Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Beckford

[quote user="CDMullins"]

A pre-contact agreement was signed in January, both parties could cancel, but this stopped any other club coming in for him in the mean time.

This transfer will happen

[/quote]If David Moyes goes through with this then he is a bigger fool than I thought he was, and I don''t think he is a fool lol.If you thought Beckford was a Billy Big B***ocks at Leeds just wait till he gets himself to a Prem club lol.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Beckford is awful lol.. He misses so many chances it''s unreal, he gets outpaced by the machine that is THE DOC!

He thinks he is the best player in the world, he scores 1 in about 12 chances a game, he''s stupidly quick which gets him chances, and he misses most of them.

He is also going to Everton. lol
[/quote]

Hmmmm.....

I''d have him like a shot, big time charlie or not he looked Premier League class in Leed''s games against Man U and Tottenham. We all hate him because he plays for Leeds, but he is a good footballer and will probably score a few next year for Everton. There are plenty of players out there with crappy attitudes but they are still good players.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''d have him like a shot, big time charlie or not he looked Premier League class in Leed''s games against Man U and Tottenham. We all hate him because he plays for Leeds, but he is a good footballer and will probably score a few next year for Everton. There are plenty of players out there with crappy attitudes but they are still good players.[/quote]Thing is one players sh*t attitude can destabilise an entire team.I think Leeds mighty fall has a whole lot to do with Beckford, Grayson put himself in a ridiculous situation. Everyone knew Beckford didn''t want to be at Leeds anymore but still got picked as they needed his goals, imagine what that must have done to the rest of the team, morale wise, and especially to strikers being kept out the side by Beckford.Its amazing what one bad apple with one eye on the exit door can do to a team, Dickson Etuhu on the last day of the Prem at Fulham ring any bells?

Sorry, in my last post please read "Damien Francis" and not Dickson.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''d have him like a shot, big time charlie or not he looked Premier League class in Leed''s games against Man U and Tottenham. We all hate him because he plays for Leeds, but he is a good footballer and will probably score a few next year for Everton. There are plenty of players out there with crappy attitudes but they are still good players.[/quote]

Thing is one players sh*t attitude can destabilise an entire team.

I think Leeds mighty fall has a whole lot to do with Beckford, Grayson put himself in a ridiculous situation. Everyone knew Beckford didn''t want to be at Leeds anymore but still got picked as they needed his goals, imagine what that must have done to the rest of the team, morale wise, and especially to strikers being kept out the side by Beckford.

Its amazing what one bad apple with one eye on the exit door can do to a team, Dickson Etuhu on the last day of the Prem at Fulham ring any bells?
[/quote]

I don''t think this is entirely true, Grayson handled the situation badly by trying to force Beckford to stay even when it is clear he is off and then trying to be strong by dropping him, only to start playing him again. I don''t blame Leeds'' poor form on Beckford either, Leeds have always faltered in the second half of the season and Beckford was one of the few players still performing well. The form of Snodgrass and Gradel was their main problem.

Just look at Chelsea to see that a team of players with massive egos can still be successful; Anelka, Drogba, Ballack, Terry and Cole are all "big time Charlies" but Chealsea use that attitude and confidence to drive them forward.

Ronaldo is another case, massive ego, massive tw@t but was the world''s greatest player for a couple of seasons. A good manager uses the "poor" attitude to create a brilliant cocky player. When Huckerby came to Norwich he was known as an "ego", but Worthington used his arrogance to create a stunning Championship player.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''d have him like a shot, big time charlie or not he looked Premier League class in Leed''s games against Man U and Tottenham. We all hate him because he plays for Leeds, but he is a good footballer and will probably score a few next year for Everton. There are plenty of players out there with crappy attitudes but they are still good players.[/quote]

look again at his goal against Man Utd.  it is actually Beckford''s poor control that creates the goal chance as he fools Brown and the Keeper by his poor touch which pushes the ball beyond hwere they expected it to fall.  His finish is good but his clumsiness makes the opportunity.

Not rubbish but not top class either.

Still Martin Paterson kept up to the required level in the Prem and was one of Burnley''s best players so Beckford could do a job.  

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''d have him like a shot, big time charlie or not he looked Premier League class in Leed''s games against Man U and Tottenham. We all hate him because he plays for Leeds, but he is a good footballer and will probably score a few next year for Everton. There are plenty of players out there with crappy attitudes but they are still good players.[/quote]Have you asked the Doc if he''s let him out of his pocket yet?

[quote user="Harry"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]I''d have him like a shot, big time charlie or not he looked Premier League class in Leed''s games against Man U and Tottenham. We all hate him because he plays for Leeds, but he is a good footballer and will probably score a few next year for Everton. There are plenty of players out there with crappy attitudes but they are still good players.[/quote]Have you asked the Doc if he''s let him out of his pocket yet?[/quote]It still makes me chuckle how "Slow and useless" Gary Doherty kept Jermaine "Premiership bound, scored a great goal against Man U" Beckford so quiet.[:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

He is avaliable on a free at the end of the season, depending on his wages would you sign him up?

[/quote]

NO

[quote user="Mustachio Furioso"]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]Beckford is awful lol.. He misses so many chances it''s unreal, he gets outpaced by the machine that is THE DOC!

He thinks he is the best player in the world, he scores 1 in about 12 chances a game, he''s stupidly quick which gets him chances, and he misses most of them.

He is also going to Everton. lol
[/quote]

Hmmmm.....

[/quote]

ha ha [:D]