Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Help please guys and gals!!

Basically (and I''m not quite sure how) some idiot in my politics class reckons that the premierleague isnt becoming a ''millionaires paradise'' and that teams in the premierleague arent in the premierleague because of all their wealth (how he thinks they''ve got all their good players i dont do....).

I would greatly appreciate some facts and arguments that back up my point. I''ve got politics tomorrow and a whole argument/case against his would be appreciated.

Cheers all

OTBC

Do a search for a post by Lambert is King about how the parachute payments have changed this has some great views and info that will help your case.Also the 3 teams that are relegated this season should prove your point as 2 of them are in financial meltdown and the team that is not is not because they didn''t spend any money and thus got relegated due to lack of depth and quality.

Basically its impossible to compete without risking the future of your club, as is shown by the fact Burnley were relegated and Pompey/Hull did gamble and have still gone down and are in a serious mess.

[quote user="Captain Holt"]The combined sum of every owner in the premier league is £41 BILLION. Surely that''s all you need to say?[/quote]

You''d have thought that would have worked but when I questioned (sp?) him about the wealthy owners he replied ''yea so what if the rich people want to take over prem clubs''!

[quote user="!?! CT "]

[quote user="Captain Holt"]The combined sum of every owner in the premier league is £41 BILLION. Surely that''s all you need to say?[/quote]

You''d have thought that would have worked but when I questioned (sp?) him about the wealthy owners he replied ''yea so what if the rich people want to take over prem clubs''!

You mean they havn''t allready done so