Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Winning Bets?!

Who on this message board, has a regular bet on football and how much have you won this year?

me and drinks won £28 on a 6 team acc on the 1st day of the season and haven''t won since, anyone else had more lucky?

I know that the PUP''s have a lot of success this season too. And many people won money on norwich to go up, but any winners on 5, 10, 15+ teams to win?

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

Won £1900 on a £1 ten game accumulator this season.

The missus had me taking her on holiday straight away!!

[/quote]

what teams was that with? [:O]

I bet most weeks.  So far this year I''ve bet £343 and have got £384 so not exactly breaking the bank, but about 12% profit.  Plus it keeps things interesting.

[quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really couldn''t tell you.  The only ones i can remember are Arsenal, Chelsea and MK Dons.

The day turned in to a bit of a drunken blur after i won!

I bet £20 every week on a 10 team accumulator, not had a winner this season but had one at the tail of last that netted me about £1800

also put other bets on that take my fancy, won £36 last week from a 5 team £5 line that i just couldn''t see losing

My tips, never spend above your means and dont bet just for the sake of it, if you dont see something you fancy chances are it wont win and your best just walking away and dont ever count your chickens before they''ve hatched, a friend of mine bought a £200 round of drinks for the whole pub because he thought he had a 3k win in the bank, two late goals made him change a funny colour

[quote user="Delias Devonshire Dirtbox"]

I bet £20 every week on a 10 team accumulator, not had a winner this season but had one at the tail of last that netted me about £1800

also put other bets on that take my fancy, won £36 last week from a 5 team £5 line that i just couldn''t see losing

My tips, never spend above your means and dont bet just for the sake of it, if you dont see something you fancy chances are it wont win and your best just walking away and dont ever count your chickens before they''ve hatched, a friend of mine bought a £200 round of drinks for the whole pub because he thought he had a 3k win in the bank, two late goals made him change a funny colour

[/quote]Wasn''t Wigan v Arsenal, was it?  I got burned by that one, it took down a 7-fold accumulator and I had the other 6 results already in.I''m quite good at picking draws, without bigging myself up too much. If you can pick a draw and then tie it to some banker home wins, you can do okay.  I usually bet singles, doubles & the full line.

I always bet on Norwich to win the league and always have a £1 on a couple of horses in the grand national.

Last of the big spenders me [:)]

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I really couldn''t tell you.  The only ones i can remember are Arsenal, Chelsea and MK Dons.

[/quote]

How the heck did you win £1,900 with a ten-game accumulator and a £1 stake?! Those teams must have been non-favourites.

[quote user="Largey"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"][quote user="I am a Banana"][quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] How the heck did you win £1,900 with a ten-game accumulator and a £1 stake?! Those teams must have been non-favourites.[/quote]

I did it with BetFred Largey in the sections list.  There are five or six matches in each section and you have to pick two teams from each section. 

By the time you get to the bottom section it''s always really difficult matches to call with no clear favourite.  Plus i had 3 draws on the accumulator which a;ways greatly enhances the odds.

Get yourself in Betfred and you''ll see the sections coupon.

If there is a few games on, be it Prem, European or Conference i''ll put a few quid on a treble or 4-fold.

Won quite a few this season but also lost loads through injury time goals etc, i''d guess i''m up but can''t be sure.

I won £86 on 9 teams with a £1 bet [;)] (well i pick the teams, dad places the bet, but this time next year ill be free to make bets on my own [;)])

Won a few quid on Chelsea yesterday.With the Scousers hating the Mancs it looked a shoo-in away win @ 4/5. Gerrard duly obliged by setting the ball rolling with his '' iffy '' back pass and in the end it looked quite comfortable for Chelsea.Of course I should have lumped a load more on but, as usual, didn''t have the b*lls.......

The scums last minute goal against Newcastle cost me 600 quid last for a 3 quid accumulator. Won about 250 this season.

I hope to win something next season, can''t wait to put a bet on my self after 29th June :D (World cup bets :D)

Mister Chops, it was a few seasons ago that the two late goals killed his bet, although whenever we get chance he always gets a ribbing for it still now and has quickly learnt not to try and give anyone advice on footy bets cos it always comes up haha

made just over £100 on time of norwichs second and third goals on saturday . Only won on this bet a few times this season though.

I''ve had a few wins this season plus a few quid on norwich getting promoted but nothing too big, Theres been many weeks where 1 game has cost me my bet! Oh well at least theres still one week of the season to go so my luck could still change!!

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Is your birthday June 29?  That''s when all the best people have their birthdays... [^][/quote]my sisters birthday [;)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Is your birthday June 29?  That''s when all the best people have their birthdays... [^][/quote]my sisters birthday [;)]

I won the other week at Charlton away £130 with a £1 bet [:)] Had Norwich to win 1-0 and Nelson to score! [;)]

Buzzzzzzzzzinggggggg....

Had £10 on Norwich to win the league this season at 7-1...only wish I''d put another £10 on it after the first few games!!

June 29th is my birthday as well...was born on World Cup Final Day, 1986!

[quote user="Slim"]

Had £10 on Norwich to win the league this season at 7-1...only wish I''d put another £10 on it after the first few games!!

June 29th is my birthday as well...was born on World Cup Final Day, 1986!

[/quote]

bet your dad wasn''t too happy [;)]