Sign in to follow this  
Bungay Canary

What game has given you the most pleasure this season

Brentford at home was the one for me. Although Col away and Huddersfield away were also very good.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]SpainBoys thread....the best you can hope for is 2nd now........classic......never to be seen again......[/quote]Seconded Arthur my good man! In the words of a well known advert........... Priceless........ [Y]

Although not a game....SpainBoys thread has to win hands down...god I hope Charlton win saturday and Millwall sneak 2nd.....4th year in League One for the so called "champions of europe" LOL.

Best game Bristol Rovers at home...one of the best 45 minutes of football seen at carrow Road for a long time....and set the ball rolling and belief.

Can''t pick between Col U away and Leeds at home - a 5-0 thrashing and a last minute winner are both special in their own ways...

If I had to pick one, probably Southend at home, although both away games I''ve been to this season (Huddersfield and Charlton) were also incredible. [Y]

Although I''ve been to a few I have to put Charlton at the Valley, I put this under the heading of revenge is sweet, they took us down last season, We won promotion there this season, and we may well be leaving them down here, My wife said to me the other day sorry I did''nt get you a birthday presant, who needs presants when this happens promotion on Sons birthday crowned Champions on my Birthday,

Bring on the binners  

Difficult one this. Col Who away because of the revenge factor, Charlton away because of what it meant and Leeds at home because of the nature of the win with such a late goal when it looked a nailed on draw. However, I would have to go with Brentford at home for the triumph over adversity, the seat gripping tension and the feeling of being one of 25,000 people  willing the side through those last few minutes.

Southend home for me.Whilst Charlton away, and the last game were ace for glorious reasons. I took the most pleasure from Southend for a few reasons:1) We were 1-0 down.. and pulled it back to win.2) It was Oli Oli Oli who scored a couple filling me with confidence for his future.3) At the time nothing was anywhere near being certain about our promotion hopes. And it was a big step forward for us.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Nobody else with me on Bristol Rovers first half being the best 45 minutes of football we had seen at carrow Road for years???[/quote]Must admit that it was brilliant as goal after goal went in. Was in E block that day and the place went nuts.Think my favourite match has to be Charlton away, what a fantastic feeling that was.Going back to other good ones - Leeds at home and the euphoria that followed Martin''s goal. Southend at home and the late, late Oli show that left my throat raw for ages. The sheer passion and noise of the crowd as we beat Brentford despite losing Holt. Coming from 2 down to draw 2-2 with Charlton and almost nicking it at the end. Lambert''s first home game against Wycombe as i heard the unexpected line up and thinking ... damn this is different, this guy has balls [;)]. Didnt go to Colchester but watched it on a perfect stream. Was gleefully dancing around the living room with a beer in hand as the goals flowed. The goals against Orient gave a lot of pleasure. But for the best feeling, The Valley beat it all. Travelled down with hope but no expectation, lots of drinks and a fantastic win. Being congratulated by fans of other clubs we met on the way home and the ensuing late night out when we finally made it back. Only just got my voice back for the Gillingham game [:P].Overall .... its been quite a good season [Y]

For me Henry, that 1st half against a decent Bristol Rovers side, gave us the confidence and belief and has to be my best game....best moment still Sapinboys thread....best you can hope for is 2nd place now....where has the Leeds scummer gone lol!!!

Southend at home for me. Although the last minute winner against Leeds would come close simply due to the amount of noise that Carrow Road made. I hadn''t heard or seen anything like that down here for many years.

I have to agree Arthur, Bristol Rovers first half was really good. Knew then for sure we would get promoted.

My favourite match day was Col U away. The whole build up to it, animosity with their Chairman, lots of city fans in the home areas and the emphatic scoreline, will remember it for a long time. Very closely followed by Leeds home.

Away - Colchester, beating them 5-0 on that embarrassment of a pitch was wonderful.Home - beating Brentford 1-0 with 10 men after Holt was sent off.  Lambert could have gone 4-4-1, gone for a point and tried to keep it tight but with breathtaking audacity he switched to a back 3, shuffled the midfield round and kept us attacking until Martin scored the winner.  It was brilliant play, brilliant management and hopefully a sign of what''s to come.

For excitement and winning against the odds, Brentford was difficult to better but for the whole build up, winning by five goals on their paddy-field of a pitch, Colchester away is the winner for me.

Those two games helped us win 18 points in a month. I’ll be a very old man before City do that again.

Charlton and Hartlepool away....Micky Nelson''s goal against Pools was a top draw strikers goal....and his header at Charlton almost made the City fans blow the away stand roof off.

Leeds at Carra....Pure pleasure.....

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]For me it had to be Colchester away we were , on a hiding to nothing .How the hell we scored 5 on that s--t heap was amazing[/quote]

Same here for me. It was pressure game with a lot of media interest and hype. The sort of game in which you often expect Norwich to buckle. To shove 5 past them on pitch which suited them far more than it did us was frankly awesome. My favourite away day ever. I think people started to us as the real deal after that game.