Sign in to follow this  
McCanary

Expectations

What will constitute a good season for us next year?

I`ll be happy with about mid table and at least 4 points off the scum......anything more will be a bonus.

....oh and finishing above them too as I will be around 50 quid better off!

Finishing above the scum, or indeed at least 4 points above them, is no guarantee of a good season. It''s entirely possible we could achieve that aim and still be relegated. [;)]

The best thing is to aim for the top. If we fall short we will still be in the play-offs.

You just never know what''s going to happen in football! So I guess I will be happy as long as we are watching our own players doing their best.

Top half is the minimum to aim for.

Don''t care about Ipshit, as long as we give a good account of ourselves next season then i''m happy.

No expectations at this stage.  Let''s see what our financial situation is like first.

We''re in a similar position to the country as a whole pre-general election.  We know drastic action will be needed to reduce the debt but not where the axe will fall.

[quote user="Dogger "]

Top half is the minimum to aim for.

Don''t care about Ipshit, as long as we give a good account of ourselves next season then i''m happy.

[/quote]Agree, and as long as the momentum continues, ie if we do finish mid table then the team is strengthened to push on the next season. As soon as we stand still or start going backwards then I''ll start to worry about Lambert''s position.

Lambert should be given the whole of next season to work out how to play against teams in the championship - this will be the first time any member of his management team will have operated at this level apart from Crook, and you can''t really call what happened under Gunn operating effectively.  Some element of culture shock is very likely.  It''s how Lambert and team deal with that, that will determine how well we do in the championship.I''d love us to be in the top 6.  But if we''re mid-table that will also be a success, considering where we''re starting from.

A dream season is what Leicester have done. I''m not sure we will do this. I would be happy with a firm top half finish. 8th-10th I would be happy with.

Nutty - the OP did state at least mid table and ahead of tahn - so not relegated ;-)

A season without a relegation battle is the bare minimum for me.  

As Blahx3 states it is new territory for all so who knows what to expect - we could struggle with the culture shock or we could continue to tracks the paw prints of the Fosse and make a play off spot to follow up being champions.  I am hopeful of a season chasing a play off spot...

As Blackpool and the recently promoted teams have shown money is NOT the prime driver of success here - its about passion committment desire and  good team work.  

So please trust Lambert and his team and allow him to perform in the league if we do not sign a deluge of big name players during the summer.    

[quote user="McCanary"]

What will constitute a good season for us next year?

I`ll be happy with about mid table and at least 4 points off the scum......anything more will be a bonus.

....oh and finishing above them too as I will be around 50 quid better off!

[/quote]

A GOOD season will be top 6

Mid table would be reasonable

Bottom 6 would constitute a poor season

Dont care whether we finish above the scum if we finish top 6

Typical head in the clouds for alot of people! Over expectant as usual, do you guys never learn?? We need to just all calm down abit, talk of playoffs and champions are a bit premature. Look at the two who have just finished 1st and 2nd in the championship our squad does not even have a quarter of the quality as those two! And as for doing a leicester, well what they have acheived is really remarkable but it is also very rare to see that happen. Lets just see who lambert is able to bring in shall we. Right now i would settle for 21st!

Safety, a bit a stability and passion.

I would like a place just outside play offs, I expect 12th.

I would like a good cup run, but expect early round exits!!!

I expect Keano will walk or be given the boot at some point.

I''m not sure I would want playoffs, too painful. I''m even less sure that in 12 months time we would be in a position to move on to the Premiership, but if we win every week then I''d take it. :-)

I would like a shake up with the finances of the Premiership and the football league to make it more competitive. I expect the old boys in both institutions to sit on their backsides and let it slip further into the mess it''s in.

I would like a Sat 3pm Derby day, I expect it''ll be lunch time on Sunday.

I would like some decent referees. I expect at least 5 really poor performances by refs that don''t have to explain their poor decisions.

[quote user="The Irish Messi"]Nothing more than establish ourself as a Championship team again. Everything else is a bonus.[/quote]

Same fella. Sounds ideal to me.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Finishing above the scum, or indeed at least 4 points above them, is no guarantee of a good season. It''s entirely possible we could achieve that aim and still be relegated. [;)]

The best thing is to aim for the top. If we fall short we will still be in the play-offs.

You just never know what''s going to happen in football! So I guess I will be happy as long as we are watching our own players doing their best.

[/quote]

Exactly Nutty " You just never know what''s going to happen in football!" so that is why your lessons in the exact science called hindsight are irritating.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

No expectations at this stage.  Let''s see what our financial situation is like first.

We''re in a similar position to the country as a whole pre-general election.  We know drastic action will be needed to reduce the debt but not where the axe will fall.

[/quote]Spot on, none of us know how much money Lambert will have to spend so it''s impossible to say what kind of team we put out next season. If we get investment which hopefully is possible and Lambert spends it wisely as I expect we could easily get promoted. This question would be far easier to answer more accurately at the beginning of August.