Sign in to follow this  
Barclay hero

Goodbye League 1 & thankyou

For giving us that winning feeling again

For giving us such a shock on the opening day that the board acted in the most decisive way in a number of years - possibly ever

For letting us see proper grounds - with terracing - not concrete bowls on the edge of industrial estates (Colchester excepted)

For proper fans - not prawn sandwich eaters.  And decent prices both to get in and also to get something to eat

For new destinations - and 3 points in most of them

For a decent cup run - even if it was to the quarter finals of the JPT

For giving us a chance to avenge that last day defeat at Charlton that got us here in the 1st place

So thankyou League 1 - its been a blast.  However I hope you dont mind if we say that we hope to never see you again.  However we do hope that Leeds will stay with you a bit longer...just to keep you company.....

Well said, my sentiments exactly. A Leicester fan posted on here at some point prior to last season talking about the fans and what we could expect in the division and he''s been absolutely spot on.

At least we know, if the worse comes to the worse (which I really hope it doesn''t) and we get relegated again that League 1 is a nice experience even if it is just for the prices, fans & grounds.

i`ve not been away but in the 17 or so home games i`ve been to the away fans have been the best humoured i can ever remember  [:D]

[quote user="pennywise "]i`ve not been away but in the 17 or so home games i`ve been to the away fans have been the best humoured i can ever remember  [:D][/quote]

Take it 2 of the 6 missed were Leeds and Charlton then, then again according to the BBC they are not really league 1 clubs.

Agree completely. [Y] Although none of us would have liked to be in this league, we''ve done exactly what was needed and enjoyed it whilst doing so. [:)]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Mister Chops"][img]http://www.uptimeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/i-agree.jpg[/img][/quote]2nd that[Y][/quote]

3rd''ed