Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Are We The' Hotel California' Of The Footballing World

You know the line ''You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave''.

We have had many players and managers who come to this great club in God''s own county, and although they may leave the club they come back to stay. I believe I am right in saying Worthy still has a house in North Norfolk and so does Bruce Rioch.

We have ex-players like Hucks, Flem and Hallooooo Neil who have stayed due to their wives and families loving what living around here has to offer. People like Croft and several others are regularly seen in the city having a few medicinal sherbets!!!

So, are there any other football club who have this sort of magnetism, or are we quite unique on this front?

Surely there are villages in Cheshire which are populated entirely by ex professionals...? I imagine that the future of home grown British talent relies on the inevitable in-breeding of the orange skinned, white and gold bathroom dwelling, highlighted hordes clogging up the post codes of the North West.

[quote user="Romantic"]Surely there are villages in Cheshire which are populated entirely by ex professionals...? I imagine that the future of home grown British talent relies on the inevitable in-breeding of the orange skinned, white and gold bathroom dwelling, highlighted hordes clogging up the post codes of the North West.
[/quote]

Very Good !!! [:D]

But they are the Premiership, and thankfully stay with the prawn sandwich brigade. We are talking about a real football club here.