Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Ched Evans

[quote user="City penguin"]you do realise he is on 20k a week plus huge goal bonuses. And sheff would want a large proportion of that paid.[/quote]

source?

I wouldn''t say no to him getting a second loan spell with us but the finances will be the stumbling block to many potential signings - loans or permanents.However Lambert knows how to make his budget stretch and get quality for a reasonable price. He''d get blood out of a stone I bet!

I wouldn''t say no to him getting a second loan spell with us but the finances will be the stumbling block to many potential signings - loans or permanents.

However Lambert knows how to make his budget stretch and get quality for a reasonable price. He''d get blood out of a stone I bet!

I dunno- he seemed to struggle getting any blood out of that stone we affectionately know as Swindon when he first showed interest in that Mcnamee lad [:)]

there is not one specific source but when they signed him that was the figure that was splashed around by all papers and media so cant be far off.

[quote user="City penguin"]there is not one specific source but when they signed him that was the figure that was splashed around by all papers and media so cant be far off.[/quote]

one paper makes up a number, and the rest follow, I would guess it is lower but will increase with bonuses like promotion, goals etc.

Ched Evans is firmly loved at Brammall Lane and will become a hit...

Billy Sharp on the other hand, possibly isn''t. Sharp would be more realistic, bet we could get him for £1m. Martin, Holt, Sharp, Johnson, with Cody Mac out on loan to League One with a recall clause, that would be the perfect combination of pace, power and finesse.

[quote user="TheNewBoy"]

Ched Evans is firmly loved at Brammall Lane and will become a hit...

Billy Sharp on the other hand, possibly isn''t. Sharp would be more realistic, bet we could get him for £1m. Martin, Holt, Sharp, Johnson, with Cody Mac out on loan to League One with a recall clause, that would be the perfect combination of pace, power and finesse.

[/quote]

Sharp would be a good signing. But Doncaster were refusing to break their wage structure to sign him. I don''t whether we have more money to offer than them but it would seem he is being paid good money by Sheffield United. What on earth is going on down there? They have all these quality strikers who score goals in the championship (Evans with us and Sharp at Doncaster) but when they are at Sheff Utd they cant hit a barn door.

[quote user="First Wizard"]I would rather concentrate on our own super Chrissy.[/quote]

True. I think the midfield is where signings are badly needed. I think the defence and attack are not too bad (just the odd addition needed)