Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Goal of the season??

Is it me but out of all the goals we''ve scored this season, there has''nt be any 30 yard crackers?? Martin has bagged  some good goals from the edge of the box but i canT recall any stand out goals this season or obvious contenders ( e.g ched evans at cardiff type goals ). So ideas/nominations for G.O.S? Micky Spillanes at home to Leyton Orient probally gets my vote.

Still love Chris Martin''s second at Colchester. Russell and Holt played their part in the build up, but running at full pelt and dragging the ball through the mud, and then finishing so well. That has to be my favourite goal this year [Y]Although Nelson''s at Charlton runs it close just for the emotion.

Maybe Doc''s against Soton in JPT? Or Holt''s v Millwall at home - Wes''s cross was simply perfection.You''re right though, I don''t think they''ll be one that everyone agrees on, can''t think of one magical, they''ve all been big team efforts.

Korys goal away at Wycombe,time running out and under some pressure he kept his head to score! thats my fav goal!

Thoughts to mind;

The one where Holt controlled it with his chest and then volleyed it into the roof...

Rusty''s lob against the Gills...

Sure Korey scored at least one, if not two, stunners!

Holt''s battering ram - knocks 3 defenders out the way before scoring...

[quote user="First Jedi"]Thoughts to mind; The one where Holt controlled it with his chest and then volleyed it into the roof... Rusty''s lob against the Gills... Sure Korey scored at least one, if not two, stunners! Holt''s battering ram - knocks 3 defenders out the way before scoring...[/quote]

Korey scored a nice goal at Leyton Orient.

Holt''s chest down and volley was against Orient too, but at home.

My vote goes to Rusty against Gillingham, second place for Spillane v Leyton Orient, and 3rd for one of Chris Martins three freekicks

Most of the goals v Orient (H) were pretty good

Tudor Jones'' freekick v Brentford was also a reasonable strike from distance, as was Martins goal v MK Dons

But 30 yard screamers are a rarity - and usually scored by teams that dont create a lot of other chances.  We''ve been getting in the 6 yard box and scoring from there - and most of the successful teams do that

Still not sure if holt miss hit this but im going for the first goal against Brighton at home, fantastic little chip over the keeper !

[quote user="Henry"]Still love Chris Martin''s second at Colchester. Russell and Holt played their part in the build up, but running at full pelt and dragging the ball through the mud, and then finishing so well. That has to be my favourite goal this year [Y]

[/quote]

Yes. Im with you on the MArtin goal. It had everything! Closely followed by Martin v Leeds. I have never celebrated a city goal like it!

[quote user="Henry"]Still love Chris Martin''s second at Colchester. Russell and Holt played their part in the build up, but running at full pelt and dragging the ball through the mud, and then finishing so well. That has to be my favourite goal this year [Y]

Although Nelson''s at Charlton runs it close just for the emotion.
[/quote]

Agree completely about Martin''s. It was such a vital goal as well just before the break. That absolutely killed them.

[quote user="newboy"]Still not sure if holt miss hit this but im going for the first goal against Brighton at home, fantastic little chip over the keeper ![/quote]

it was a great finish but im not to sure either if it was a miss hit, my first impression when it happened was that it was a fluke

Korey''s goal against Wycombe was probably the furthest out (fine strike by the lad it was too) although Russell''s against The Gills was in similar territory.We haven''t scored any real screamers but we have constructed some lovely goals this season. Holt v Millwall on Boxing Day, Martin''s v Brentford to name but two.

There have been many good goals, but for me it has to be either Spillane''s at home to leyton orient or Holt''s in the same game :)

Mainly because of the timing and opposition im gonna have to go with Martins vs Leeds, wasnt a bad header either!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Korey''s goal against Wycombe was probably the furthest out (fine strike by the lad it was too) although Russell''s against The Gills was in similar territory.

[/quote]I''d disagree. Yeah, both quality goals. But I''m pretty sure Russels was on edge of box (still lush) and Korey''s nearer the 30 yard mark.I''ll go with Martin''s second at Col U. Great through ball to Martin who ran through on what was an awful pitch to score and send us wild. [:)]

Mine has to be grant holts 2nd vs Bristol Rovers at home. i was on D Of E at the time but i saw the highlight and it was the best this season for me.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Andy Larkin"]Korey''s goal against Wycombe was probably the furthest out (fine strike by the lad it was too) although Russell''s against The Gills was in similar territory.

[/quote]I''d disagree. Yeah, both quality goals. But I''m pretty sure Russels was on edge of box (still lush) and Korey''s nearer the 30 yard mark.I''ll go with Martin''s second at Col U. Great through ball to Martin who ran through on what was an awful pitch to score and send us wild. [:)][/quote]Watched it on the match highlights player thing on canariesworld and looked quite similar distance Brendo

It really has to be Martins goal against LeedsJust as it was going to a 0-0 draw, he pops up and score the winner, Leeds couldnt reply to it as it was so late in the game, and i was there to see it !!!The Leeds players were so deflated, it was GREAT goal.

[quote user="Andy Larkin"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Andy Larkin"]Korey''s goal against Wycombe was probably the furthest out (fine strike by the lad it was too) although Russell''s against The Gills was in similar territory.

[/quote]I''d disagree. Yeah, both quality goals. But I''m pretty sure Russels was on edge of box (still lush) and Korey''s nearer the 30 yard mark.I''ll go with Martin''s second at Col U. Great through ball to Martin who ran through on what was an awful pitch to score and send us wild. [:)][/quote]Watched it on the match highlights player thing on canariesworld and looked quite similar distance Brendo[/quote]I stand corrected. [Y] Still, both were lush. [:)]