Sign in to follow this  
Largey

What are you most/least looking forward to in the Championship next season?

I''m very much looking forward to greeting the likes of Pompey, Burnley and Hull back to Carrow Road. Will be good to see some of these ''Premiership players''. Not sure how many of them will drop down a division, but we may see James, Fletcher, Eagles, Bullard, Utaka etc.

Also looking forward to seeing who Lambert brings in next season. I''m hoping we can purchase a couple of League One''s shining lights, as well as some more Championship/Premier League standard players.

Lastly, much improved officials. Not sure if this will be the case, but we live in hope!

Oh and of course not forgetting, the return of the East Anglian derby!

Not so much looking forward to seeing the same old sides again, the likes of Palace, Reading and Derby. And their boring concrete out-of-city stadiums.

the teams coming down are nothing, i think we''ll finish above burnley and hull, and if pompey don''t sort themselves out, them too, we are a bigger club than them 3. 4 or 5 decent buys and we could get out of that league, it''s the weakest i''ve seen it look for a few seasons now, seriously, 3 of Cardiff, Forest, Blackpool and some other blokes i forget will be the leading teams in that league, there is no reason we can''t be top dogs next season, yes Ipswich (wrongfully) and QPR have money, but they have no soul and just a few random foreigners will see them mess up again, Sheff UTD will provide stern opposition, as wil Middlesborough, but as for the rest, they are nothing better than us.

" yes Ipswich (wrongfully) and QPR have money"

You are joking aren''t you ?

If not have a read what is being admitted by the paupers. Having to ship out their high earners to afford two Sunderland rejects, Keane being told he has to cut the squad again, Keane being told he can sign players only " if they are at the right price"

Or Clegg stating that Keane understands that the cupboard is bare " What I will say about Roy is that he has been very realistic in terms of his expectations of the type of players he would like to bring here "

This is a club unable to meet it''s debt payment - and through that inability posted losses of £10m last season.

There is a reason the paupers are struggling. Words like pot, p*** and in should give you a clue. I have no doubt that the current 3.000 less season ticket sales will not help matters either.

So watch as the paupers ship out further higher waged players. Stead is gone, as will be Bruce and Priskin. A couple or more sales (as last summer) might give the nad dog walker a few sheckels to play with but don''t expect much.

Poorman Road, twinned with Greece.

Most looking forward to: Simply playing at a higher level than this season.

Least: Exposing how far we have to go in terms of strengthening the squad should our funds not stretch far enough.

Playing Derby at Pride Park. I''ve sat with the home fans for the last two games with a mate who supports Derby. He''s agreed it''s his turn to sit in the away end next season - all I need to make it complete is that we thrash them! [:D]

Our profile being raised and actually maybe getting some sort of recognition from the media.

[quote user="morty"]Our profile being raised and actually maybe getting some sort of recognition from the media.[/quote]Plucky little Norwich? I very much doubt it!We romped this league and how many live league matches did the media choose to show? None!If Leeds go up, the media won''t even remember us![;)]

[quote user="farley"][quote user="morty"]Our profile being raised and actually maybe getting some sort of recognition from the media.
[/quote]

Plucky little Norwich? I very much doubt it!
We romped this league and how many live league matches did the media choose to show? None!
If Leeds go up, the media won''t even remember us![;)]
[/quote]

untill yesterday Sheff Weds, Don''t think I would have fancied first match away to them, couldn''t be bothered now,we should fear no team next season

[quote user="farley"][quote user="morty"]Our profile being raised and actually maybe getting some sort of recognition from the media.[/quote]Plucky little Norwich? I very much doubt it!We romped this league and how many live league matches did the media choose to show? None!If Leeds go up, the media won''t even remember us![;)][/quote]I meant to say HOME league matches!

Thrashing Ipswich and going to a few more away games.

Looking forward to beating Hull, home and away, getting some decent press coverage and going to Wembley for the play off finals!!!

Least looking forward to international breaks....less Saturday games!!

Most looking forward to a trip to Portman Road and least looking forward to a trip to Selhurst Park.

Getting in the play-offsBetter Refs (hopefully)Hoolahan , Holt and Martin doing what they did this season...new signings....

Having the derbies back will be a massive plus. Colchester this season simply hasn''t cut the mustard. I think the football will be of a greater standard. While the championship isn''t going to be incredible next season, lets face it some of the teams outside the top 6 in league 1are really poor. I guess the grounds are better quality in terms of viewing but the Madjeski, Keepmoat, Ricoh etc are all much of muchness with no character.

I am looking forward to the likes of Scunthorpe and Derby away never been to these grounds or the KC stadium all of which are about and 1,20 mins away.Leicester is even closer provided they dont go up.And Doncaster as i have a few mates who are donny fans so a few beers will be sunk before the game.All in all am just gonna enjoy next season for what it is and whatever it may bring.

Most - More media coverage when things going well!!

Least - More media coverage when things going bad!!

Most: The thought of being just one good season away from the Prem.

Least: Speculation and worry over PL should we do well

Most - Hooly showing what he can do in his new role and bamboozling the league. At least until Christmas. Then they''ll start sitting on him again!

Least - Lambert being linked with every job going if we do well

most - beating Ips===

Least - preston , Coventry , Watford , Reading , Derby - non descript clubs with starnge fans - League 1 has better clubs

Also, looking forward to welcoming back Malky when Watford visit. hope he does well next season, but not at our expense!!