Sign in to follow this  
Yellow since 1977

Will Leeds take the limelight...

If Leeds gets promoted on saturday guess who will get all the press coverage at the end of the season. Not the champions but Leeds, you can see it now. We''re a big club and we should be pushing for the prem, sleeping giant, best fans in the worls etc etc.

I suppose we should expect it as little old Norwcih doesn''t have a great profile but it is sickening.

theyll be instantly put as favourites for promotion next year too. the press fail to take note of the fact that in the last 22 games walsall, bristol rovers, brentford, brighton, southampton and the rest of the top 6 have all scored more points than leeds. if they carry on that form next season they will be relegation candidates for sure.

Relax, Millwall will go up and Leeds will bottle it in the playoffsLittle old Norwich will not get the exposure, which if you want to keep our team and manager is probably a good thing

This is so true. It''s already all about Leeds when they''re playing awful. So when they inevitably beat Bristol Rovers on Saturday it''ll be like they''re the champions, the champions of Europe.Perhaps they will change their forum name, and songs to WACCOL1... Seeing as they''ve never won league 1, and they''ve never won Europe.

Couldn''t give a monkeys what the media think. The reality is that we''ve won the league at an absolute canter despite giving Leeds a massive head start. We will be celebrating with the trophy at Carrow Road while they are biting their nails. The less coverage the better because under Lambert I believe we could creep into the promotion picture next year rather like a Blackpool or a Leicester.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Couldn''t give a monkeys what the media think. The reality is that we''ve won the league at an absolute canter despite giving Leeds a massive head start. We will be celebrating with the trophy at Carrow Road while they are biting their nails. The less coverage the better because under Lambert I believe we could creep into the promotion picture next year rather like a Blackpool or a Leicester.[/quote]Couldnt agree more, we dont need managers hearing how well the likes of Wes or Holt have been playing or how solid Forster has been or even Chrissy Martin.The less coverage and attention we get the better.Any of you guys who used to play footy manager about 10 years ago might remember a couple of guys called Simon Davey and Matthew Etherington. Still dont see it as a co-incidence that they were kick ass on Footy Manager at (Plymouth I think) and then a few months later BOTH end up signning for Tottenham ? Co-incidence ? Good media spin ?Still the less media interest developed the better if you ask me !Let them all talk about how great Beckford is ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Relax, Millwall will go up and Leeds will bottle it in the playoffs

Little old Norwich will not get the exposure, which if you want to keep our team and manager is probably a good thing
[/quote]

While I agree I that Leeds are unlikely to win the playoffs (imo) theres just no way they wont beat the Bristol Rovers team I saw Saturday infront of a packed Elland road.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

I couldn''t give a monkeys

[/quote]

Just keep looking at the League table

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Couldn''t give a monkeys what the media think. The reality is that we''ve won the league at an absolute canter despite giving Leeds a massive head start. We will be celebrating with the trophy at Carrow Road while they are biting their nails. The less coverage the better because under Lambert I believe we could creep into the promotion picture next year rather like a Blackpool or a Leicester.[/quote]Couldnt agree more, we dont need managers hearing how well the likes of Wes or Holt have been playing or how solid Forster has been or even Chrissy Martin.The less coverage and attention we get the better.Any of you guys who used to play footy manager about 10 years ago might remember a couple of guys called Simon Davey and Matthew Etherington. Still dont see it as a co-incidence that they were kick ass on Footy Manager at (Plymouth I think) and then a few months later BOTH end up signning for Tottenham ? Co-incidence ? Good media spin ?Still the less media interest developed the better if you ask me !Let them all talk about how great Beckford is ;)[/quote]No offense, but do you honestly think major football clubs recruit their players from reading articles in newspapers? Don''t be naive any manager worth their salt in the championship already knows all about Holt, Martin, Hoolahan & every chairman will have taken note of Lamberts performance too.