Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

12/1 to win Championship next season

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]"Interesting analysis, you have grasp of a lot more facts than I did." cheers Morty It is all out there. The figures were released by the paupers last Oct. Clegg'' s stuff appears on the EADT web page as does Keane''s comments. You have to ask why did Evans not do something when the paupers were struggling at the bottom. The club had to turf out the high earners to pull in enough to bring in the Sunderland two. Hardly the work of someone backing them to get into the Premiership. He''s got what he wants. A stadium, conference facilities and a training ground all for less than £4m. Plus he has a nice little tax loss running on the side. That''s why he''s srtill charging the paupers interest on the full £25m and interest on the £8.1m loan (preference shares). The more he can clock up as losses at poorman road the more he can offset against profits elsewhere in the group. Any wonder he doesn''t want his face recognised. Any wonder he appointed a chief executive who admitted he was clueless about football finances. When the s*** does finally hit the fan* and the rural simpletons down the road actually grasp what''s been going on Evans will not be a known face. * not the mad dog walking lamping one of the binners[/quote]

How on earth is the sh*t going to hit the fan when he disappears?

Evans owns the club, I.e. the debt is HIS and is ITFC''s in name only.

It is in Evans'' best interests to see us promoted so that he can write the debt off with TV money.

What''s all this ''turfing out the high earners''? Stead went and was replaced with Daryl Murphy who''s wages are even bigger than Stead''s, Bruce left on-loan and we took on Healy''s wage - neither Stead nor Bruce are in Keane''s plans so I''m not quite sure what you''re hinting at but don''t let bias get in the way of a good argument eh?

Fascinating how you take such a keen interest though, poorer cousin syndrome and all that...
[/quote]

Hmm strange that, coming from you on a Norwich forum...F*ck off!!

" How on earth is the sh*t going to hit the fan when he disappears?

Evans owns the club, I.e. the debt is HIS and is ITFC''s in name only.

It is in Evans'' best interests to see us promoted so that he can write the debt off with TV money.

What''s all this ''turfing out the high earners''? Stead went and was replaced with Daryl Murphy who''s wages are even bigger than Stead''s, Bruce left on-loan and we took on Healy''s wage - neither Stead nor Bruce are in Keane''s plans so I''m not quite sure what you''re hinting at but don''t let bias get in the way of a good argument eh?

Fascinating how you take such a keen interest though, poorer cousin syndrome and all that..."

errr, where did I say the s*** would hit bthe fan when Evans left ? You really should get another adult to read for you.

if it is Evans best interest then why has he not simply wiped out the debts your club owes. Why is he still charging you interest ? Why did he not make money available this season ?

As to "what you''re hinting at I am hinting at nothing. I am quoting what your chief executive stated. As in - “We wouldn’t have Daryl and David here if we had Alex Bruce and Jon Stead still on the books. " "“But it’s not a bottomless pit, people should not be under any illusions about that. And therefore if I can make more money by sending people out than I pay out when bringing people in then that’s good business.” So there was a turfing out.

So i it really was in Evans interest or even intention to get you paupers into the Premiership then why did he not simply stump up the money ?

Because you are nothing more than a convenient tax loss to Evans. As your fan base shrinks, your annual income shrinks so does your debt increase, Not bias, merely your own club''s figures.

So as to poor cousins perhaps a grown up could explain the difference in debt to you. It was called sums a few years back. And interest, then yes. In the same ghoulish fascination people have when they ''rubberneck'' car crashes. However it is normal for car crash victims to be aware that they have been in a car crash. You poor deluded rustics are still under the illusion that having had to hand over your club to some shady ticket tout for less than £4m is good news. I suppose that 3000 less season ticket sales is also good news. Unable to pay £10m last year is good news. Incoming falling by £1.1m is good news. Roy Keane staying as your manager is also good news ......

........................... it is for us !

RIPswich

Further evidence of the ''cupboard is bare'' state of affairs at poorman road is provided by the mad dog walker''s (old mother Hubbard himself) words today in their local rag.

Despite the endless squeaks from the dimwits down the road about the millions upon millions that Evans is ''investing'' in binworld the reality is a little different

"Keane says his priority is his targets who will be available on free transfers: “What we can try and do is finalise the players whose contracts are up. ." Keane 5/5/10

So how will this massive investment in the club be funded. More milions upon millions from the ever benevolent Evans I hear you ask ?

errr, no

''The Town manager is looking to sign four or five new players while moving on a number of his first team squad. ''

"“We’ve got a big squad, but our injuries are down 25% on last year, so we don’t need as many players as we have ". Keane 5/5/10

I expect old mother hubbard Keane to be tapping on the side door of the stadium of light with his cap in hand. They might even rename poorman road the stadium of shite once Keane has asembled his ragbag collection of unwanted misfits, out of contract failures and lower league irish hopefuls.

Any wonder 3000 of the lesser deluded down the A140 have decided not to renew their season tickets. If 2009/10 was grim then 2010/11 is going to be a whole lot worse.

RIPswich

anyone''s league next year is the championship

many promoted sides have found life easy in the championship these past few years whilst many others have also found it just as tough

you could easily finish 4th as 24th

if i was norwich fan i''d just want good start and come a happy midtable to start with then maybe think about promotion when established a foothold in the league again

but as i said ANYONES league next year.......

I care no less about the paupers than any other geniune City fan

I do care a bit about accuracy, so it does no harm to have things explained properly

[quote user="City1st"]I care no less about the paupers than any other geniune City fan

I do care a bit about accuracy, so it does no harm to have things explained properly[/quote]As you care so much about accuracy you dimwit, you may like to consider that Marcus Evans BOUGHT the debt - it is attributed to the Marcus Evans Group, NOT Ipswich Town Football Club.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]I care no less about the paupers than any other geniune City fan

I do care a bit about accuracy, so it does no harm to have things explained properly[/quote]As you care so much about accuracy you dimwit, you may like to consider that Marcus Evans BOUGHT the debt - it is attributed to the Marcus Evans Group, NOT Ipswich Town Football Club.[/quote]He did buy the debt.  But he still charges you interest on it.  Whether on paper only or not, there is an increasing debt owed to Marcus Evans Group, by Ipswich Town.  Compare this with our situation - Debt owed to 2 banks that everyone has heard of, and several interest free loans from the directors, which have subsequently been converted into shares.Bit of a no-brainer as to which one is better, really. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="City1st"]I care no less about the paupers than any other geniune City fan

I do care a bit about accuracy, so it does no harm to have things explained properly[/quote]As you care so much about accuracy you dimwit, you may like to consider that Marcus Evans BOUGHT the debt - it is attributed to the Marcus Evans Group, NOT Ipswich Town Football Club.[/quote]He did buy the debt.  But he still charges you interest on it.  Whether on paper only or not, there is an increasing debt owed to Marcus Evans Group, by Ipswich Town.  Compare this with our situation - Debt owed to 2 banks that everyone has heard of, and several interest free loans from the directors, which have subsequently been converted into shares.Bit of a no-brainer as to which one is better, really.  [/quote]No-brainer? We''re owned and funded by a man who has a personal wealth approaching £600M and you''re the ones better off?! You only have to look at some of our summer targets compared to yours (Chopra, Butt, Fulop Vs Clarke, D. Wright, Hassell) to see that we are on another level to NCFC. We have a playing budget of 3-4 times the size of yours yet we are being slated by your feathered friend above when we DO balancing the books by loaning out 2 players who were out of the starting eleven, and loaning in 2 players to come straight into the starting eleven! Clearly tinged with jealousy methinks.1 season in the top flight would wipe out the entire debt and interest, so you can see why Evans is happy to continue to fund the club and have it running as a loss in the quest for the Prem.

[quote user="cortwanking"]No-brainer? We''re owned and funded by a man who has a personal wealth approaching £600M and you''re the ones better off?! You only have to look at some of our summer targets compared to yours (Chopra, Butt, Fulop Vs Clarke, D. Wright, Hassell) to see that we are on another level to NCFC. We have a playing budget of 3-4 times the size of yours yet we are being slated by your feathered friend above when we DO balancing the books by loaning out 2 players who were out of the starting eleven, and loaning in 2 players to come straight into the starting eleven! Clearly tinged with jealousy methinks.1 season in the top flight would wipe out the entire debt and interest, so you can see why Evans is happy to continue to fund the club and have it running as a loss in the quest for the Prem.[/quote]Ok, so your rich man gets richer on paper by charging your poor football club for the privelege of being owned by him.  In the mean time our moderately wealthy owners pour money into the club, and don''t charge a penny in interest.  Yeah, I can see why you think you''ve got a good deal there.And as for this - [quote]1 season in the top flight would wipe out the entire debt and interest[/quote]2 words - Portsmouth, and Hull.  Not even winning the FA Cup (possibly twice in 3 seasons) can save you these days.Make sure you don''t bang your head on the way down to league 1...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="cortwanking"]No-brainer? We''re owned and funded by a man who has a personal wealth approaching £600M and you''re the ones better off?! You only have to look at some of our summer targets compared to yours (Chopra, Butt, Fulop Vs Clarke, D. Wright, Hassell) to see that we are on another level to NCFC. We have a playing budget of 3-4 times the size of yours yet we are being slated by your feathered friend above when we DO balancing the books by loaning out 2 players who were out of the starting eleven, and loaning in 2 players to come straight into the starting eleven! Clearly tinged with jealousy methinks.1 season in the top flight would wipe out the entire debt and interest, so you can see why Evans is happy to continue to fund the club and have it running as a loss in the quest for the Prem.[/quote]Ok, so your rich man gets richer on paper by charging your poor football club for the privelege of being owned by him.  In the mean time our moderately wealthy owners pour money into the club, and don''t charge a penny in interest.  Yeah, I can see why you think you''ve got a good deal there.And as for this - [quote]1 season in the top flight would wipe out the entire debt and interest[/quote]2 words - Portsmouth, and Hull.  Not even winning the FA Cup (possibly twice in 3 seasons) can save you these days.Make sure you don''t bang your head on the way down to league 1...[/quote]Would that be the moderately wealthy owners who won''t budge until they get a vastly over-inflated sum to be bought out?! Nice.I''m not quite sure how Portsmouth and Hull are relevant here - I''m saying that we could spend a season in the top flight, take the money and run and be back on an even keel if we were to suffer instant relegation to the Championship. That, coupled with the increasing parachute payments would put us in a strong position.Lol you''re the deluded one if you think we''re on our way to League 1.

[quote]Would that be the moderately wealthy owners who won''t budge until they

get a vastly over-inflated sum to be bought out?! Nice.I''m not

quite sure how Portsmouth and Hull are relevant here - I''m saying that

we could spend a season in the top flight, take the money and run and be

back on an even keel if we were to suffer instant relegation to the

Championship. That, coupled with the increasing parachute payments would

put us in a strong position.Lol you''re the deluded one if you

think we''re on our way to League 1.[/quote]If you think you can make money by being in the Premiership and paying Championship wages then I''d like to know what colour the sky is on your planet.  Even if you bought no-one and played the Championship winning squad week in week out, are they going to play for the same money ?  Are they ''eck as like !  The sad fact is that anyone outside the top 6 is slowing sinking in quicksand, and all clubs in the top 2 leagues are reliant upon either benevolent benefactors or loan sharks.  We know which one our is, what''s yours ?Remind me how many home draws did you play out this season ?  We had similar under Grant and Roeder.  Smacks to me of a team who can''t really be arsed to put themselves on the line for the boss, whose managerial high-point so far was getting Sunderland promoted to the Premiership on a tidal-wave of cash.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Would that be the moderately wealthy owners who won''t budge until they

get a vastly over-inflated sum to be bought out?! Nice.I''m not

quite sure how Portsmouth and Hull are relevant here - I''m saying that

we could spend a season in the top flight, take the money and run and be

back on an even keel if we were to suffer instant relegation to the

Championship. That, coupled with the increasing parachute payments would

put us in a strong position.Lol you''re the deluded one if you

think we''re on our way to League 1.[/quote]If you think you can make money by being in the Premiership and paying Championship wages then I''d like to know what colour the sky is on your planet.  Even if you bought no-one and played the Championship winning squad week in week out, are they going to play for the same money ?  Are they ''eck as like !  The sad fact is that anyone outside the top 6 is slowing sinking in quicksand, and all clubs in the top 2 leagues are reliant upon either benevolent benefactors or loan sharks.  We know which one our is, what''s yours ?Remind me how many home draws did you play out this season ?  We had similar under Grant and Roeder.  Smacks to me of a team who can''t really be arsed to put themselves on the line for the boss, whose managerial high-point so far was getting Sunderland promoted to the Premiership on a tidal-wave of cash.[/quote]Yep we played out a lot of draws home and away, but we are hard to beat, as you lot will soon find out. If Keane can pick up the players on his wish-list this summer we will be in with as good a chance as anyone.As for the Premiership - Burnley have shown that it is possible to go up there and spend a negligible amount and return to the Championship in a good state with money to spend on new players for another promotion tilt.

Keane will blow the cash and be sacked 10 games into the season when he seriously underachieves, again.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Keane will blow the cash and be sacked 10 games into the season when he seriously underachieves, again.[:)][/quote]If you consider the last six months of this season we''ve been in Playoff form then I would suggest that things are only going to get better if Keane gets in the experience and firepower that he has pinpointed.:)

[quote user="portmanking"]Yep we played out a lot of draws home and away, but we are hard to beat, as you lot will soon find out. If Keane can pick up the players on his wish-list this summer we will be in with as good a chance as anyone.As for the Premiership - Burnley have shown that it is possible to go up there and spend a negligible amount and return to the Championship in a good state with money to spend on new players for another promotion tilt.[/quote]I genuinely hope that I will have heard of very few of our signings before they arrive this summer.  I hadn''t heard of Fraser Forster, and he has been one of the best keepers in England this season.  I would rather have an unknown manager who can take a group of promising youngsters and turn them into a team who work for each other and the boss, than have a big name manager who turns an expensive shopping list of show-ponies into a disaffected group who won''t work for the boss and the badge.  We have had both types of manager here in the last 5 years, and thankfully we have the first type now.  I''d argue that you have the second type - Keane is much more of a Roeder figure than he is a Lambert.As it is, neither of our teams have signed anyone yet.  The word is that our lot are going to try and win it next season, and the last time we were in this league, we had one of the biggest budgets in it.I look forward to the derby games, they will provide an interesting perspective.  The team that wants to win those games more generally does [;)]...

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"]Keane will blow the cash and be sacked 10 games into the season when he seriously underachieves, again.[:)][/quote]If you consider the last six months of this season we''ve been in Playoff form then I would suggest that things are only going to get better if Keane gets in the experience and firepower that he has pinpointed.:)[/quote]I suggest you go and look at some of your own message boards, and you will see that it isn''t just me with this opinion.Play off form? How the hell do you work that out lol?Why were your fans booing at your last game if you are in such great form?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="portmanking"]Yep we played out a lot of draws home and away, but we are hard to beat, as you lot will soon find out. If Keane can pick up the players on his wish-list this summer we will be in with as good a chance as anyone.As for the Premiership - Burnley have shown that it is possible to go up there and spend a negligible amount and return to the Championship in a good state with money to spend on new players for another promotion tilt.[/quote]I genuinely hope that I will have heard of very few of our signings before they arrive this summer.  I hadn''t heard of Fraser Forster, and he has been one of the best keepers in England this season.  I would rather have an unknown manager who can take a group of promising youngsters and turn them into a team who work for each other and the boss, than have a big name manager who turns an expensive shopping list of show-ponies into a disaffected group who won''t work for the boss and the badge.  We have had both types of manager here in the last 5 years, and thankfully we have the first type now.  I''d argue that you have the second type - Keane is much more of a Roeder figure than he is a Lambert.As it is, neither of our teams have signed anyone yet.  The word is that our lot are going to try and win it next season, and the last time we were in this league, we had one of the biggest budgets in it.I look forward to the derby games, they will provide an interesting perspective.  The team that wants to win those games more generally does [;)]...[/quote]They will indeed provide an interesting perspective - and like I just mentioned, not once has our squad rolled over and died... In fact that has been our main strength since our poor start, our ability to dig deep so you could not be further from the truth. If you''re alluding to the signings of Lee Martin and Tamas Priskin then yes they have flattered to deceive but what manager doesn''t make a bum signing? Besides, both players have great ability and would thrive in a team challenging at the top end of the table and with greater experience around them. Keane will only keep the players who want to play for the badge and him - hence the departure of messrs Richard and David Wright.

[quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"]Keane will blow the cash and be sacked 10 games into the season when he seriously underachieves, again.[:)][/quote]If you consider the last six months of this season we''ve been in Playoff form then I would suggest that things are only going to get better if Keane gets in the experience and firepower that he has pinpointed.:)[/quote]Results for Ipswich Town 2009 - 2010Unless I''ve counted wrong, Ipswich have scored 32 points from their last 23 games (since 1st Jan).  I make that 1.39 points per game.Blackpool took 6th place in the championship with 70 points from 42 matches.  1.52 points per game.On the basis of your mathematical understanding of form Mr King, forgive me if I don''t trust your opinion on who has the better owners...

What manager doesn''t make a bum signing? Jesus you are scraping the barrell aren''t you?At Sunderland:Liam Miller, Dwight Yorke, Varga, Connolly, Stokes, John, McShane, Etuhu, Chopra, Halford, O''Donovan, Anderson, Prica, Ferdinand, Chimbonda, Healy, Diouf.Then again, what manager doesn''t?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="portmanking"][quote user="morty"]Keane will blow the cash and be sacked 10 games into the season when he seriously underachieves, again.

[:)]
[/quote]

If you consider the last six months of this season we''ve been in Playoff form then I would suggest that things are only going to get better if Keane gets in the experience and firepower that he has pinpointed.

:)
[/quote]

Results for Ipswich Town 2009 - 2010

Unless I''ve counted wrong, Ipswich have scored 32 points from their last 23 games (since 1st Jan).  I make that 1.39 points per game.

Blackpool took 6th place in the championship with 70 points from 42 matches.  1.52 points per game.

On the basis of your mathematical understanding of form Mr King, forgive me if I don''t trust your opinion on who has the better owners...

[/quote]

70 pts for a play-off place? Wow. That''s cheap, cheap.

OTBC 

Oh dear our poor simple minded suffolk farmhand appears a little confused with ''sums'' that are a tiny bit more advanced than counting the fingers on his hand.

He tell us "As you care so much about accuracy you dimwit, you may like to consider that Marcus Evans BOUGHT the debt - it is attributed to the Marcus Evans Group, NOT Ipswich Town Football Club. "

whereas his own Independent Supporters Club atates -

"However, that debt is not to be absolved from the books of Ipswich Town and the full £32m remains payable to a Marcus Evans Group company. In addition, the Trust understands that the debt will continue to accrue interest, so the debt will increase" Colin Kreidewolf 2007

"The club has considerable debts, it is just that they are owed to the Marcus Evans Group rather than external banks. The full amount of the debt continues to be owed by the club to the Marcus Evans Group."

"This loss together with the cumulative interest on the pre existing debt is likely to have significantly increased the size of the overall debt owing to the Marcus Evans Group to over £40m " Colin Kreidewolf 2010

But never mind, if any further proof were needed that the paupers down the A140 haven''t a clue up pops our farmhand with this startling burst of stupidity "We have a playing budget of 3-4 times the size of yours"

As in your player budget last season was £11.3m and ours was £10.1m, it''s hardly "3-4 times" ..... even with your six fingers.

His stupidity continues

"When we DO balancing the books by loaning out 2 players who were out of the starting eleven, and loaning in 2 players to come straight into the starting eleven!

It was three my simple minded farmhand - Bruce, Stead and Priskin. Try counting them, it''s three.

So there we are. More nonsense from the paupers. His childlike bleats easily proven wrong, again. Unsurprisingly our ill informed farm hand conveniently makes no mention of the season ticket sales of the two clubs - nor the respective incomes £18m (City) £14.7m (paupers). Also avoids the ''mad dog walker''s''very words this morning when he talked of looking for freebies - and even that they would have to be funded by turfing out half the first team ?

No reply either as to why the tout is still charging the paupers interest on ALL of the debt. Surely even a simple minded soul from suffolk could grasp that if you were trying to get a club promoted you wouldn''t be burdening it with £40m debt that you were also charging interest on.

And one final word my poor deluded dimwit. How is it that you need to be "balancing the books" when iearlier you claimed "Evans is happy to continue to fund the club and have it running as a loss"

Running at a loss or balancing the books. Perhaps it''s just that you are from suffolk and grown up''s logic and reasoned thought are rather beyond your limited intellect. Never mind there''ll be plenty of space for you at poorman rd next season.

Though thankfully for us one seat will still be occupied. Mr Roy in the dug out !

[quote user="Naughty Dogger "]Both Hull & Pompey are in serious debt, prob why they are less fancied??[/quote]

"Serious" doesn''t even begin to cover Portsmouths debt problems. £140million now and rising.

I''d be surprised if they finish the season.