Sign in to follow this  
Aviva Sponsors NCFC

Diary date for all City fans - Thursday 13th at 6pm

It’s official – just announced City’s Civic Reception next Thurs at 6pm. Tour start top of St Stephens finishing off at the Castle. Followed by an exclusive evening event inc. meal, presentations, speeches etc.

We have tickets to give away to this money can’t buy special event watch this space for more details

On the Ball City......

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Our season review hits the streets the same day....[/quote]Well, that''s a lucky coincidence Pete! [;)]

Anyone know roughly what time the bus will arrive at the castle? Like most people I will be at work so won''t be able to get there until 7. Will that be too late!?

[quote user="Satriales"]Anyone know roughly what time the bus will arrive at the castle? Like most people I will be at work so won''t be able to get there until 7. Will that be too late!?[/quote]You should be okay, it goes pretty slowly. If I remember from last time its worth going anyway, there will be loads going on and lots of celebrating to be done!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Satriales"]Anyone know roughly what time the bus will arrive at the castle? Like most people I will be at work so won''t be able to get there until 7. Will that be too late!?[/quote]

You should be okay, it goes pretty slowly. If I remember from last time its worth going anyway, there will be loads going on and lots of celebrating to be done!
[/quote]

Take your laptop with you Morty or your post count will drop[;)]

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Satriales"]Anyone know roughly what time the bus will arrive at the castle? Like most people I will be at work so won''t be able to get there until 7. Will that be too late!?[/quote]You should be okay, it goes pretty slowly. If I remember from last time its worth going anyway, there will be loads going on and lots of celebrating to be done![/quote]

Take your laptop with you Morty or your post count will drop[;)]

[/quote]Will do.[Y]

Winning League One is not an achievement. Yes we have done fantastically well to go up, but I think it makes a mockery of our club. If we were to go upto the Premiership, then by all means, but League One?

shut up. we are in this league on merit, because we were sh*t over the past 2-3 seasons. just because of our history deosnt give us a right to be arrogant now, thats history we are a league one club now getting promotion to a higher league and that needs celebrating. we deserve to be in league one, and thus deserve a celebration now we''re out of it. i really hate the arrogance of a small number of fans

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Winning League One is not an achievement. Yes we have done fantastically well to go up, but I think it makes a mockery of our club. If we were to go upto the Premiership, then by all means, but League One?[/quote]Don''t go then. Simples.[;)]

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Winning League One is not an achievement. Yes we have done fantastically well to go up, but I think it makes a mockery of our club. If we were to go upto the Premiership, then by all means, but League One?[/quote]

Actually, when you consider the mess we were in after relegation and the effort and commitment the players actually put in, the efforts off the pitch by McNally and the managerial miracles of Paul Lambert, I''d say it''s an excellent achievment. By your logic, does this mean players like Chris Martin and Oli Johnson shouldn''t celebrate their first winners medals as it''s only League One and it''s not really an achievment?

Comments like these really irk me. If you don''t want to celebrate, then don''t bother going and don''t bother posting in threads talking about it. I bet you''d say the same thing if we won the Championship. "It''s not an achievement, we must stay in the Premiership!" But then if we did, you''d just say "But what about the second season syndrome!" and so on.

Also, if you''d just been given a promotion at work in a job that you loved, would you not want to celebrate, even just a little bit?

A big thanks to wedgie who told us over a week ago that the 13 may was the day, thus allowing us all plenty of time to book the day off work.

Well done wedgie

" but I think it makes a mockery of our club. "

Having cretins like you being able to attach yourself to us makes a mockery of being a City fan.

Why not head down to poorman road instead and help put in the begging letters to their former season ticket holders

[quote user="SnakepitCanary"]Winning League One is not an achievement. Yes we have done fantastically well to go up, but I think it makes a mockery of our club. If we were to go upto the Premiership, then by all means, but League One?[/quote]

completely agree with you mate, after all we are effectively celebrating our worst league position in 60 odd years. Im delighted to have achieved promotion but just want to forget about league one now. The whole thing will feel a complete anti climax when compared to 04-05. I have no interest in attending.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

completely agree with you mate, after all we are effectively celebrating our worst league position in 60 odd years. Im delighted to have achieved promotion but just want to forget about league one now. The whole thing will feel a complete anti climax when compared to 04-05. I have no interest in attending.

[/quote] Open topped bus for the lowest league finish by the club in 50 years , pathetic it really is .

just out of interest which bit is the castle mound where they are going to do the speeches etc. is it the bit that faces onto castle meadow so everyone can see as was wondering where the best spot would be to watch and celebrate promotion back to where we belong

[quote user="UEA Canary"]dont turn up then, the real fans of the club will turn out in force to celebrate the superb season weve had[/quote]

I will be celebrating on Saturday, winning any trophy is worth celebrating but for me we are losing our sence of proportion to  have an open top bus jobby. I for one will not be there but dont say I`m not a real fan because of that UEA. I think it makes us a laughing stock and is a cringworthy reminder of Little Old Norwich. If it was Wroxham winning Div 3 then yes celebrate with open top buses and everything else, but a club like ours winning Div 3, we should wait till we have really achieved something worthy of NCFC before this sort of thing!

I,m going, looking forward to it after the dross which has been served to us over the last 3 yrs.May I just say, Thank you to Aviva for paying most of the costs.Mine''s a pint

OMG I can''t believe how much some of you sound like Leeds Fans thinking we were to big for League 1, it''s time to wake up guys we were in League 1 because we weren''t good enough to stay in the Championship.

Don''t the players who have spent their whole time in the lower leagues like Grant Holt and Michael Nelson not deserve this sort of recognition then...?  And our young players who will love this sort of event and will always remember it fondly.  No mean feat to have a league winners medal at the age of 19 or 20 like Korey Smith.

Also with a few exceptions it''s a completely different set up from the one that got relegated. It''s a massive achievement for these players and the management and I think that should be recognised.

If you don''t like it no one''s forcing you to go.

[quote user="Harry"]OMG I can''t believe how much some of you sound like Leeds Fans thinking we were to big for League 1, it''s time to wake up guys we were in League 1 because we weren''t good enough to stay in the Championship.
[/quote]

Cant argue with that bit Harry, but there is a bit more to it than that.   

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Don''t the players who have spent their whole time in the lower leagues like Grant Holt and Michael Nelson not deserve this sort of recognition then...?  And our young players who will love this sort of event and will always remember it fondly.  No mean feat to have a league winners medal at the age of 19 or 20 like Korey Smith.
[/quote]

They deserve huge praise and thats what they will get on Saturday.

Anyone know roughly what time the bus will arrive at the castle? Like most people I will be at work so won''t be able to get there until 7. Will that be too late!?

[quote user="City1st"]" but I think it makes a mockery of our club. "

Having cretins like you being able to attach yourself to us makes a mockery of being a City fan.

Why not head down to poorman road instead and help put in the begging letters to their former season ticket holders[/quote]It''s just his opinion, no need to get so hot under the colar about it, for what it''s worth I too think an open top bus parade is a tad OTT. I was hoping for a civic reception outside City Hall where everyone can enjoy the moment, the players can be congratulated and a few of us can get p***ed and then go home. An open top bus parade around the city brandishing the league 1 trophy is a little too much IMO, open top bus parades should be savored for the clubs most significant triumphs like that of our champions of division 1 campaign and League cup winners. What we have done this year is hardly on par with the rest.