Sign in to follow this  
yellowarmy

Norwich want Leon Clarke

I don''t think signing relegated players is the way forward to be honest, but he did score a good goal at the weekend, was a nice finish. Just needs to learn to celebrate without getting injured!

Agree. We do NOT need Leon Clarke. Not consistent at all, tries hard but no real skill.

Poor work by his agent, usually they pluck about six or seven clubs out of the air when trying to find a club for their player...

He is shit. If we signed him it would be a worrying sign of things to come. Lambert remaisn god in my eyes but the one area where the jury is out is player signings as i  am unconvinced by R. Martin, Rose and Elliott and only moderately impressed by Macnamee so far. Just hope that these signings have been a reflection on his budget rather than his eye for a player.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]He is shit. If we signed him it would be a worrying sign of things to come. Lambert remaisn god in my eyes but the one area where the jury is out is player signings as i  am unconvinced by R. Martin, Rose and Elliott and only moderately impressed by Macnamee so far. Just hope that these signings have been a reflection on his budget rather than his eye for a player.[/quote]To his credit though, Forster is not half bad.

if we want to compete in the championship we need to get players much better than clarke. i see no truth in this anyway.

[quote user="Dogger "]

Bobby Hassell & Brian Stock are on Lamberts list apparently?!!

[/quote]Those 2 would be better signings, Hassell is a strong, reliable right back whilst Stock has pulled the strings at Donny for the past couple of years, they sold Wellens for £1m last summer but didn''t miss him at all because of Stock.

PMSL

Leon Clarke.....he was SHITE when with us. Big headed, unfit striker who thinks he really is the dogs bollocks

if i way you i''d pray you dont get this muppet

This is so typical of Norwich - no all - football fans.

Look at the squads of Leicester, Cardiff, Swansea or Blackpool.   They are all promotion chasing sides - yet the reaction to us wanting to sign one of their players is likely to be the same as the reaction to this rumour.   All of those teams, like our 2004 promotion side,  have a strong team spirit, a winning mentality and an understanding of the tactics the manager uses so that they know what is expected of them when they are on the pitch. 

Clubs have shown time and again its not about how much you spend on players - its who you spend the money you have on that counts.  Now if you have money AND spend it well you are on to a winner.   How rarely that happens  - just ask Liverpool amongst others.

Lambert has a summer ahead of him,  and we either recognise that he has the capabilities to get us promoted and trust the players he signs (and there will be duds) get behind them and assume that they have the attributes he feels we need to gain promotion or we turn into a leeds/newcastle type club who say we deserve better than that and struggle to be a cohesive team.

Could it be that the manager thinks Holt is good enough but we do need target man back up for when he is injured and suspended and he thinks the likes of Clarke would be suitable cover for a capability the squad is missing?

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

This is so typical of Norwich - no all - football fans.

Look at the squads of Leicester, Cardiff, Swansea or Blackpool.   They are all promotion chasing sides - yet the reaction to us wanting to sign one of their players is likely to be the same as the reaction to this rumour.   All of those teams, like our 2004 promotion side,  have a strong team spirit, a winning mentality and an understanding of the tactics the manager uses so that they know what is expected of them when they are on the pitch. 

Clubs have shown time and again its not about how much you spend on players - its who you spend the money you have on that counts.  Now if you have money AND spend it well you are on to a winner.   How rarely that happens  - just ask Liverpool amongst others.

Lambert has a summer ahead of him,  and we either recognise that he has the capabilities to get us promoted and trust the players he signs (and there will be duds) get behind them and assume that they have the attributes he feels we need to gain promotion or we turn into a leeds/newcastle type club who say we deserve better than that and struggle to be a cohesive team.

Could it be that the manager thinks Holt is good enough but we do need target man back up for when he is injured and suspended and he thinks the likes of Clarke would be suitable cover for a capability the squad is missing?

[/quote]Doesn''t matter which club he''s at, Leon Clarke is a dreadful player.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

This is exactly it.

We have to be realistic in who we can expect to sign and take into account that we might bring in some players who the manager is signing to strengthen the squad rather than with a view to putting them straight into the team as a first choice player.

Whether it''s Leon Clarke or not, what are the chances of us getting a better striker than Grant Holt coming to the club knowing they could well be on the bench?

Players are going to look at it and see that Holt is currently captain and has scored 30 goals this season, they''ll know they could well have a tough job getting in the team.

Let''s hope that this was merely an enquiry, and no serious offer will be made.

Clarke has been described as a"pudding", which sums up a fairly immobile, opverweight player.

The same Leon Clarke who broke his foot kicking an advertising board during his goal celebration sunday ! what a tit !!!

[quote user="Adam NCFC"]I don''t think signing relegated players is the way forward to be honest, but he did score a good goal at the weekend, was a nice finish. Just needs to learn to celebrate without getting injured![/quote]

Haha [:D]

I imagine there''s little truth or substance about this. Why sign a distinctly average Championship player?? Doesn''t sound like a Lambert signing to me.. Just sounds like lazy journalism..

''I know what we''ll report this week.. Wednesday got relegated, Norwich got promoted, Leon Clarke scored live on sky - let''s put two and two together and hope no-one realises we got 5''

Right-o!

I remember seeing Leon Clarke when we played at Hillsborough last season and we went from being comfortable at half time to getting humiliated by their change in tactic, that being to knock it long to Leon Clarke, neither of the Central Defenders could do anything to stop him on that day!

Players play differently under different managers and at different clubs, we need some muscle up front to help out Holty and I think he could do a job if Lambert can get the best from him.

The 2 I would like from Sheff Wed would be Tommy Spurr, big for a full back and Darren Potter

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Oh dear, Leon Clarke is a very limited player, slow, poor touch, no composure.[/quote]Wrong.

Am i the only one who thinks this would be a good signing? Leon Large would be a great addition, i remember when he battered us a couple of years ago. Worthy, Sign him up, Worthy Worthy sign him up

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''d rather have Charles Clarke.

[/quote]

Good left winger in his day, but now passed his best could find himself on the (back) bench(es) next season. [;)]