Sign in to follow this  
SwindonCanary

Real Footy at it's best

I spent a very enjoyable afternoon yesterday, channel hopping between 3 football matches, Liverpool v Chelsea, Blackpool v Bristol City and Sheff. Wed. v C. Palace. It stuck me that whilst the Championship matches were full of excitement and drama convoyed through their fans the Premiership match seemed very sterile with very little to get excitement.

The football league is the home of real football and true fans, if it  wasn''t for the money, I would be quite happy staying in the Championship

Really?! You don''t want to play the big boys? You are right, it is exciting and the fans are passionate but i''m sure you would rather be a consistent team in the Premier league.

[quote user="G"]Really?! You don''t want to play the big boys? You are right, it is exciting and the fans are passionate but i''m sure you would rather be a consistent team in the Premier league.[/quote]

Actually G if you read the majority of posts on the BBC the vast majority of fans actually dont want to be in the Prem.  "Consistent" teams are the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Blackburn, and look at their average gates.  OK you have the likes of ManUre, Liverpool and Gooner fans invading your stadium''s home end 2 or 3 times during the season but otherwise its 16000 or so.  As it was with us during our main stay in Division 1 (the older fans will remember "16,000 gates to break even")

So I want us to play at the highest possible standard?  Yes - although we''d never win anything if we were in the Bolton type scenario.  Perhaps better to be a West Brom - up in the Prem for a year or 2, relegation and then bounce straight back