Sign in to follow this  
Adam NCFC

Worst part of League 1?

What has been the worst part of this season for you? - Some awful grounds?- Poor football?- Defensive teams?- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...I''m glad we''re out of it [:D]

[quote user="City penguin"]what do you mean awful grounds, rather the memorial, griffin park etc than the richo walkers and ikea grounds.[/quote] I''ve quite liked visiting different grounds, they''re more unique and interesting than some of the boring championship ones e.g. the madjeski...

exactly, i think that new grounds in the championship are always poor, the emirates and stadium of light may lack charachter but the size means it always good ground. But in the champ the grounds that are built 20-30k are all the same so are the worst kind.

Ive enjoyed it a lot. Opposing fans have been great, and seeing some new stadiums and places has been fun. The worst part is its the third tier of English football.

That knob who owns Colly utd thinking he can play with the big boys and trying to make a name for himself at Norwich''s expense. Bye,bye Colchester.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you? - Some awful grounds?- Poor football?- Defensive teams?- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...I''m glad we''re out of it [:D][/quote]

I think the officials have been much better this season than last (with one or two exceptions).

I have actually enjoyed this season a lot. The only bad thing about the league is that the TV revenue is so small that it would not be possible for a club with such high player wages to survive in it for long.

[quote user="Frank"][quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you? - Some awful grounds?- Poor football?- Defensive teams?- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...I''m glad we''re out of it [:D][/quote]

I think the officials have been much better this season than last (with one or two exceptions).

I have actually enjoyed this season a lot. The only bad thing about the league is that the TV revenue is so small that it would not be possible for a club with such high player wages to survive in it for long.[/quote]Why the <blockquote> mess?

I too have enjoyed seeing some of the traditional looking grounds. Also the attitude of the lower division fans and players, apart from the likes of leeds and millwall , most of the fans and players have welcomed us in their local pubs etc. I thinkg the worst part of being in the lower league has to be the officials. I still remember Grant Holt being booked after being elbowed from behind (in the back of the head) .

OTBC

Some of the grounds have had awful decor- I mean Gillingham... please! My award for the best looking fans has to go to Norwich however- there really are some total fittys out there- especially you brendo! *wink*

I know we have had some bad refs, but a lot of them are regular premier league officals. Especially for the bigger games like Colchester away Leeds and MK Dons at home, etc. I reckon the 2 worst refs i''ve seen this season is MK Dons (H) and Tranmere (A), these were both regular premier league officials, so my point is that we can''t really blame the league for the bad refs.

RefsLeeds (hope we leave em behind)That it seemed to bring out an arrogant streak in some of our own faithful (see Leeds above).Robbie Cowling

Whats wrong with league one ,ok some of the grounds are a bit dated but remember they havent got the millions to spend on them and playing staff .The supporters of them are the amongst the most loyal and tolerent in the leagues  ,not glory hunters as in the prem.  Ive really enjoyed  this season ,didnt start well but the job was done in the end quite easily really .If you had said 12 months ago we would be league champions got one of the best young managers in the country harmony between fans and board we would had laughed at the suggestion   . Ok the refs have been awful at times, but we have been good enough to overcome this , so league one has been a blessing in diguise OTBC

I have enjoyed the season overall, obviously the success has been the main reason, it got real boring losing week in, week out last season and I have really looked forward to games.Some of the officials have been pretty frustrating.

I think it proves the point that we all enjoy winning. To actually look forward to games this year and be regarded by the media as one of the Big Clubs has been fun. The last few years have been murder. I''ve enjoyed it al and agree that the officials can be bad at any level, Kevin Friend being a prime example. Some of the away trips have been great even the ones we lost (Brentford, Orient) where I think we have seen some genuine football fans.

That said I wouldn''t want to stay any longer than one year, because I think the novelty would very quickly wear off!. You can be stuck here for a very long time...just ask Leeds!

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you? - Some awful grounds?- Poor football?- Defensive teams?- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...I''m glad we''re out of it [:D][/quote]Don''t mind the grounds or standard of football, we deserved to be here. Defensive teams can do as they please, yes annoying, but we did it against Charlton, so that''s not too bad for me. The state of pitches and standard of officials are the two main annoyances for me. [:@]However, the worst part of League 1 (and hopefully for many seasons more) is Leeds United.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you?

- Some awful grounds?
- Poor football?
- Defensive teams?
- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...

I''m glad we''re out of it [:D]
[/quote]

Don''t mind the grounds or standard of football, we deserved to be here. Defensive teams can do as they please, yes annoying, but we did it against Charlton, so that''s not too bad for me. The state of pitches and standard of officials are the two main annoyances for me. [:@]

However, the worst part of League 1 (and hopefully for many seasons more) is Leeds United.
[/quote]

woof woof- brendo I''m a dirty mongrol dog, can i sniff your crotch? its what most dogs do... i am a dog

Beckford''s winner against us back in October. I have never felt so ill leaving a football ground in my life. Sitting on a bus back to the city centre packed with gloating Leeds fans who kept telling me they had already won the league only made it worse. Particularly as privately if I am being honest I agreed with them. What a lovely turnaround though!

[quote user="barneycanary"]

Some of the grounds have had awful decor- I mean Gillingham... please! My award for the best looking fans has to go to Norwich however- there really are some total fittys out there- especially you brendo! *wink*

[/quote]

Sorry barney,but brendo would have to go some way in beating me in the "cor wow" stakes!

[quote user="barneycanary"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you?

- Some awful grounds?
- Poor football?
- Defensive teams?
- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...

[/quote]

Don''t mind the grounds or standard of football, we deserved to be here. Defensive teams can do as they please, yes annoying, but we did it against Charlton, so that''s not too bad for me. The state of pitches and standard of officials are the two main annoyances for me. [:@]

However, the worst part of League 1 (and hopefully for many seasons more) is Leeds United.
[/quote]

woof woof- brendo I''m a dirty mongrol dog, can i sniff your crotch? its what most dogs do... i am a dog

[/quote]

That is disgusting. People like you should never be allowed on message boars like this. I believe the worst part of league 1 wa the goals we conceded.

[quote user="Gregory"][quote user="barneycanary"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you? - Some awful grounds?- Poor football?- Defensive teams?- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...I''m glad we''re out of it [:D][/quote]Don''t mind the grounds or standard of football, we deserved to be here. Defensive teams can do as they please, yes annoying, but we did it against Charlton, so that''s not too bad for me. The state of pitches and standard of officials are the two main annoyances for me. [:@]However, the worst part of League 1 (and hopefully for many seasons more) is Leeds United. [/quote]

[/quote]

That is disgusting. People like you should never be allowed on message boars like this. I believe the worst part of league 1 wa the goals we conceded.

[/quote]Any particular goals? Or just all of them?

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Gregory"][quote user="barneycanary"]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Adam NCFC"]What has been the worst part of this season for you? - Some awful grounds?- Poor football?- Defensive teams?- Officials?

For me it''s been the officials, it seems handballs don''t exist when we play...I''m glad we''re out of it [:D][/quote]Don''t mind the grounds or standard of football, we deserved to be here. Defensive teams can do as they please, yes annoying, but we did it against Charlton, so that''s not too bad for me. The state of pitches and standard of officials are the two main annoyances for me. [:@]However, the worst part of League 1 (and hopefully for many seasons more) is Leeds United. [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Any particular goals? Or just all of them? [/quote]How dare we concede any goals at all!  We should keep a clean sheet every match or Doc and Nelson should be shot!  THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE CLUB AND SHOULD BE RELEASED IMMEDIATELY! [:@]

[quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Gregory"][quote user="barneycanary"]

- Some awful grounds?
- Poor football?
- Defensive teams?
- Officials?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any particular goals? Or just all of them?
[/quote]

Goals sch as the one against Stockport recently. The defending there was really poor and not even near league 1 standard.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Gregory"][quote user="barneycanary"]

- Some awful grounds?
- Poor football?
- Defensive teams?
- Officials?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Any particular goals? Or just all of them?
[/quote]

How dare we concede any goals at all!  We should keep a clean sheet every match or Doc and Nelson should be shot!  THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE CLUB AND SHOULD BE RELEASED IMMEDIATELY! [:@]
[/quote]

Agreed- with you though Graham, not barney.

[quote user="Gregory"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Queen B"][quote user="Gregory"][quote user="barneycanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Any particular goals? Or just all of them? [/quote]How dare we concede any goals at all!  We should keep a clean sheet every match or Doc and Nelson should be shot!  THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO THE CLUB AND SHOULD BE RELEASED IMMEDIATELY! [:@][/quote]

Agreed- with you though Graham, not barney.

[/quote][:^)]