Sign in to follow this  
ryan1992

Stephen Elliot released by PNE

Still dont think id take him though despite being on a free. only 1 good game up at Huddersfield, would any of you want him here next year?

From what I saw of him at home, I dont think the way we played suited his ''quick, in behind the defenders'' strengths, that said,  certainly dont think we should be changing our play to suit him so no, I wouldnt be pleased to see him again next season - especially in a higher league.

No, using his words he was ''Johhny in the box'' for those 2 goals. Look at how much work Holt did for them both. Even Lappin would have scored them! :P I don''t think he brings much to the side, Oli and Cody are better options and Dawkin looks promising at Youth and Reserve level.

No, not for me. However, seeing as he''s now free we need to weigh up if we''re able to sign better strikers than him, realistically. If not, then sign him up.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d sign him definately. Hes proven in the championship that he can cut it with wolves and sunderland.[/quote] But not PNE, or us in League 1?

What about Chaplow? I''ve not seen him play recently but when I saw him a couple of seasons ago he was certainly a decent player.

Carter went to PNE rather than us didn''t he? Was it Grant that tried to sign him?

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"]

What about Chaplow? I''ve not seen him play recently but when I saw him a couple of seasons ago he was certainly a decent player.

Carter went to PNE rather than us didn''t he? Was it Grant that tried to sign him?

[/quote]

Then we definitely shouldn''t touch him with a barge pole

Yes, Carter snubbed us to sign for PNE. Wouldn''t have wanted him anyway. I would, however, take Chaplow. Young lad, decent touch and good creativity about him.

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d sign him definately. Hes proven in the championship that he can cut it with wolves and sunderland.[/quote]

But not PNE, or us in League 1?
[/quote]

I take him if we get him on the cheap; he was involved in 11 games, but only on the pitch for 290 minutes which equates to 3.2 games. As PL said it is quite difficult to play a bit part in a successful team. Also remember he had not kicked a ball in anger all season before he came to us. So unless PL (budget) allows us to get some one better I would give Elliott a go.

[quote user="willa"]

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I''d sign him definately. Hes proven in the championship that he can cut it with wolves and sunderland.[/quote]

But not PNE, or us in League 1?
[/quote]

I take him if we get him on the cheap; he was involved in 11 games, but only on the pitch for 290 minutes which equates to 3.2 games. As PL said it is quite difficult to play a bit part in a successful team. Also remember he had not kicked a ball in anger all season before he came to us. So unless PL (budget) allows us to get some one better I would give Elliott a go.

[/quote]

I agree that Elliot has disappointed in his performances but equally, we have not played to his strengths.  It is not necesary to alter the diamond though.  His speed ought to be a good foil to Hoolahan''s incisive passing.   I would like to see him play a few games with Wes just to see if Wes'' passsing can open up opportunities for Elliot''s speed.

I am not going to worry if we pass on the chance to sign him though.

No from me. From what I''ve seen he''s struggled to adapt to our type of football, and if we kept him it could mean less chances for oli or of getting a better new striker in.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]No thanks.
[/quote]

He is a very good player! We should sign him as a reward for his good performances, after all he''s obviously better than that Oli Johnson! HaHa

He''s so good PNE don''t want him. He offers nothing that Oli doesn''t. Haven''t we had enough of Preston''s p*ss poor cast offs?