Sign in to follow this  
crab

Civic reception etc

The date for the civic reception has been set for Thursday week, the 13th. Not entirely sure but it would appear that there''ll be some kind of parade as well.

Sorry if already posted somewhere!

Can''t say i''m afraid, but am 95% certain. Must say i''m surprised it''s not the Monday.

This does seem to tie in with the poster who posted the other day claiming to work at the city hall. And if not true strange you both went for the Thursday as an odd day.

Yes true I hear all police have been offered overtime on this day and no other major event in the pipeline for this day

As long as Delia''s rancid risotto with a dodgy fishy sauce isn''t on the menu, (or, for there to be a botulism barbecue for that matter)....I actually agree that a Civic reception should be forthcoming...

With green and friendly open-top club golf-carts used for the parade along Castle Meadow, halting outside the Wetherspoons ''Glasshouse'' in Magdalen Street....Then everyone piling in to get lashed up and have a celebratory sing-song.....''Chipper!''

[quote user="Big Slob"]Yes true I hear all police have been offered overtime on this day and no other major event in the pipeline for this day[/quote]

Hmmmm but with a lot already working shifts and doing extra time how many will volunteer?

[quote user="crab"]The date for the civic reception has been set for Thursday week, the 13th. Not entirely sure but it would appear that there''ll be some kind of parade as well. Sorry if already posted somewhere![/quote]

You''d think they''d all be on the beach in Barbados (or whatever this year''s trendiest hot spot is) by then.

Can''t see them moving it Marvin, with all the arrangements etc being set for that day......................

But you might get them to divert down the A11 like they did on Mike Bassett England Manager!!!

[D]