Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Bye Stephen, thanks for the Huddersfield goals...

Or does PL think differently? Why play him against brizzle if he wasn''t still looking at him with a view to keeping?

I can''t see him improving what we have up front and just think he''ll get in the way of Oli and Cody''s progress.

What do others think?

[quote user="a1canary"]Or does PL think differently? Why play him against brizzle if he wasn''t still looking at him with a view to keeping?

I can''t see him improving what we have up front and just think he''ll get in the way of Oli and Cody''s progress.

What do others think?[/quote]Agreed ... although i quite like the sound of Brodie from York as an option up front too.

I look at it like the expensive car polish I bought earlier in the year. (stay with me)It doesn''t do such a good job as the stuff I''ve already got, but it has an expiry date on it and I''ve paid for it so whilst the weather is rubbish, and I''m not needing to have my car as shiny and spotless as usual I may aswell use it up.I.e. He''s paid for him, there''s nothing to lose at the moment. So he may aswell use him, and not risk injury etc to Cody, or Oli.

Elliott just needs to make an appearance in the last game to get a winners medal, he was on nine before the Bristol game and needed to make eleven. Perhaps Lambert is being sentimental?

he won''t be playing for PNE again judging from what i heard him saying last week at the end of season dinner, he was scathing in his critisism about the club - I don''t see him staying here either though.

I seem to remember that Lambert came out towards the end of last week and mentioned a number of players who had not played enough games to merit a medal and he would do what he could to help them and / or seek dispensation from the League for additional medals.

One player mentioned was Elliott (cant remember all the others but another was McSmall).  I think before the Brizzle game, Elliott had played 9 games and needed to feature in 11 for a medal automatically without seeking dispensation.

Is that why he played?

Possible Dean''s arse (!) - PL is definitely one for recognising achievements and making sure people get recognition for the contributions, however small.

I do just have a feeling though that PL likes Elliott and may try and get him signed up. Most people, including me, aren''t so sure he adds a great deal to our current front line but i think Lambert thinks otherwise. Maybe he''ll shine more in the champ, who knows.