Two, The Conference and Out Of Existence.

I wonder, if they had hindsight, whether they would now vote to stay in the Football League and whether this lesson many clubs has learned has a bearing on how they vote this time around.

[/quote]According to the article posted :What''s clear is that a new fault-line has appeared in the English game

between the Championship (23 out of 24 were in favour of the deal I''m

told) and the 48 clubs in the lower two leagues (where there was

unanimous opposition).So it looks like not much has been learnt, and that self-interest is king as always.

As is always the case Blah. And those who run our clubs are, I suppose, duty bound to put their own clubs interest above the interest of the game as a whole. What they are morally bound to do is a different matter. Maybe all Football League Clubs should vote on all Football League decisions. Perhaps the lesson learnt was that all Football League Clubs should have had a vote in 1992.

[quote]Perhaps the lesson learnt was that all Football League Clubs should have

had a vote in 1992.[/quote]I''d agree with that.  I''d just love it if the football league grew some cajones and told the Premier league to stuff their money, remove promotion to the Premier league and cut them adrift from the grassroots pyramid.  It wouldn''t be long before the Premier League would stagnate, and the Boltons and Blackburns would come knocking at the door of the league to ask to be let back in.  But when you know that 23 out of 24 championship clubs have voted for 4 year parachute payments, you know it could never happen.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Perhaps the lesson learnt was that all Football League Clubs should have

had a vote in 1992.[/quote]I''d agree with that.  I''d just love it if the football league grew some cajones and told the Premier league to stuff their money, remove promotion to the Premier league and cut them adrift from the grassroots pyramid.  It wouldn''t be long before the Premier League would stagnate, and the Boltons and Blackburns would come knocking at the door of the league to ask to be let back in.  But when you know that 23 out of 24 championship clubs have voted for 4 year parachute payments, you know it could never happen.[/quote]I dont understand why they dont do this anyway, but instead tell the clubs that from now on the TV deals have to be spread evenly for all clubs! As a chairman, I think a solid income for my club in the champ, where everyone is in the same boat would be better than gambling on trying to get into the prem. Then make the champ the top league in england, and tell the prem clubs they have ONE chance to come back into the FL, if they refuse, when they fail, we can laugh as our clubs are competing against each other on the same financial playing field (within reason, as some clubs get higher gates)! I think making it so that clubs have the same amount of income from tv rights is important as there is then no advantage for any club apart form the amount of fans they have!